The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #26
ubtripn

Re: I am a bout to give up on finding my ps brackets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You guys are the best, thanks. I didn't find it yet but have one last place to look and then I will repost.

The van has the long wp so thanks for the tip on not mixing up the components. I don't know how long it has been since the van has run, just stored it for a relative who needed a place and he said to use what I want but I am going to go for the drivers side version since I have so much stuff on the passenger side I would have to deal with.
ubtripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #27
ubtripn

Re: I am a bout to give up on finding my ps brackets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Justtime520 - did you use that bracket from Jegs and that alone? Looking at it I thought the brackets get the pump out away from the block a little so that the pulleys line up?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #28
ubtripn

Thanks Bigsnookmaster and stitch22 and 406 Q-ship mightymose and BoundStaffPress and 71swb4x4 and all those those offerring advice and parts, I cannot believe how generous all of you are. Talk about coming together. I should know if I won't be able to find one locally by tomorrow. You guys are good people.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:08 AM   #29
stich626
Account Suspended

don't forget vettes used a short water pump till 82
stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #30
ubtripn

Does anybody happen to have a picture of an engine that uses the style of ps pump I have mounted on the drivers side? So I can get an idea of clearances and stuff?

My pump has more bolt holes on the front than on the back, I guess so that it can accommodate different mounting styles.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #31
john
member #16

heres a pic.
Attached Images

john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #32
Autoblueprint

Try Desert Valley Auto Parts...the same guys who have the T.V. show on the Discovery channel...they ship...and I'd be surprised if they don't have what you are looking for...I've used them in the past and they have always come through.

http://www.dvap.com
Old 05-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #33
ubtripn

thanks to both of you and that pic helps a ton
Old 05-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #34
ubtripn

My ps pump looks different than the one s I have seen pictured. In the pictures the originals have a rounder bottom. Will mine pictured in the thread still work?
Old 05-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #35
71 super

Yes yours will still work it is just the later reservior type. Pump is the same. The only hiccup you might run into is the exit of the return line but it is no big deal to route an alternative way (may have to go down instead of up).
69 swb cst 6 cylinder/ overdrive
69 black/black cst bb swb
70 orange and white cst Canada built truck swb bb
71 black and white super swb bb
71 red and white super swb
72 green and white super swb 4x4
62 nova wagon 400 series Ls swapped
68 Camaro 327/4 speed- 1 owner, original paint
66 Volkswagen bettle
69 auto stick Volkswagen Beetle
71 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #36
mightymouse

hey ubtripn are the brkts. i posted not the right ones ?
mightymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #37
ubtripn

Mightymouse, I think they are, I just can't figure out how to see them again. Still learning the forum tricks.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #38
thelonerife

I have a set but one needs a repair. Anyway you'll need the add on pulley for ps. I had one in this thread but it sold but you can see what it looks like.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=455662
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #39
ubtripn

Thank you and one other question - why do the holes on the back of my pump have plugs? especially when all of the front ones don't. (I'm not talking about the hose connections but the smaller bolt holes, it looks like fluid could come out of them?)
Old 05-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #40
ubtripn

I think i got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I modified the van brackets with my grinder and I think I got it!!! My only question left is about the threaded bolt holes on the back of my pump having threads, do I just put the bolts in and not worry? Should I use the high temp black stuff like on my intake bolts? I am afraid they will leak.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:45 AM   #41
67Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
heres a pic.
Ubtripn - I don't want to hijack so if I do just shut me dowm....

Can anyone tell me if I can use a two groove waterpump pulley to power my PS pump or will it hit. From the pics above it looks like it wont clear. Anyone ran this set up? Having a hell of a time finding a 3 groove crank pulley thats not chrome.
Thsnks,
Slider
67Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:18 AM   #42
ubtripn

Your fine, no worries. I am also still interested in the holes in the back of my pump ith thereads and if I just puts bolts in and that's all.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #43
ubtripn

I also want to thank everybody for all fo the help and offers, this is one heck of a group of good people.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #44
1956cameo

Try looking in the "Truck Shop" parts catalog. They sell most all of the stock brackets including the ones for the power steering pump. That is where I will get mine because no one on here will sell me a bracket without selling me the whole set up. The brackets are reproductions, but look exactly like originals and they are reasonably priced. Good luck!

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #45
Richard H.
Spanked once

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubtripn View Post
Your fine, no worries. I am also still interested in the holes in the back of my pump ith thereads and if I just puts bolts in and that's all.
They are just bolt holes ,the plugs are to protect them from dirt if not used. Won't leak.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #46
ubtripn

awesome, thanks.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #47
aztim1968

Dont feel bad ubtripn I am going through the problem. I checked out the jegs site and it appears that bracket might work. I dont know for sure but seems like last resort. Please post how you fixed your problem. I am very interested
aztim1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #48
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Slider View Post
Ubtripn - I don't want to hijack so if I do just shut me dowm....

Can anyone tell me if I can use a two groove waterpump pulley to power my PS pump or will it hit. From the pics above it looks like it wont clear. Anyone ran this set up? Having a hell of a time finding a 3 groove crank pulley thats not chrome.
Thsnks,
Slider
Hey Slider,
I just posted this info on another thread...pulley part numbers and combos
If your talking 350 I have the a/c p/s crank pulley setup I won't be using, also the w/p and p/s pulleys.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf pulleys-69-2007-02-01.pdf (21.5 KB, 122 views)
File Type: pdf pulleys-PN-2007-02-01.pdf (16.8 KB, 349 views)
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #49
67Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoKeene View Post
Hey Slider,
I just posted this info on another thread...pulley part numbers and combos
If your talking 350 I have the a/c p/s crank pulley setup I won't be using, also the w/p and p/s pulleys.
Reno,

I sent you a PM.

Slider
67Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #50
Blazenherbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubtripn View Post
I have been to every junkyard but one in the valley here and cannot find the right brackets for my 350. I have notched the bumper bracket (which was definitely a must) installed the rag joint on the remanned steering gear and installed the unit in my 68. I have the pump/resevoir and hoses but I cannot find the brackets pictured below (TX Fireman furnished the pic) in a thread. It is an early to mid 70's 350, not uncommon one would think but actually our junkyard are full of 90's stuff mostly. Does anybody know who sells these brackets the cheapest? I Can't find them in LMC. I am going crazy!

The second pic is what I did find at the junkyard, I am going to use the accellerator pictured (has a spring behind it) to mod my 68 pedal arm. It will get my pedal off the floor at least. The other is an ashtray with bearings.

Attachment 741814

Attachment 741815
The pedal wont work the curve need to be on the left side or els it will hit the fire wall near the hump trust me i tried that allready

Last edited by Blazenherbs; 05-11-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Blazenherbs is offline   Reply With Quote