The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #26
Red Foreman

Re: Camaro IFS problem

Used 5/16 heavy angle to tie in the bumper horns, also have ended up making gussets & plates to fill in the gap below the horns not shown in this or the previous pictures.
Attached Images

Red Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #27
Red Foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberweb View Post
Red foreman,
Nice jig, great job on the frame.To post multiple pictures go to manage attachments, you will see a dialog box where you can browse your picture files then upload all the pictures you want. I think you can upload 4 at a time.

-Larry
Hi Larry, manage attachments is the way I go about it but it rejects multiple pics, I have a feeling the picture files are too large & I may need to shrink or adjust the camera??

ps: if anyone else knows what I'm doing wrong with the picture upload please let me know?
Red Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #28
55metalmonkey

You likely have to resize them to under 100kb each (or what ever the max size is) and save them in a separate folder so you can find them easy. I do it that way but re-sizeing each pic individually is a pain.
55metalmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #29
wilberweb

yeah its sounds like the photos are too large. like you said, I re size my photos just because it doesn't fill the whole page 400X600 is a good size it seems to accept that size.

-Larry
wilberweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:08 AM   #30
55dude

wilberweb here is something to keep in mind, after your clip is tacked in place and your doors and front sheetmetal is fitted just bridge the "gap" from frame to core support then take your bumper, position it where it looks good and fabricate your brackets. i have seen this done dozens of different ways and "safety and common sense" are the rules to go by. having been under trucks that had killer finishes on them only to be shocked at the poor fab work underneath. just don't make it to complicated or you won't ever get it finished, been buying those "stalled projects" for years now as "support vehicles" for finishing my projects.
55dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:34 AM   #31
wilberweb

Hi, Guys I have some progress pictures of my camaro install hope this is done right
it would be a lot of work to re-cut and fix if its not what do you guys think I have noticed on some of the frame grafts that it does seem they didn't spread the frame as much as I did. I leveled my clip and measured for square.so if any one has some information on different ways they installed there camaro clips that would be interesting to see the many ways it can be done, I have a question on the clips that are mounted under the frame and why its done that way. When I was finished with the clip and I could let the truck off of the jack stands it let the truck sit 2" lower than stock. So my question is why its done both ways under the stock frame and grafted in line with the frame.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2011, 01:48 AM   #32
55metalmonkey

looking good
55metalmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #33
jjjmm56

Your doing a great job, looks good. When I did my 56 it was 20 yrs ago and sites like this or the internet for that matter was not around. I layed my sub under the frame thinking that after welding and boxing it would be stronger than to cut and graft, no sheer point. Plus I used the stock trans mount and didn't need to worry about the angle of the a-arms and bumpsteer. It also gives you a slight Z in the frame giving about 1" more drop. I have done two more like this and can finish it over a weekend.
jjjmm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #34
wilberweb

Thanks for the reply. guys
I was surprised it dropped the front so much I thought that the reason they went under the frame was so it didn't ride so high, not too lower it another inch it seems that you would modify the springs or spindles for that. I am glad I did it this way,It's good too know that I am on the right track.

-Larry
Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #35
jjjmm56

If you look at indians picture you can see that the sub frame sits higher than the stock frame. Both are good ways to do it your doing fine.
jjjmm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #36
wilberweb

I see Indians is Higher off of the stock frame I guess it would make the tires lower.
so if I would want it lower still I would install spindles or air bags in the front. Right now it sits 10" off the floor that's without the Engine, with the engine installed it would bring it lower still by at lest 1" maybe 2". that's perfect height.

-Larry