The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #26
One Chevy Scotty

Re: How rare is this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurg View Post
looks like a pretty decent rig you got there...I was personally wondering what the note on the dash says

Ahh the note! ....it says when parking the truck to put on the solar charger as the brake lamp switch will stick and kill the batteries.....I would have just changed out the switch, but then again, it is a farm truck and needs a battery tender if not run every week.
One Chevy Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #27
One Chevy Scotty

Yes, the lift gate works.

I have been thinking about pressure washing the moss off of it and having my company logo put on the door and driving it just the way that it is....I am going to find the YOM farm truck plates and stick them back on it.

The tires have to go....I would not mind the mud grips so much if I never drove it on pavement....they are going away shortly (as well as the split rims- my tire shop won't touch them).

Thanks for all of the comments guys....as soon as I have a free day, she is getting a new fuel pump and some tires. I think that the iron has character and it is going to stay for now.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #28
One Chevy Scotty

Well.....I got the new fuel pump in this afternoon, and drained THREE gallons of gasoline infused oil from the crankcase....I put in a new oil filter element (I had forgotten that it was a paper element and was about to yell at the auto parts guys).....Pulled the choke about half out, hut the switch & she roared to life...now I just need to refill the brake juice and get her to stop....new tires and some steel wheels (non-split rims)

It seems that the fuel in the oil did no damage and the 307 purrs like a kitten...this will be my first 307...kind of sounds like my old 283 out of my 57 truck. Kinda nice to have a truck that starts when you want it to
Old 03-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #29
schurg

great to hear you got her runnin again...I cant say I blame ya wanting to just slap a logo on the side and roll with it..that truck has tons of character. good luck with the brakes..and dont forget the solar panels when you park it! :P
schurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #30
sboris

Cool truck, lots of character. Now that it's home running we need more pics...
Posted via Mobile Device
71 short step-sold
71 chevy Beauville van
My build.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=633039
sboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:29 AM   #31
sanford66

Looks like that is kind of a rare truck! The "Red Book" i have says that there were only 1,047 stepside K-20's made in 1968, and i'm sure theres alot fewer than that left now. If it were mine i would put a used painted front bumper on it, [one with original patina to match the truck], ditch the bed rails, and install the original tailgate back on it. Just my 2-cents. Nice truck and good luck with it! Joseph
1954 Delray 2-door sedan [rat rod project]
sanford66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #32
One Chevy Scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanford66 View Post
Looks like that is kind of a rare truck! The "Red Book" i have says that there were only 1,047 stepside K-20's made in 1968, and i'm sure theres alot fewer than that left now. If it were mine i would put a used painted front bumper on it, [one with original patina to match the truck], ditch the bed rails, and install the original tailgate back on it. Just my 2-cents. Nice truck and good luck with it! Joseph
I looked at the tailgate mounting and it looks like I am missing the pivot on each side, the chains, and the latch brackets....

I am surprised that there were that few made...maybe I need to send it off for paint? This one will need more than my 72 K20 needed, but maybe it's worth it for a rare bird?

What do y'all think?

What did the factory rear bumper look like on a HD stepside?
Old 03-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #33
schurg

I"m not sure of the 'value' of the truck as a whole..but I do know of a good home for that OG tailgate you have
schurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #34
71swb4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Chevy Scotty View Post
I am surprised that there were that few made...maybe I need to send it off for paint? This one will need more than my 72 K20 needed, but maybe it's worth it for a rare bird?

What do y'all think?
It only has original paint once. A low production truck with original paint, THAT is a rare bird.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #35
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Very cool truck. I'd love to find something like that.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #36
slikside

I like your idea of just slappin your logo on the side, and rolling w/ it just like it is (tires, wheels, brakes.....of course.)

sanford66.......your avatar is hillarious.....and appropriate!
slikside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #37
One Chevy Scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikside View Post
I like your idea of just slappin your logo on the side, and rolling w/ it just like it is (tires, wheels, brakes.....of course.)
I found a guy that hand paints (freehand!!!) pin striping on cars for some local dealers....he says that he has been wanting to start doing that kind of thing....I am going to get him some sheet metal to practice on before he does my truck....

Anyone have photos of the stock rear bumper set-up for the step sides?