The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #26
Igorsgonemadd

Re: Igors Sled

And here she sits.....I didnt take any pics of the front. But it's drop spindles, springs, new tie rod ends, new moog ball joints, new brakes pads, hoses and rotors.
Attached Images

Igorsgonemadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #27
Igorsgonemadd

It doesnt sit quite as low in the front as I thought it would and me getting in a hurry I forgot to measure. I wouldnt doubt one bit that Western sent me 2 inch lowering springs instead of three inch.....I'm just hoping once I set the bed on it that it's not higher in the front than in the back. Right now it is just slightly higher in the back, just barely though. But anyway, I will have the notch in it this week. I bought me another bed with no rust and better fenders and I have been getting it ready. I'm getting ready to pull all the doors off and replace the rockers and cab corners. I decided to do it myself and since I'm gonna have all the doors off, the bed off and probly the front fenders to do the rockers and corners, I have decided to paint it as well I have the interior completely gutted and new seals and stuff on the way. I'm using summits on fire metallic red paint and I'm debating solid or two tone with white in the middle, kinda like what I have but a little differnt. I have parts out the wazoo sitting all over my house, my wifes about to kill me. Have a new dash pad, vents, dash trim, door trim, Por 15, paint, dye, two rear doors sitting in my room (rust free panels hinges and all for 80 bucks) couldnt pass it up, not sure yet if I'm going to use them. I'll take some more pics of it this week. I'm gonna start pulling windows and doors as soon as I get the notch in.....then the real fun starts Oh and heres some pics of the bottoms of the doors, I was worried about these but Randy P said to wirebrush them prime and paint and they'd be good for another 20 years. But the frame of one of my rear doors has some damage. So I know I will use the passenger, but not sure about the driver rear door yet. I will be better about taking pics and updating from now on.... I hope..
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #28
Igorsgonemadd

Anyone.......
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #29
cletis

The springs should settle. I'd paint it the same schematic as now with the new red. Truck looks good!!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #30
Igorsgonemadd

Thanks, what about the leaf springs. There's a picture on page one of them, I just took my overload spring out when I did the flip and that's it. Should I have taken more out, or taken that thick one on bottom out? If I do take more out will it lower it more in back? I don't want it any lower in back right now, but if it will give me a better ride to take more out then I might do that.
Posted via Mobile Device