The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #26
Scottshotrods

Re: Manual rack (MS II type), who is using these?

The rack you want to use is a 88 t-bird power rack
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #27
Handfull 54

To Scotts Hot Rods, why is that the one to use over the 79-93 Mustang. Is it 16" center to center? I have a Fatman crossmember and I used V8 springs with one coil cut out. Now after 500 miles the bottom A frames are 2" above the rack. What springs should I use and should I get some 2" drop spindles also? I am not far from your shop and have talked to you before about other things. Perhaps you can give me some suggestions. Thanks
Handfull 54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #28
Scottshotrods

The power racks we have been useing for several years have been and will always be based on a 88 t-bird

1.Designed and will work with a gm pump no problem at all

2.Not as sensitive as the mustang power racks out there

3.Deisgned to work with a heavier car or truck

4.Now at this time the power racks we have are BRAND new not reman racks.
These just came available to us a little over two months.The best thing on these new racks they come with LIFETIME warrantty so you buy once and never again.
The price on these to buy are $389.00 and come with rack bushings and these have a lifetime warrantty to.You cannot go wrong at all.

5.The power racks at all the parts stores are not brand new at all.They are based off the mustang which had over 17 different power racks you can get at parts stores.

6.The mounting points on our power racks we use are 15 1/2 spread and they even come with the power rack fittings.This means no more messing up the threads at all.

7.The last thing if you are in Moorpark you are more than welcome to come on by and you can take a look at these power racks we have here in stock and you will be shocked on how they look compared to the others on the market.

Justin
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #29
paintman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottshotrods View Post
The power racks we have been useing for several years have been and will always be based on a 88 t-bird

1.Designed and will work with a gm pump no problem at all

2.Not as sensitive as the mustang power racks out there

3.Deisgned to work with a heavier car or truck

4.Now at this time the power racks we have are BRAND new not reman racks.
These just came available to us a little over two months.The best thing on these new racks they come with LIFETIME warrantty so you buy once and never again.
The price on these to buy are $389.00 and come with rack bushings and these have a lifetime warrantty to.You cannot go wrong at all.

5.The power racks at all the parts stores are not brand new at all.They are based off the mustang which had over 17 different power racks you can get at parts stores.

6.The mounting points on our power racks we use are 15 1/2 spread and they even come with the power rack fittings.This means no more messing up the threads at all.

7.The last thing if you are in Moorpark you are more than welcome to come on by and you can take a look at these power racks we have here in stock and you will be shocked on how they look compared to the others on the market.

Justin
Justin, How about posting a pick for this stupid guy out in NJ ( you know what I mean) of the new racks you have
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:34 AM   #30
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I have been wondering about the T-bird rack and was contemplating upgrading my 40 up to one since mine is leaking and junk.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote