The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: What made you

I really liked the new look in '67,which was also the year the Camaro came out. In some way they both had similarities in styling...modern and smooth compared to prior cars. Actually,the '67 Impala,too. I always liked old Chevy Trucks and when it came time to get my first truck when I was 18 in '73,I liked the '72s better than the new ones. I bought a like new '72 off the OK Used Car lot. As time went by I stuck with the 67-72s because I felt nothing newer had any advantage over them. They were the newest older truck I liked and practical for daily use...even on hiways. As time went by they proved to be amazingly durable and reliable,parts were available when needed,and repairs were easily performed. These trucks helped make my life what it is and that's why I love them. (And,they tried to tell me about my ex-wife,but I didn't listen)

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #27
Eddie H.

I was in high school when these trucks were new. My dad bought one, and we used it on the farm for many years. Dad passed away and I got the truck in 1985. I still have it. I let my son drive it in high school. It's like a member of the family.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #28
LEX

My dad had a '72 long bed when I was growing up. Orange, parchement interior, white top. He had a camper on at times and we would take trips to Mexico in it. Many wonderful memories. My uncle bought it from him yeeaars ago for $200 to use at his farm in Mexico. It's now just sitting in a barn rotting away. I've never been to the farm but this is what I was told. i haven't seen the truck since he sold it and my uncle still has the truck and farm. I wish I could get it, but Mexico is so bad right now.
LEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #29
Mr Chevorlet
Rusty Nuts

My dad had a nice 53 green chevy truck which i liked even at the age of seven in 1967. But then he said he was getting a new truck. And when he pulled up in the 1967 truck i was in love. It is the blue one which i still have today. And i am trying to finish the restoration on it. It was a 2 wheel drive and it will be a 4 wheel drive. And the green one is what i bought in 1979 it was a 1968. I had put power steering, AC, and power brakes on that one. Since then i have had 2 -72 blazers and a 69 truck. It seems like every time i restore one someone comes buy and offers me more money than i can turn down. But the blue one is here to stay. My wife and daughter has made that very clear.
Attached Images

Larry
Mr Chevrolet
My Build, The Marathon Truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=604414
Mr Chevorlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #30
missinfishin10
Amazed Member

My father had a Sweet 72 Cheyenne (Blue and White) while I was growing up in Central Florida. He was a talented woodworker and built a custom topper for it. It had padded seats against the front of the bed. The were very comfortable. We used to take trips to Charlotte, my sister and I road in the back the whole way. On the return trip Dad would fill the area under the seats with cheap Carolina Cigarettes. LOL.

I remember the sound of that drivers door closing in the evenings when he came home. Sounds just like mine today.

Oh the Memories...
Old 05-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #31
C10 - C90 Bill

I drove '64 to '66 style Chevy/GMC trucks (3) for a quarter of a century. Got to know the newer trucks by just being around them and having friends own them. I started buying them mostly because they were more available and in nicer condition and like them just as much. I still have some '64 to '66 restorables, but now own a '68 and 2 '72's.

Bill
C10 - C90 Bill is online now   Reply With Quote