The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #26
oneperfectrun

Re: Sharing A '70 Longhorn I Saw Today For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
Oh my gosh, it was like the early to mid 1990's when I was into bracket racing. I had a 71 bigblock chevelle that was red with black stripes and had a lot of fun doing that and when the fun ended [for me] so did the racing.
I know what you mean. I had a ball bracket racing. I had a little health trouble a few years ago that took a while to get over. I never really got back as into it after that. My brother has a Mean Street car that he heads up race at Holly Springs and surrounding tracks now. I sold my camaro and started building a later model camaro. Got the back half and cage in and then burned out and lost interest. Need to get back on it!
Posted via Mobile Device
oneperfectrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #27
SS Tim

Where exactly is this truck? The phone comes back as Pell City, AL.
Are there any members close to it?
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #28
oneperfectrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Tim View Post
Where exactly is this truck? The phone comes back as Pell City, AL.
Are there any members close to it?
I noticed that was a AL area code. The truck is located in West Point MS. The business it's parked at is D C Tire and Truck service. The owner of this shop would be able to answer any questions you have but he's not the owner of the truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #29
hugger6933

I had a friend I used to wrench for him on his car and I would leave mine at home sometimes and he would run with the dixie prostockers or the heartland prostockers, Mid southpros just about any of those big boys he had a laundry list of cars and trucks includinding a 10 inch tire s10 that ran 470's a load of others in the 485 range and some "slow ones"that ran 500's. He had a guy driving for him that not only had slapped the wall at holly springs but also ran out the back in into the "pit"[OMG] in his own car but that would have been enough to take that one off my list of tracks to visit, but we always had fun there,so did the fans you gotta love a track with a night club on it grounds[ if your into that sort of thing] but I'm not. The track a sikeston MO was fun they would spray it with VHT all the way to the finish line and one night while traveling we were parked and a guy came up to me in the pits parked kinda close, and started talking. HesaidI spent $30,000 on a motor and ran a 5.08, he looked down at the ground kicked the gravel and grunted and saidI spent$50,000 and ran a 5.08 shook his head and walked off
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #30
oneperfectrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
I had a friend I used to wrench for him on his car and I would leave mine at home sometimes and he would run with the dixie prostockers or the heartland prostockers, Mid southpros just about any of those big boys he had a laundry list of cars and trucks includinding a 10 inch tire s10 that ran 470's a load of others in the 485 range and some "slow ones"that ran 500's. He had a guy driving for him that not only had slapped the wall at holly springs but also ran out the back in into the "pit"[OMG] in his own car but that would have been enough to take that one off my list of tracks to visit, but we always had fun there,so did the fans you gotta love a track with a night club on it grounds[ if your into that sort of thing] but I'm not. The track a sikeston MO was fun they would spray it with VHT all the way to the finish line and one night while traveling we were parked and a guy came up to me in the pits parked kinda close, and started talking. HesaidI spent $30,000 on a motor and ran a 5.08, he looked down at the ground kicked the gravel and grunted and saidI spent$50,000 and ran a 5.08 shook his head and walked off
I sent you a pm Hugger.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2013, 02:23 AM   #31
SS Tim

Thanks for the location info.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #32
oneperfectrun

I went back thru the town where the truck was sitting and it's gone this morning. Someone here on the board buy it?
Posted via Mobile Device