The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: It's gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
Well Tim time $h!t or get off the pot, beside I could use some of the parts for my 67.
Well James,I'm trying really hard "NOT" to find any more,so I'm getting off the pot. Actually,I never went into the bathroom. Poopin' was his idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by derotoreut View Post
Tim, I live up near Buffalo, along with rsavage. Actually, we are only about 10-minutes apart. I'll also keep an eye out for it. Just curious... do you recall the town that he was from near Buffalo?
I'd be curious to know anything...thanks. He just said Buffalo. Honestly,the guy didn't seem too interested in much talk. Just grab 'n' go,which was fine with me. He got hung-up by a heavy downpour (thank God) and my buddy had shown up at the same time to head up to PA to see The World of Outlaws run at Willow Grove Raceway...a very historical track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
I know just how you feel K, how does one get so attached to something like an old truck. I have had sellers remorse about selling one that has rust holes you could throw a cat through. None the less I take pictures of it going out the driveway until its clear out of sight, I thought I was the only one that did that. Sorry for your loss.
Oh yeah,I love my trucks. I blew a few guys off in the times I tried selling before...and decided to just keep. They were flaky anyway and probably never would have come through. Heck,I sold a utility body off a truck once. I took the truck over to a local guy who builds/reconfigures used trucks to lift & load. I followed the buyer up the road and took several pictures if the bed on a trailer. I even fall in love with just a bed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chevorlet View Post
That looks like it was a very nice wrecker. Glad it found a good home.
I hope it stays as what it is,cuz it sure should. That's why I sold it. I need a li'l dumper more than a wrecker and considered converting. Considered a utility body and an NV4500 and run it for my work truck,too. But,it makes more sense to keep this whole and find another w/o a bed or,even better,one already set-up how I need it
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkends View Post
Congrats on your sale. I have towed alot of cars and trucks on a open trailer and if he towed your truck 10 hours with his truck and trailer I bet that was a ride. It is never good when what you are towing is bigger than your tow truck.. White knuckles and tight butt cheeks.........
The trip is 5 hrs each way,but still...I hear ya! I thought the same thing when I saw his little old Dodge in front of the beavertail. I bet he was feeling just that trailer down the road. White knuckle is right. Time for another story...

In '05 I went down to Florida in a rented '05 V6 1500 to bring a SWB frame back home I bought from a member here. Ok,they don't even want a scratch on the bed and towing is a no-no. Well,I'm not always a good boy and I had plan. Run to Atlanta for a GMC grille I bought,then on to Pensacola to get the rolling chassis (with my wheels & tires) and drop off the '72 Suburban hatch. I rented a U-Haul dolly down there,popped the plastic hitch hole cover off,install ball,and hook lights into the factory harness (they all have a trailer connector with a cap). Next I was heading up the west side of the Smokies to way SW Virginia to get a SWB floor and a couple bedsides I was planning to use all-thread to mount it with. I was rolling right along till I stopped for gas above Chatanooga. Pulling up to the pump the truck kinda stopped a little short on it's own. When I pulled out I saw that one wheel wanted to spin backwards (pinion nut musta been hand tight and...),so I pulled into the vacant stone lot next door. I had to pull out from the frame and get under it backwards. I scavenged blocks from a construction trailer to get the frame in the air. I had to used the ratchet straps I brought to anchor the front end straight. Dollies are meant to haul under the steer wheels!! Every time I'd have to turn (when getting off the hiway) it would throw the front end off and it would start fish-tailin' and I'd have to pull off and adjust the straps. I abandoned the (mountainous) SW VA leg of the trip and forfeited my deposit. The ride slowed significantly and I was looking behind as much as ahead. Then it got better. Apparently the front end was very toed-in so going backwards the tires were scrubbing big time (toed-out). A couple hours from home I saw they were bald on one the insides (were about new),so I could only hope they would make it home before you could see the air in them. I made it,but talk about a white knuckle run!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-13-2013 at 10:41 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #27
dads longhorn

Well, you have it good home, cried when it left, (i loved the pics as it was going off into the sunset until you could see it no more thru the trees. ) But you know it went to another good home, and that's important. Sorry, and yet, congratulations. Cash in the pocket, open space on the lot, and maaaaybe, a new dream for another truck!!
Posted via Mobile Device
dads longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #28
slomotion
Old Duffer

I know what you're feeling. I've felt awful a couple of times when someone else was driving my car/truck down the road. I've thought recently of selling the dually, then procrastinate enough to let the fever pass. Last week I went through the whole thing on Ebay, and did everything but hit the send button. The truck is still here. I wonder if I just seal it up in someone's barn for a year if that would help decide. One of the good things about your sale is, you won't see the wrecker running around town all the time. I'd rather have mine go far away so I wouldn't see it again.
Congrats on your sale......looks like you have a nice "picking" field!

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #29
special-K
Special Order

Yeah,I feel fine about it. I think the hard part was between when the deal got started and when it got picked up. I am glad it's gone far,too. A fellow member had the sweetest '68 SWB with the nicest custom touches. I knew he wanted to sell it a couple years ago and had I been in a position I could have had first dibs. This spring he made his move and brought it to the local swap meet. I didn't go,but by the description of others I knew he had it there. A month or so ago I went to the local Cruise-in and there it was with the new owner entertaining a crowd of gawkers. It made me sick. First I felt bad that Allan head let it go. Next,that I didn't get it when I had the chance. And finally,that this guy was standing by it taking all the credit for his turn-key purchase,which is moist of the cars at this cruise-in. I love the cars,but I have a real hard time going because of the type of people who have invaded the old car world and,worse,my little country town. I'm just grateful I'm 6 miles out and my little valley is still the same. Gotta go in for food,though...heh heh.
I sold my Highlander K/20 to a friend who lives about 45 minutes north. I'm glad he bought that and I get to see it. I even got to drive it a few days in the year after I sold it. He's had it torn down for restoration since '10,so haven't seen it for a while. When he ever gets it done I'll love seeing it...and purdy sure he'll let me drive it some
I really want to stick with the '67 SWB (project/toy),'72 K2500 (toy/back-up work truck),'85 Jimmy (3 season driver/work vehicle),and '92 K3500 (work truck/driver) till I get the '67 done and some things the way I want on the '72. And,till I have a nice building for all of my stuff. I'm thinking anything beyond that (other than work truck) will be older.

Alan's truck at the cruise-in:
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 08-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #30
special-K
Special Order

The wrecker at Carlisle in '08 and the Highlander:
Attached Images

Tim

Old 08-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #31
special-K
Special Order

Many of the parts I have sold hurt to sell as much as the wrecker. I used to want it all...and then some. I'm working on the less is best thing now. Very difficult w/o professional help

Here's the Highlander "after" I sold it:
Attached Images

Tim

Old 08-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #32
slomotion
Old Duffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
........ I'm working on the less is best thing now. Very difficult w/o professional help
I know exactly where you are....I'm at the same intersection!

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #33
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomotion View Post
I know exactly where you are....I'm at the same intersection!
X3 I'm doing the same thing....although I keep talking myself into keeping my tow truck for some reason......

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #34
Mayo
Cool Truck

I never get tired of seeing your old Highlander Tim, that's a very nice looking truck. I have seen your buddy Alan's truck at a few different shows and I saw it on craigslist earlier this year too. I talked to the guy who bought it back in the spring and he told me a little bit about it, its a nice little truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Looking for a patina'd 68 50th Anniversary longbed
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #35
special-K
Special Order

That truck Alan had is very nice. You can't even see the pale silver ghost flames in the picture. The dash pad & arm rests are laminated multi-wood that's shaped exactly like the original pieces. It's got a 700r4 with a Lokar shifter.

My old Highlander will have some N.O.S. goodies I supplied him in/on it. I'll be sure to show pictures once it's done.

Tim

Old 08-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #36
2002yanks

i think i found it.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/3968208469.html
Old 08-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #37
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

What did he do with the boom?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #38
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
X3 I'm doing the same thing....although I keep talking myself into keeping my tow truck for some reason......
I'd keep it,too. I only sold mine due to many changes occurring and some that still need to happen. Time to push the reset button for me,till I get into a pace better suited for what I do. It just took 25+ years to realize it . This is my starter home,but I didn't have a wife who cooperated with my future planning and I'm still here with no good location for a decent shop or storage area. Depending on when I manage to re-situate I'll either build back a stash back up or not,though likely not
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002yanks View Post
i think i found it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
What did he do with the boom?
Posted via Mobile Device
There she is,from Buffalo Rd. to Buffalo,NY. More power to him. I think he's hurting himself removing the boom and no mention of it still being with the truck. I don't get some people. Just like the guy I bought it from. He had the boom removed and plans for a Western Hauler type rig...which is cool. But,to just pull the boom to let it sit and do nothing else just screams to me these are car-converts and not true truck lovers. Trucks come in many configurations,not just sleek pickups. The guy before me couldn't handle
"those huge mirrors" and removed them to put smaller junk K-mart mirrors on. The result was a damaged door from holding it open to look back while backing up! Huh,makes you think maybe he needed better mirrors,ya think?...DUH. That wrecker body (with no rust) is the best looking design I've ever seen,with it's straight back low-profile and GM accessory bed rails. Tow trucks are totally cool,ya fool!

Well,if anyone up that way is interested in the truck,I can give an honest report on it

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 08-15-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #39
Mayo
Cool Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That truck Alan had is very nice. You can't even see the pale silver ghost flames in the picture. The dash pad & arm rests are laminated multi-wood that's shaped exactly like the original pieces. It's got a 700r4 with a Lokar shifter.

My old Highlander will have some N.O.S. goodies I supplied him in/on it. I'll be sure to show pictures once it's done.
Yeah it took me a couple of times of seeing the truck to notice the flames, they are a very nice truck. I believe I posted a picture of it in the car show thread in the Maryland section.

*edit*

I have a couple of pics of Alan's truck in this thread post #24 and one in #25

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=568938

Looking for a patina'd 68 50th Anniversary longbed

Last edited by Mayo; 08-15-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #40
special-K
Special Order

Thanks for posting those. I guess I haven't looked at that thread for a while. There sure are some nice cars/tricks right here in the Land of Mary.

Tim