The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #26
CC Rider

Re: Most Valuable 67-72 Trucks

Personally I find value in how the truck is going to used. I prefer 4x4 long box with auto trans. Mine had trim and air. I have a buddy seat to put in it and that seat is more comfortable. The 2wd short box (454 BB) is of coarse funner to drive. Working on getting tach dash put in too.
Attached Images

CC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #27
Lees68GMC

You know it's a Weird Thing, but I have always tried to check Production Numbers for Years and Models to get a basic Feel for what might be some of the rarity based Value Factors. These particular GM 67-72 Trucks are Harder because of the lack of Official Records, some Claims that GM Records were destroyed by a Big Fire at the GM Records Facility back then.

I would Really Welcome any credible Resources that someone in here might be able to point me toward!

I have had the opportunity to buy quite a few of these Trucks and regionally (Arizona) I've only come across a few GMCs versus maybe 20-1 Chevys, even fewer SWBs.

I would be Great to actually Know, rather than to simply guess, based on WAG and decades of personal regional observations, eh?

Just Thinking
"No matter what happens, nobody gets out alive"
Lees68GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #28
special-K
Special Order

It would be great to know the facts on GMC production. I don't think there is a source,at least not one found...yet. The best guess is about 20% were GMC. I base that on talk and observation through the years (since these were in production),conversations with plant employees,hauler drivers,dealership sales/service guys,reps,etc

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #29
Lou Boffa

also, it would be cool to figure how mileage affects price. How much is an undriven mile worth. I know it cant be that simple as so many other factors are involved, but we all know mileage matters--but how much? Is a 1000 miles on a decent, "normal" original truck worth a $50, $100 ??? added to the price.....something like that.