The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-17-2015, 03:00 PM   #26
Grin

Re: Found this heap ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM/10 View Post
Yeah if you have family out in AZ that would be the way to go. Get a truck with a nice body & frame and you would be so much better off. Even if mechanically it was shot, rust repair usually goes far beyond what is visible !

There's a guy on the old rte 3 in Merrimack by the old Zeilers ( I think that's what it was called ) that had a couple of these trucks in his yard, one was gold coloered LWB that was very solid. Have you seen those ?

Gary
Gary, I think you mean Zyla's? I used to shop there for penny lures as a kid! I will go by there this weekend and report back what I find.
Grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #27
Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMERDOC View Post
Meh, I'm kind of an advocate for the ugly ducklings. Sure its rotten in a few spots but getting them driveable again is rewarding. If it were me I'd concentrate on getting it road worthy and safe. Keeping them on the road is whats important. In my mind that's better than letting it rot more and eventually going to scrap. The cab is usually where you'll consider writing one off. All the other body parts are easily replaced. I'd only have second thoughts if it was rusted out over the visors. Discount places like RockAuto are a big help in getting affordable parts. It doesn't have to be a show winner to be a great truck.
Nick I was wondering about parts, glad you mention which ones are easy and whats the "deal breaker".
Old 11-17-2015, 07:08 PM   #28
CUSTOM/10

Zyla's , Yes that's it ! I believe the house was just past Zyla's headed north on the same side of the road, he use to have 3-4 67-72's in the yard, but it's been a bit since I've been over that way.

LMK what you find !

Gary

My 72 SWB Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=259859
CUSTOM/10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:15 AM   #29
Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM/10 View Post
Zyla's , Yes that's it ! I believe the house was just past Zyla's headed north on the same side of the road, he use to have 3-4 67-72's in the yard, but it's been a bit since I've been over that way.

LMK what you find !

Gary
Will do! As a matter of fact, I'll tap your knowledge- and others on the site before I pull any triggers. I'll let you know homie