The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2016, 09:00 PM   #26
Gmc.guy

Re: My new truck.. 1972 C-20

I don't think driving around the beach would do it. I meant hours of gravel roads with a dust trail behind you. Maybe kids at the beach threw a handful in
Old 04-27-2016, 12:38 AM   #27
El Dorado Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmc.guy View Post
I don't think driving around the beach would do it. I meant hours of gravel roads with a dust trail behind you. Maybe kids at the beach threw a handful in
I think someone had to have put sand in there, that is an old trick when you didn't like someone.....Nice truck and welcome to the forum...I wish my wife woud go along with me buying another truck with a utility body, would be handy for my welder and all my tools, I have a utility body trailer now but would love to have another truck.....not going to happen, have tooo many trucks now
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:57 PM   #28
In The Ten Ring

I would most definitely get that sand out of everything. I'd clean out the tank, replace all the lines, new fuel pump, and have the carb cleaned.

You may have already done all that.

Did I spy a class fuel filter? If so, those aren't well liked on this forum! Fire hazard so I read.

Great looking truck: the more I think about it the more I want a utility bed. I just carry so many tools around and for me, trucks are for working. I don't want to lose bed space so I may have to find a truck with those shallow boxes that replaced the stepside fenders.

You take care of that family now brother!
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #29
68Gold/white

Beware of those glass fuel filters. They look like they'd do the job, but they only catch the big rocks that are in the tank. The clear plastic drug store filters are a potential fire waiting to happen. Get a metal filter, Wix 33032 for 5/16 line or 33033 for 3/8 line. Just trying to be helpful...
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #30
Pipesmatt

Wow, good to know.. yeah its a glass one, i have it connected under my passenger side door, and i have a plastic one before my fuel filter... shes running great now and the filters are staying clean. Thanks alot guys! Appreciate the advice! Definitely will get the metal ones, i just like being able to see the gunk (if any)..
Pipesmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:08 PM   #31
Pipesmatt

Ok so i caught a little rust, but no more sand!
Attached Images

Pipesmatt is offline   Reply With Quote