The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2018, 05:02 PM   #26
Andyking1203

Re: Chip Foose "C/28" creation at SEMA

Not a fan of white, but I like this!!
Andyking1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:17 PM   #27
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I would have called it the Z/10. I guess that one is still left for the one I build

I have seen original bumpers cut down like that. Looks pretty cool on a truck with pans.

Did Z/28s have solid lifters? If so, I don't think A/C was available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBucket View Post
Don't think Chevy put A/C on any of their solid lifter HiPerf. engines, small or B.B., I heard that was because they'd flip the long A/C belts off.
JMO...... I like the bumpers & interior.
I looked pretty hard but didn't see a 3.73 or 4.11 posi rear on the SPID.
I know he's in the wheel business but I think I'd like the truck better with a wheel that looked more like a Chevy car rally wheel, maybe 18". Think I'm glad it didn't get the optional Z28 paint stripes.
Maybe with the publicity this lil' 302 will find it's way home to the Z28 it came in. Kinda like a lost dog returns home after many years happy ending story. A 434 Shafiroff SBC could be dressed to look the same in the truck but be more fun. Again, JMO, everybody's got one. I admire his skills.
To both, I will say that I've never seen AC in a solid lifter Chevy, but I'm willing to be educated. Then again, I've raced the snot out of a few hydraulic lifter Chevies and thrown fan belts. I had a '64 Malibu with a Powerglide that I could run to 80 MPH in low, and then have to go put the belts back on. Only once or twice, and it's new belts! They would get a little chewed. I also had a '64 Impala convertible with the SHP 327 with only an alternator (not even power steering), and I could wind that thing until the alternator belt would blow off.

Great story about that- one time I was out with my new wife, just out for a ride, with the top down. It would have been in '82. We lived in the San Fernando Valley at the time. I drove out to Palmdale and took Ave D, which turns into Hwy 138 going towards the 5 Fwy. So, I decide to open it up, and at some point the alternator belt blows off...it did that sometimes if I wound it over 6k RPM...but we're driving through a swarm of locusts now, so I can't stop and roll the belt back on. So, I run it up to about 100 MPH, shut it off and coast, right up until the bugs would get in the office if I went any slower, then start it up and run it up to 100 MPH again. The fan would spin and run the water pump to cool the engine off when it was shut off, so I wasn't worried about smoking the engine. Rinse and repeat, I did this for miles. The wife was freaking out because there were locusts all over the windshield making nice splat noises like big fat raindrops. One is stuck under the passenger's side wiper blade, and my wife can see its eyes. It's looking at her, and attempting to get off the wiper arm. She's screaming about that, and every time when the bugs are about to land inside. Good times! By the time we were close to the 5 Fwy the swarm was gone, and I went out and spun the belt back on by hand.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:31 PM   #28
toms68cst

Looks like a vintage "Rydell - Grand Forks" (ie North Dakota) dealer emblem on the back.

TREASURER, Drum Brake Club.
toms68cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:14 AM   #29
darrellyates

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
Wrong font, just pay the price to get CHIPFLYER to print one. Have him add an item like ** CUSTOM SPID if you don't want a future seller misrepresenting things!

You're so deep in your truck and it's so close to perfect, why economize on the SPID? Just my thought!
I actually talked to him about that... He said not to do it. If you're making one up, why worry about the font was what he said....

I just did it on the computer, and used typewriter font.
darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:09 PM   #30
chewychevy67

He said the same thing to me as well for my build. Being that mines a 67 gm and most did not have one I am leaving mine out.
chewychevy67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:23 PM   #31
special-K
Special Order

Funny story Steevo. I've got quite a few stories about thrown belts/cutting it on and off to get somewhere/wife freaking out. Z/28 pulleys help... with the belt thing

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote