The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2015, 01:53 PM   #51
Eyegore
What Hump?

Re: Coffee clotch time: If you were a newb on the site (part 2)

I would like to see that when quoting someone it does not save the same picture over and over.
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:55 PM   #52
ddr11

Well finally I've been a member on this site for a bout 18 months and until BoatPuller said something I had never even seen the "Search" button, I have tried several times typing my search in the area that sez WEB or 67-72 trucks only to be redirected to some web site.Thanks BoatPuller for making me open my eyes and LOOK. I know I have asked questions on here before that have prolly been answered many times. So I am GUILTY as charged...but now I know
ddr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:23 PM   #53
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

ttt
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:40 AM   #54
Bigstevex4

As some one that's searched for parts at work some thing that maybe some don't use is google images. looking for what ever see it in picture check out that site.,
Bigstevex4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:11 AM   #55
tucsonjwt

I would like to see categories for search.

"How to ..." with step by step instructions and pictures. These already exist on the site but it is difficult to find them. An index in a separate category, even with links to other sites who have good instructional videos (youtube, etc.) would save a lot of time. Examples. How to replace a power window motor, how to remove and replace a dash, how to remove a bed, etc. I think forum members who have these instructions would be willing to populate the "how to" section, using what they already posted previously.

"Where to buy ..." the hard to find parts we need. Also, vendors who sell old square unique parts, site participant vendors highlighted, and OEM vendors online. Categorize this by part type, e.g. drive train, interior, body, chassis, etc. Include tips on best prices and quality for particular parts based on forum member experiences, as well as overall buyer experience with sellers. Add this feature to the "parts for sale" section so you can find parts easier by category. Also, allow forum members to post "want to buy" in a separate category, so those selling can connect with buyers more easily.
tucsonjwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #56
boatpuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr11 View Post
Well finally I've been a member on this site for a bout 18 months and until BoatPuller said something I had never even seen the "Search" button, I have tried several times typing my search in the area that sez WEB or 67-72 trucks only to be redirected to some web site.Thanks BoatPuller for making me open my eyes and LOOK. I know I have asked questions on here before that have prolly been answered many times. So I am GUILTY as charged...but now I know
No problem glad to help . Nothing wrong with new member's asking questions that's what forum's are for.
I may have not clearly stated my point about search use it should have been more geared toward redundant info in sticky form.
I personally have learned alot searching thru old threads and what was suggested as a fix at that time.
I don't agree with those that say it's useless. It's a history of this forum and many knowledgable members don't post much anymore or have moved on.
The search isn't real user friendly. But. it sounds like the gatekeepers are working the issue.

Hey.... I see your from Sumpter S.C that was the town that those superbirds featured on Graveyard Cars last week came from.....right ?

Last edited by boatpuller; 01-24-2015 at 12:44 PM.
boatpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 01:06 PM   #57
boatpuller

I think everyone agree's on the "use the search" guy not being very popular. At least we don't have the grammer / sentence structure guy's that I have seen on other forum's
. I belong to a forum that must have a few retired english teacher's that do nothing but critique peoples post's.
They eventually got flamed pretty good and stopped it.