The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #51
shifty
Questionable

Re: Strong Arms (tubular) vs. Stock A arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Those are just the uppers, you'd need the lowers too.

I was told to avoid the DJM tubular arms them by three diff't people I generally tend to trust. I was thinking about buying them b/c a truck shop locally has them, and it was about $120 less (for both uppers and both lowers) than Air Ride's arms, and $150 less than all four CPP arms.

When it came down to it, I decided the additional coin was worth the name, quality, and reputation of the ART arms, so that's what I've decided to go with.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:48 AM   #52
baggedcten
86 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguemoe View Post
They are Mercedes hinges (very strong-no side movement).
what model mercedes?????????
baggedcten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:48 AM   #53
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
PS - I mentioned these same DJM brand arms back on page 1: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...8&postcount=18

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #54
Couch
Daily Driver

i can do just the uppers now though right. until i can afford the lowers.

nitrous...the equal opportunity destroyer.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #55
shifty
Questionable

I guess the thing to find out would be whether or not the DJM control arms do any correction, and find out what balljoints they take/use.

I've heard stories of aftermarket/custom tubular arms using non-standard/custom balljoints which make things a real pain in the ass, and heard of problems it has caused with spindles, etc.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:55 AM   #56
jwcardy

if i dont stick with the stock, i will be going with the ART arms...
-wes
jwcardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:20 AM   #57
shifty
Questionable

Thumbs up Re: Strong Arms (tubular) vs. Stock A arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaird View Post
Shifty, go to www.stylintrucks.com and sign up for their email newsletter. They frequently have 10-15% off specials and free shipping deals. I once had them down to $400 for the airride lowers
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUGGESTION! You friggin rock!

I haven't shopped with them since 2004 when they were "Stylin concepts". I had a really bad experience last time, so I came prepared with that and a 20% off coupon code (EXTRA20)

I couldn't get the coupon to work at the website, so I called them on the phone and talked to an operator, who sounded pretty hot btw She said the code went right through for her. Cha-ching

$710 total (incl. tax + ship) for both uppers and lowers! Very cool! This saved me ~$200!!

(Part # for 73-78 arms is LUCA11802)

Last edited by shifty; 03-08-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:10 AM   #58
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
I called them on the phone and talked to an operator, who sounded pretty hot btw
They always do

XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:08 AM   #59
SCOTI

Hhmmm . . .... Does anyone find it odd the he has a pic like that w/the screen name 'XXL' . . . ....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:12 AM   #60
Shane
Account Suspended

I don't find it odd at all ...
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:24 AM   #61
jlaird

Quote:
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUGGESTION! You friggin rock!

I haven't shopped with them since 2004 when they were "Stylin concepts". I had a really bad experience last time, so I came prepared with that and a 20% off coupon code (EXTRA20)

I couldn't get the coupon to work at the website, so I called them on the phone and talked to an operator, who sounded pretty hot btw She said the code went right through for her. Cha-ching

$710 total (incl. tax + ship) for both uppers and lowers! Very cool! This saved me ~$200!!

(Part # for 73-78 arms is LUCA11802)
I'm glad I could help. You gotta hellava deal!
jlaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #62
Custom 68

Quote:
Those are just the uppers, you'd need the lowers too.

I was told to avoid the DJM tubular arms them by three diff't people I generally tend to trust. I was thinking about buying them b/c a truck shop locally has them, and it was about $120 less (for both uppers and both lowers) than Air Ride's arms, and $150 less than all four CPP arms.

When it came down to it, I decided the additional coin was worth the name, quality, and reputation of the ART arms, so that's what I've decided to go with.
So you decided to get the DJM anyway?
I was thinking like said before to get the uppers only if I can get some "performance" from them. Min is not extreme as I have only dropped mine 2.5 inches with the spindles only. I may not see much if any improvement in handeling? For that price I guess you also got the ball joints? Let us know how they work out for you. I keep thinking on doing this...
Thanks
Dave
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:19 PM   #63
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom 68 View Post
So you decided to get the DJM anyway?
Hell no! I went with the AirRide StrongArms. With the 20% off coupon, the cost was $639. Shipping was around $67 + $4 insurance.

Quote:
I was thinking like said before to get the uppers only if I can get some "performance" from them.
You're not going to gain much (if any) performance from changing your control arms. They're just good for looks, and some brands/models are engineered to fix certain alignment problems in the case of extreme drops, but I don't know that DJM is one of those brands/models, and either way, you'd probably need to use both lowers and uppers to get that desired alignment fix.(someone is bound to argue with me on that, though).

Quote:
For that price I guess you also got the ball joints? Let us know how they work out for you. I keep thinking on doing
Yes, they come with balljoints from what I understand, and new bushings, possibly cross-shafts as well. I don't know what other parts/brackets they come with, upper shock relocator/reinforcers....you'd need to ask some other guys around here about that.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:25 PM   #64
Custom 68

Thanks for the clarification, I did not see the strong arms listed on the website you linked to? Did you get them from stylintrucks? I will do some more digging...
Thanks again
Dave
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Old 03-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #65
shifty
Questionable

Look four or five posts up. The part number is at the end of my post, and there is a link to www.stylintrucks.com in the quoted text from jlaird (in that same post)

NOTE: That is the part number for 73-87 arms! I am using '77 brake spindles, so I needed the 73-87 balljoints, which means I needed the 73-87 strongarms, which is what I ordered

Unless you're running 73-87 brake spindles, you may need to order something else

Last edited by shifty; 03-08-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #66
Custom 68

ok I found them on the site.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:44 AM   #67
shifty
Questionable

The coupon wouldn't work for me at the website (free shipping would, but not the 20% off). I had to call to place the order.,