The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-23-2015, 10:29 PM   #51
Clatterville trolley

Re: 2 Original 69-72 front fenders with dark gold patina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70/JJ View Post
Jay hope you are doing good. Do you have the tracking number for the fender you sent me by grayhound? Thanks jj
JJ - I had the number and I know I didn't throw it away, but right now I'm not exactly sure where it is. So much has been going on with my parents that I forgot to send the number to you like I promised.
I have to leave early tomorrow morning for Indianapolis for a good friend's funeral and by the time I get back and straightened out it will be Monday before I can take the time to search for it.
I thought sure that your fender would have arrived by now, but the fellow warned me that it might take a while - I guess he wasn't putting me on.

Really sorry to drag this out. I will search for the number as soon as I can. Jay
Clatterville trolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:45 PM   #52
70/JJ

Jay no worries maybe it will show up in the next day or so. Sorry to hear about your friend. Have a safe trip and the best to you and yours.
70/JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #53
Clatterville trolley

I hope so. But I will still look for the number if it hasn't arrived by this coming Monday.

Thanks for your understanding and patience - life has been like a 'soap opera' lately. Jay
Old 07-31-2015, 10:18 AM   #54
Clatterville trolley

70/JJ - I have looked everywhere for the tracking number / receipt for shipping the fender and can't find it. Has it ever arrived?
Have you tried calling the bus station in Raliegh to see if somehow they couldn't read your phone number to call you when it was in or maybe just overlooked it and didn't call you??
Please keep me posted on what you find out. Thanks, Jay Self
Old 07-31-2015, 10:32 AM   #55
70/JJ

Hey Jay no it has not. I was going to hit u up today and see if u had found it. Be nice to know what is going on. Maybe gray hound could look it up for u. Let me know. JJ
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2015, 11:41 AM   #56
Clatterville trolley

Quote:
Hey Jay no it has not. I was going to hit u up today and see if u had found it. Be nice to know what is going on. Maybe gray hound could look it up for u. Let me know. JJ
Posted via Mobile Device
I will try to see if I can track it from this end - again, I am really sorry. Jay
Old 07-31-2015, 12:45 PM   #57
Clatterville trolley

70/JJ - I have good news and bad news.

I found the fender (good news) it is still at the place I shipped it! (bad news).

They did get me the tracking number #A1084154B (good news) Every bus for the last three weeks has come in to their location fully loaded with passengers, etc. and the passengers take priority over packages being shipped. (bad news)

Person I talked to indicated that the tracking number wouldn't become active where you could check online for it until after it actually ships.

I don't know what to do - we have already paid the shipping, so maybe it becomes a waiting game??

Sorry I don't have better news to share, but at least we do know now what is going on.

Jay
Old 07-31-2015, 03:23 PM   #58
stacerbob
BODY SHOP SUPPLIES INC.

Is the trim on the 1st page for $20 still available?
stacerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:59 PM   #59
70/JJ

Jay sounds like a lot of people like to ride the bus. Hopefully it will be on the way before to much longer. I'll keep in touch and let you know what I know. JJ
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2015, 09:24 PM   #60
Clatterville trolley

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerbob View Post
Is the trim on the 1st page for $20 still available?
Stacerbob - the trim is still available and the price is still good too. Let me know if you want it. Jay

PS- one thing for sure is I won't send it Greyhound
Old 07-31-2015, 09:26 PM   #61
Clatterville trolley

Quote:
Jay sounds like a lot of people like to ride the bus. Hopefully it will be on the way before to much longer. I'll keep in touch and let you know what I know. JJ
Posted via Mobile Device
JJ - They told me that summer time is like that - very high ridership. Moral of the story is to ship by Greyhound in the winter only. Jay
Old 08-09-2015, 09:01 PM   #62
70/JJ

Jay hey don't mean to be a pain. But can u check on my fender? Not so sure about this gray hound thing. I tried the tracking number you gave me and it doesn't work. I know you said that it has to start the shipping process before it works. But it's really hard to believe that it hasn't made it on a bus yet. Let me know what you can find out. I'm getting really close to needing the fender. Thanks JJ
Old 08-09-2015, 10:42 PM   #63
Clatterville trolley

Quote:
Jay hey don't mean to be a pain. But can u check on my fender? Not so sure about this gray hound thing. I tried the tracking number you gave me and it doesn't work. I know you said that it has to start the shipping process before it works. But it's really hard to believe that it hasn't made it on a bus yet. Let me know what you can find out. I'm getting really close to needing the fender. Thanks JJ

JJ - You aren't being a pain. I can't understand why they haven't sent it either. I will check into whether we can get a refund and send it another way. I will call them tomorrow and let you know what I find out. Jay
Old 08-10-2015, 05:19 PM   #64
Clatterville trolley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clatterville trolley View Post
JJ - You aren't being a pain. I can't understand why they haven't sent it either. I will check into whether we can get a refund and send it another way. I will call them tomorrow and let you know what I find out. Jay
JJ - I just got off the phone with the local Greyhound station and Customer service for Greyhound. Local station told me that they no longer had the fender and that it had been shipped - however, they couldn't tell me when. I called the 800 customer service number and the lady told me that the A1084154B wasn't a tracking number that it should be another type of number. I explained all the problems we have had trying to get this shipped and she said without the correct tracking number she couldn't track it through the computer system, but that she would get the 'tracking department' on the search for it and tell them the story behind why we couldn't track it by computer. I gave the lady your phone number and my phone number so you may get a call about it.
I told her I wasn't very impressed with their "so called" service at my local branch, but she was very nice and also very helpful - so I guess that there are competent people there. We'll see if they can find it for us. Jay
Old 08-10-2015, 08:51 PM   #65
70/JJ

Jay thanks a lot for all your help. Hopefully they can find it or better yet it will show up in the next day or so. I'll let you know if I here anything? Thanks JJ
Old 08-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #66
Clatterville trolley

Quote:
Jay thanks a lot for all your help. Hopefully they can find it or better yet it will show up in the next day or so. I'll let you know if I here anything? Thanks JJ

I am thrilled that it actually made it onto a bus! I honestly called the terminal today to say I was coming to get it and the money back so that I could ship it another way. When I did they said it had already gone out - when asked when, girl said, "I don't know, I just got back off of vacation."

Jay
Old 08-10-2015, 10:19 PM   #67
70/JJ

Jay. Maybe the girl that just got back from vacation was riding the bus and my fender took her place. Lol well hopefully it will be here in a few days. Maybe the other people will have some luck and get us a tracking number and we can follow it.
Anyway was wondering if you my have a few other parts I'm looking for.
A posi unit for 3.42 gears for a 12 bolt truck rear.
I need the plastic piece that covers the heater core and is the housing for the blower fan. This is the piece under the hood.
Thanks JJ
Old 08-10-2015, 10:23 PM   #68
Clatterville trolley

Quote:
Jay. Maybe the girl that just got back from vacation was riding the bus and my fender took her place. Lol well hopefully it will be here in a few days. Maybe the other people will have some luck and get us a tracking number and we can follow it.
Anyway was wondering if you my have a few other parts I'm looking for.
A posi unit for 3.42 gears for a 12 bolt truck rear.
I need the plastic piece that covers the heater core and is the housing for the blower fan. This is the piece under the hood.
Thanks JJ

JJ - don't think I can help you on the posi unit, but on the piece that covers the heater core - is it an A/C truck cab or non A/C cab? Jay
Old 08-10-2015, 10:28 PM   #69
70/JJ

Jay it's a non a/c cab
Old 08-10-2015, 10:43 PM   #70
Clatterville trolley

Quote:
Jay it's a non a/c cab

JJ - the one I have is in a parts truck and it is an A/C cab - so different. Jay
Old 08-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #71
Clatterville trolley

JJ - Have you heard anything on the "wandering fender"? Did Greyhound folks ever call you at all? Jay
Old 08-14-2015, 09:08 PM   #72
70/JJ

Jay, No I haven't anything was thinking about it yesterday. I don't have any idea. To be honesty don't know if I'll ever see it. It's in Grayhound outer space somewhere. JJ

Quote:
JJ - Have you heard anything on the "wandering fender"? Did Greyhound folks ever call you at all? Jay
Old 08-18-2015, 09:09 AM   #73
Clatterville trolley

Quote:
Jay, No I haven't anything was thinking about it yesterday. I don't have any idea. To be honesty don't know if I'll ever see it. It's in Grayhound outer space somewhere. JJ

JJ - I am going to call the local Greyhound station and try again to get more information from them re: fender sent to you. If I can't get anywhere with them, I'm going to call the 800 number again for customer service. Wish me luck. Jay
Old 08-20-2015, 04:54 PM   #74
Clatterville trolley

Quote:
JJ - I am going to call the local Greyhound station and try again to get more information from them re: fender sent to you. If I can't get anywhere with them, I'm going to call the 800 number again for customer service. Wish me luck. Jay

JJ - The more I find out the more sorry I am that I shipped your fender with Greyhound. I called the local station where I sent it out of and talked to them about the situation once again.
I was told that "On about July 22 Greyhound (Corporate) either changed owners and / or management" and since then they haven't even been able to know when to tell customers buses will arrive or depart! Also said that they have people waiting for things shipped out of California two months ago that haven't shown up yet. Greyhound was supposed to send a bus just to take package express items with no passengers on board, but that never materialized either.
The number I gave you is correct for tracking according to the person from Columbia - he said the problem is that because they are a small station the larger stations (hubs?) are supposed to put the number into the computer system when it reaches them. However, he has found out that most times the larger stations don't do that at all, which makes it nearly impossible to track down where a package is in the system.
He gave me some phone numbers that aren't usually available to the public so that I might be able to get some results - but I am not going to hold my breath.
The saga continues! Jay
Old 08-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #75
70/JJ

Jay thanks for the up date. I think I'm going to try and find me another fender. And if this one ever shows up I'll just put it out for sale or save it for my next project. I'm getting to the point now that I need the fender. Got my core support painted and changed out. So back together we go. So if you happen to see one or know somebody that has one let know. JJ