The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #51
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Don't Ruin The Value Of Classic Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan42 View Post
The "milions" quote is a little misleading; if you count only the shortbed fleet and steps, there were less than 500,000 made. Some of the 4WD models had runs of 1,000 vehicles or less. (Source - Chevrolet Pickups,1946-1972, John Gunnell). So there are a few fairly rare trucks out there. But if I were buying vehicles to make money, I would not have bought my trucks.
I couldn't believe it, so I went in and added it up myself... I got about 506,000 There were "millions made", but it's spread out over longbeds (all 3/4 tons were longbed, that doesn't "help"), suburbans, blazers, 1 tons, panels. I knew longbeds trumped the shortbeds in sales, I just never realized how badly.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a.../t-104816.html

These numbers don't include GMC, their production numbers were lost in a fire.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #52
19seventeeCustom

The way I see it, you never buy a vehicle to make a profit off of. If you end up with something that turns out to be worth a substantial amount of money later on down the road then thats great,, consider yourself lucky.

The classic vehicle market has taken a hit in all areas, not just our trucks. Although I believe that it will soon turn around who really knows?? I do believe that when I go to sell the ole truck I can get back out of it what I paid for it, because I bought it at what I think was close to the bottom of the market, but I certainly dont expect it to be worth much more than what I gave.

Try being one the those guys that gave 80k+ for a new at the time z06. lol Now that same car has trouble fetching 40k.. how about that? 3 Years and you've lost 50% of the value($40k in this case). not including maintaince cost, insurance, gas, interest paid on loan etc. I dont know about you,, but thats hard for me to swallow!!!

Drive the car or truck of your choice dont worry about values until your ready to sell it,, because no matter how much you worry about falling prices, theres not a thing that can be done about it. You only get one go around on this earth, dont worry yourself to death over classic truck prices lol

Not sure myself that prices are dirt cheap for rust free examples, while they certainly have dropped they still bring coin.
19seventeeCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #53
67deluxpanel

It personally doesn’t matter how much these trucks sell for I have mine and in my eyes it's priceless. because people sell them at a low prices make them easier to work on.

68 lwb traded
67 panel laid to rest
67 soon to be swb torn down in the garage
72 el camino SS waiting
03 EVO VIII daily driver
67deluxpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #54
leddzepp

If you want to try and "make" money or at least not lose as much, build or buy a SWB fleetside. Beyond that, do whatever makes you happy.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #55
72lb4x4
Account Suspended

Talking Re: Don't Ruin The Value Of Classic Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan42 View Post
The "milions" quote is a little misleading; if you count only the shortbed fleet and steps, there were less than 500,000 made. Some of the 4WD models had runs of 1,000 vehicles or less. (Source - Chevrolet Pickups,1946-1972, John Gunnell). So there are a few fairly rare trucks out there. But if I were buying vehicles to make money, I would not have bought my trucks.
Its not misleading, you just chose to narrow the count down to what you presumably prefer--shortbeds.

The rest are still trucks and some of us prefer lon fleets for example...

BTW: half a million is still a lot of trucks.

Last edited by 72lb4x4; 04-01-2010 at 05:27 PM.
72lb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:48 AM   #56
dazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_C-30 View Post
They were just too many made, and none are particularly rare.
Lest we not forget the very shy and very rare Corvette option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
Also got to remember that when your wife comes looking for you, you can't jump in the engine bay, shut the hood and continue to work on your Camaro.
Probably be a good idea to put a mini fridge in there with you!

VS

hmmm.... decisions, decisions... which would I want to spend my money on? New car smell is nice, but you can buy an air freshener anywhere, as a matter of fact, you can pretty much buy the truck on the right anywhere!
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:04 AM   #57
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza View Post
Lest we not forget the very shy and very rare Corvette option.

Probably be a good idea to put a mini fridge in there with you!

VS

hmmm.... decisions, decisions... which would I want to spend my money on? New car smell is nice, but you can buy an air freshener anywhere, as a matter of fact, you can pretty much buy the truck on the right anywhere!

Well I had a decision to make...either a new Chevy Truck or a frame off fully loaded 1970 BB C10 ...which way do you think I went?

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 04-08-2010 at 07:04 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #58
dazza

Then all you need is one of these...

'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #59
1quik70

Guys I tend to disagree with what is being said here. There is money to be made on any vehicle, your time is worht someting! I have been building old cars since I was about 10. I bought my first, built it sold it for enough to buy another project and build it, this has continued for over 10 years. I now own a 70 Nova BB car, 71 SWB 4x4 BB truck, and a 55 Chevy P/U.

My Nova for example, Sold my 72 Chevelle for $14k, paid off all my student loans and had about $8k left. I bought a defunct project for 7K with all new interior, trim, ect in boxes. Car ran and drove with the 396, had new panels in place, and needed the body finished. The car is now painted in satin black, with all the new interior installed, motor freshened up (heads, intake, ect.), new rearend, disc brakes, ect. I still have under 10k in the car, and I wouldn't even consider an offer under 15k.

This is a hobby, but if you do the work yourself you should be rewarded not punished. Just because Joe Blow paid 5k for his shiny paint, and I did mine in the garage, doesnt entitle his truck to be worth 5k more or mine to be worth less. Same goes for the rest of the work, I see these pickups all day lonf on Ebay for 15k+, and yes they are very nice trucks. But, let me take my 71 that I paid 6k for, clean up some things and throw new paint on it, it is no longer a 6k truck, period! In my opinion, the value of these trucks can be seen by looking at what a professionally restored one goes for, and then price a little under. If my body man says he is going to charge $5k to paint my truck and I do it myself, I see that as at least a 3K upgrade, and my sale price will raise accordingly. Same with Interior, engine, ect., yes these things have to be done, but we should be compensated for our time and labor. That is why the prices stay down, because we only look at the hard part prices, and make our price.

I understand the point of keeping the prices reasonable, and I too would be without my favorite truck if I could not have picked it up semi-reasonable. The point remains, that if we keep selling them and not paying ourselves, the value will never increase and be the same as the muscle cars. Why do you think the mucle cars bring what they do, its not all because of production numbers, it's because the guys won't sell them cheaper, period!

Perfect example, is the guy that posted the other day wanting to trade a 71 Malibu for a 67-72 truck. Posted in the ad, MUST BE A NICE DRIVER! In the two terrible pictures you could see the rot it had on the outside, I would hate to see whats hidden. Now I'm not bashing on him, but that shows what he feels like the car is worth in compared to the trucks.

Last edited by 1quik70; 04-08-2010 at 11:09 AM.
1quik70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #60
big_al_71

I have seen garage paint jobs that are flawless and have seen a 20k paint job that can not compare. Just because you paid for it does not mean that it is better many times these so called restores do such a hack job that most times you are better off hacking it your self at least is just time and not money.

This reminds me of the early 2000's when all the garage built custom cycles coming out of the woodworks..

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #61
JHT67

I paid $500 for mine and I'm super excited to own it. Now it took me 2 trucks, a car dolly and a small trailer to get it home, but I got what I could get. If it was a popular muscle car, I'm guessing it would have been two or three times that much. (I also bought what I wanted,I love old chevy trucks) I have been unemployed since March of 09', I bought my truck this past December, I'm glad there is still deals to be found. Now if you can spend 5, 10, or 20 thousand on one and try to make money on it later, good luck. But if you own one, I say be glad that you own one of the best looking trucks ever built.
JHT67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #62
epashhans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1quik70 View Post
Guys I tend to disagree with what is being said here. There is money to be made on any vehicle, your time is worht someting! I have been building old cars since I was about 10. I bought my first, built it sold it for enough to buy another project and build it, this has continued for over 10 years. I now own a 70 Nova BB car, 71 SWB 4x4 BB truck, and a 55 Chevy P/U.

My Nova for example, Sold my 72 Chevelle for $14k, paid off all my student loans and had about $8k left. I bought a defunct project for 7K with all new interior, trim, ect in boxes. Car ran and drove with the 396, had new panels in place, and needed the body finished. The car is now painted in satin black, with all the new interior installed, motor freshened up (heads, intake, ect.), new rearend, disc brakes, ect. I still have under 10k in the car, and I wouldn't even consider an offer under 15k.

This is a hobby, but if you do the work yourself you should be rewarded not punished. Just because Joe Blow paid 5k for his shiny paint, and I did mine in the garage, doesnt entitle his truck to be worth 5k more or mine to be worth less. Same goes for the rest of the work, I see these pickups all day lonf on Ebay for 15k+, and yes they are very nice trucks. But, let me take my 71 that I paid 6k for, clean up some things and throw new paint on it, it is no longer a 6k truck, period! In my opinion, the value of these trucks can be seen by looking at what a professionally restored one goes for, and then price a little under. If my body man says he is going to charge $5k to paint my truck and I do it myself, I see that as at least a 3K upgrade, and my sale price will raise accordingly. Same with Interior, engine, ect., yes these things have to be done, but we should be compensated for our time and labor. That is why the prices stay down, because we only look at the hard part prices, and make our price.

I understand the point of keeping the prices reasonable, and I too would be without my favorite truck if I could not have picked it up semi-reasonable. The point remains, that if we keep selling them and not paying ourselves, the value will never increase and be the same as the muscle cars. Why do you think the mucle cars bring what they do, its not all because of production numbers, it's because the guys won't sell them cheaper, period!

Perfect example, is the guy that posted the other day wanting to trade a 71 Malibu for a 67-72 truck. Posted in the ad, MUST BE A NICE DRIVER! In the two terrible pictures you could see the rot it had on the outside, I would hate to see whats hidden. Now I'm not bashing on him, but that shows what he feels like the car is worth in compared to the trucks.
I don't think anyone here is opposed to paying themselves and making a little money. This is a hobby for most of us, not a business. And if it was a business, it would be a horrible one because most of us would be out of business! How did you pay yourself, parts, and purchase price for your chevelle, pay off your student loans, and have $8k left? Just curious...

We can ask whatever we want for a vehicle all day long but that doesn't make it worth more (even if you have X amount of time tied up in it or not). I would suggest to most people that if they want to be paid for their time, get a job...don't work on an old truck and try to recoup the money (in most cases)

Here is a question. You are saying that every vehicle that has time and money put into it should be worth that (or should be able to make money on it) because a person should be paid for their time on top of parts/supplies? Maybe you would be interested in a 93 cavalier for $26K I saw the other day. I am sure he has that time and money invested in it. Because of that, all cavaliers should be worth more than $500-$5k I guess.

Would you buy a really nice 67-72 C-10 for $30K - $50k? Or would you go buy one for cheap and build it the way you want for half that? The point remains, we all think our trucks are worth a ton, but no body wants to pay more than $500 - $5k. Maybe thats just what they are "worth".
Old 04-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #63
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by epashhans View Post
This is a hobby for most of us, not a business.

AMEN Brother. This thread is really
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #64
1quik70

I don't wanna quote the whole post so here it goes:

I am not saying pay yourself as in take out x amount and then go from there. Personally I put the profit back in the next build, to keep out of pocket expense down or build something better. My chevelle build for example since it was questioned:

Traded 70 CST lwb for 2004 Suzuki GSXR600, had Approx 5k in pickup.

Sold said bike for $6800 on eBay

Bought chevelle for $3500 put rest of cash +$5500 into it over a year or so. Drove and enjoyed the car from 2006-08. Sold in June for $14k. Total investment $12,300, "profit" $1700. Not a living but a profit. Doing this over a 10year span has enabled me to go from having a $2000 hot rod to having $20,000 in hot rods. Keep in mind all but the last two years, I was either in high school or college, so my budget was tight.

As for the Cavy, you and I both know some things just aren't worth the sum of their parts. I've seen both extremes, nice old cars that are so over done the owner will never see the light of day, and random POS's with way to much money in them.

All in all it's what works for the vehicle owner. Personally, all my vehicles are investments. To me it's better than stock because I get to enjoy them, and somewhat control their value. Perfect example my wife's 55 chevy p/u. I got the truck given to me, with the clip installed, and body in shambles. If I went all out I could build a $20k truck or the route I chose, spend as little as possible using spare parts, and have something most people can afford when I'm done. It's going to be driven for a year or so and sold to finish paying off my wife's student loans. Works best for us because instead of the extra money every month going to loans it would end up blown on something stupid. This way the money stays around until it's time to pay the note. It may sound rediculous but it works for us, we both have the car sickness, and this way we still get to get our fix!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #65
1quik70

I don't wanna quote the whole post so here it goes:

I am not saying pay yourself as in take out x amount and then go from there. Personally I put the profit back in the next build, to keep out of pocket expense down or build something better. My chevelle build for example since it was questioned:

Traded 70 CST lwb for 2004 Suzuki GSXR600, had Approx 5k in pickup.

Sold said bike for $6800 on eBay

Bought chevelle for $3500 put rest of cash +$5500 into it over a year or so. Drove and enjoyed the car from 2006-08. Sold in June for $14k. Total investment $12,300, "profit" $1700. Not a living but a profit. Doing this over a 10year span has enabled me to go from having a $2000 hot rod to having $20,000 in hot rods. Keep in mind all but the last two years, I was either in high school or college, so my budget was tight.

As for the Cavy, you and I both know some things just aren't worth the sum of their parts. I've seen both extremes, nice old cars that are so over done the owner will never see the light of day, and random POS's with way to much money in them.

All in all it's what works for the vehicle owner. Personally, all my vehicles are investments. To me it's better than stock because I get to enjoy them, and somewhat control their value. Perfect example my wife's 55 chevy p/u. I got the truck given to me, with the clip installed, and body in shambles. If I went all out I could build a $20k truck or the route I chose, spend as little as possible using spare parts, and have something most people can afford when I'm done. It's going to be driven for a year or so and sold to finish paying off my wife's student loans. Works best for us because instead of the extra money every month going to loans it would end up blown on something stupid. This way the money stays around until it's time to pay the note. It may sound rediculous but it works for us, we both have the car sickness, and this way we still get to get our fix!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #66
LMN8UR

I Love my truck. . . I paid $1800 for it nine years ago, I've driven it daily about 150,000 miles. Just spent about $5000 on a new engine, and plan on putting 200,000 more on it. What is it worth, don't know, don't care! It doesn't owe me a thing, I could dig a hole in the back yard and shove her in it, and smile while I cover it up.

Had I bought a new truck nine years ago, I would have lost more in depreciation than I've ever spent on it. PLUS I wouldn't have had a great time hanging out with folks like You! Who wants to talk about a 2001 truck? YUK!
TKO-500 & 3.08:1 rear

I Love HEMI's, they're soft & chewy!
LMN8UR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #67
Hubscrub
Cruzin

^^^ very well said

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:45 PM   #68
greenbd71

:Chevy:I posted this topic awhile back and noticed a lot of angry responses. I wanted to respond at what I was thinking when I posted it. I bought a 72 3/4 ton Chevy Truck and have been putting a lot of money and time from family into it. I always wanted this year Chevy Truck. When you own a truck you like to see what others have done with their trucks as well. I saw a lot of trucks that you can tell had a lot of money go into them since I know what I have put in mine. I was seeing nice restored trucks going for the price of a rusted out Dodge Charger with no engine or wheels. If the truck was rusted out in the same condition as the Charger it would have went for 100 dollars probably. I think when you hand down your truck to your son or daughter later in life that you would like it to have value besides emotional value. I'm tired of seeing trucks on Barrett Jackson Auctions selling for peanuts compared to the cars. That was my two cents so please don't hate if I am supporting the love for classic trucks that you own or wish you did. Thank you.:Chevy: I attached a couple of pics of my truck that will be getting a paint job soon.
Attached Images

greenbd71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:36 AM   #69
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbd71 View Post
:Chevy:I posted this topic awhile back and noticed a lot of angry responses. I wanted to respond at what I was thinking when I posted it. I bought a 72 3/4 ton Chevy Truck and have been putting a lot of money and time from family into it. I always wanted this year Chevy Truck. When you own a truck you like to see what others have done with their trucks as well. I saw a lot of trucks that you can tell had a lot of money go into them since I know what I have put in mine. I was seeing nice restored trucks going for the price of a rusted out Dodge Charger with no engine or wheels. If the truck was rusted out in the same condition as the Charger it would have went for 100 dollars probably. I think when you hand down your truck to your son or daughter later in life that you would like it to have value besides emotional value. I'm tired of seeing trucks on Barrett Jackson Auctions selling for peanuts compared to the cars. That was my two cents so please don't hate if I am supporting the love for classic trucks that you own or wish you did. Thank you.:Chevy: I attached a couple of pics of my truck that will be getting a paint job soon.

I don't think anybody is hating on you, I know I'm not. Its just the nature of the beast that these trucks, as much we love them, will never bring muscle car money. Its just that a truck like you and most of the ones we all have are not hard to find, and if someone has a high price on one, you can move on to the next. Its not that simple with muscle cars. There WAYY more people wanting them than the trucks, and there's a lot less to go around. I've owned some decent 67-72 trucks over the years, and they get a lot of attention, but when I drive my '69 SS Camaro into town, I simply get harrassed. There's no other way to put it. I find my self driving past gas stations (sometimes when I really need gas) that have a lot of people there, because it is usually not going to be an in and out thing. I'm going to have to talk to 2 or 3 people about that car, people are break out camera phones, and I have to field 127 questions - What year is it? What size engine does it have? How fast is it? Is it a real SS? and most prevalent, How much do you want for it? or Is it for sale? I get occasional offers and questions in my trucks, but NOTHING even close to comparison to the Camaro. There's a lot more of these trucks than '69 Camaros, and a lot more people wanting '69 Camaros, Chargers, Chevelles, Mustangs, GTO. etc, etc. Its pretty much simple supply and demand.
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #70
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

BTW, again, Welcome to the board. I hope you stick around, and I hope you post pics of your truck when it gets painted. I have a soft spot for the 3/4 - 1 tons!
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:44 AM   #71
beebster

Location: Aurora,Il ..born,raised and still live in the same house

If a guy buys a truck, he can do whatever the heck he wants with it. Fix it,sell it,hand it down etc..
I bought mine to drive without even thinking about what it's worth, what it will be worth or who i'll hand it down to.
One of the first post-ers said "it's part of the family" and that pretty much sums it up. I get attached to a truck, I can't just leave my blood, sweat and yes, tears on her to then turn around and sell her off to the highest bidder.
beebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:37 AM   #72
wwotr

Quote:

It bothers me to see people selling restored classic Chevy Trucks at such a low price that it hurts the truck market. I know Chevy Truck guys don't want to put alot of money into a truck that if they ever go to sell it that they can not get some kind of return on it. I watch classic muscle car auctions and when a super nice truck that you can see they put tons of money into go for half of what it's worth. I think the Classic Truck market needs to step up so these trucks get the respect they deserve I look on Ebay and see some real nice trucks going for very little money. I know the economy is soft now, but these trucks are slowly disappearing. It is getting hard to find a nice one that is not rusting away or been cut and chopped. I really love Chevy Trucks and just want to give them a better value than what I am seeing on the market.
If one has any wits about them, (at least I knew) from Day 1, I was NEVER going to get out, what I put IN to a vehicle of mine.
Of coarse I NEVER think I'm going to sell it eaither.

Case in point, 8 years ago I bought a 67 Chevy C-10 Fleetside Shortbed for $4200.00. Put ANOTHER $12K into it. Hit hard times and soldd it for $8200.00.
If I had held out for my "Invested Money", I'd have never sold it.

Just my .02 cents worth.
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"
wwotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #73
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
I think when you hand down your truck to your son or daughter later in life that you would like it to have value besides emotional value.
I understand what you are saying, but I also believe the greatest value in passing along a classic truck will continue to be emotional. We should consider different types of financial assets if we want to provide a monetary legacy. Just my .02

And I agree with 67_C-30 posts above. Stick around, don't take disagreements personally, we'd love to see your truck as it progresses.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #74
Hubscrub
Cruzin

no hate towards ya, your view is just as well as the next guys and a belated welcome to the board you will find it enjoyable and helpful

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14

Last edited by Hubscrub; 04-14-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #75
greenbd71

I feel like I have entered the Redneck twilight zone. Please read the post before you make judge mental comments. I said restored Chevy Trucks not rusted, work, grocery getters, spray on bed-lined, or farm trucks sitting in a field. Restored is not a chrome Edelbrock air cleaner on a Edelbrock carb. I am talking about $27,000 and higher fully restored trucks going for half of what they are worth. The key word was restored and I was called a Idiot and even a flamer from some guy because he has no life and posted a million post and is bitter cause I got a lot of responses and this is only my first post. I am from Tennessee so I can use the Redneck word above. I know what a hobby is and that is not what I posted. The auctions like Barrett Jackson set the value of these trucks when they are restored by the price when they are sold. I was not talking about Billy Bob's $1,500 truck with rust holes in the door panels and cut up radio panel to fit his Walmart FM stereo. Yes these are trucks and maybe they will not be the value of a Lamborghini but it will help if you ever part with your truck when you go to sell it or claim a insurance claim. I just cannot read 70 responses and only 1 or 2 guys had a clue of what I was trying to get across. I do appreciate some of the members that welcomed me to the forum and thank you.
greenbd71 is offline   Reply With Quote