The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-29-2013, 12:45 AM   #51
jeffahart

Re: In 40 years, do you think they'll be restoring & giving a damn about today's truc

Absolutly, anything that survives 40 years will be a target to get back on the road as a classic. My bet is CNG and LNG conversions will become cheaper, safer and more available in the coming future. This will allow engines from today and back to be run and meet emissiron standards. They will have all the plug and play components for the various applications. Just like now for upgrades.
jeffahart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #52
arturo7

Re: In 40 years, do you think they'll be restoring & giving a damn about today's truc

When I was in high school in the early 80's, the coolest car in school was a '71 Chevelle convertible. It was a 10 year old car. No way in heck a 10 year old car would be considered cool today (exotics excluded). Somewhere in the 80's, Detroit lost it.

build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=542073
arturo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #53
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Custom10Nut View Post
Look at the 78-86 cars and trucks. I didn't like them when they were new, but now you see very few.. why? Because they were garbage. Remember when the loan would out last the vehicle?
Bottom line is that very few vehicles have that special trait that makes them a classic. It just so happens that ours are the most beautiful pieces of machinery ever made.
WOW! Apparently you do not live in my part of the country---My area is full of the garbage you refer to and the one that I have is a classic--Heck even GM made it so with the name on it "Sierra Classic". This model line of trucks did not do well in the collectors world due to the fact that there were so many of them they just did not come out in the world as a desired truck. Everyone had one and used it for work until it died many years later. My truck has turned the Odometer over twice and still can make a Mustang owner weep at the stop light. The vehicles of today are not really vehicles, they are cell phone booths traveling down the highway. You buy the goodies and the dealer throws in a set of wheels and an engine to boot.

Don't get me completely wrong, I like my 2011 GMC for daily driving--it will run circles around my old 91 Silverado.