The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2008, 01:05 PM   #76
estig70

Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

i have one word for you all......................AWSOME!!!

Eric
estig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #77
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Maybe Extreme Home Makeover and Overhaulin could do a 2 parter.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #78
retodd7711
chrome makes it go FASTER!

I'm touched by the unselfish nature of the members of this board. Makes me proud to be a part of a great community.
I'm only about 2 hours from Seveirville. If I can do anything to help, just ask.
Todd
and she brings me beer.
She can stay for now.
EDIT:: But she left me anyway,
So forget her.

1962 GMC Stepside V6 4 speed
My rolling resto thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=324226
My old farm truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post3465005
retodd7711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:22 AM   #79
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

I am about to send an email to the TV Show Trucks!

The contents of the email are below.

Subject: Interested in a local "Overhaulin" type of story? Please read.

I belong to a website for Chevy Trucks (67-72chevytrucks.com) and we have a story on there about a Tennesse lady who has recently lost her husband.

One of our members came across her story on Ebay of all places. Her husband was a die hard Chevy guy - specifically the 67-72 Chevy trucks. She and her husband purchased and restored these old trucks until he recently passed unexpectedly. She was left with 4 of these old trucks and miscellaneous parts and was trying to auction them all off on Ebay in one auction. She had alot of people trying to rip her off and ended up not selling any of the trucks. Below is a link to her Ebay auction where you can read her story for yourself.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...em220255540192

The guy from our forums contacted her and tried to help her - telling her to auction them off one at a time, or try to sell them individually on our board. The story got picked up on our forum and has gained a tremendous amount of interest from our board members. Her daughters discovered what we were trying to do and are amazed that people that don't even know her are trying to help her. The lady does not know about our efforts or our contact with her daughters.

This is a link to the thread on our forums.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=298883

We are collectively trying to help this lady and it was mentioned that we should try and get her on some show like Overhaulin. I watch Trucks! religiously and recognized that you guys do your show here in the Middle Tennessee area, so since the lady is in west Tennessee I thought it might be more realistic that her story might get picked up by Trucks! rather than Overhaulin, which is all the way on the West Coast.

From the emails sent back and forth this lady is going through a tremendous amount of grief because of the early passing of her husband. We were thinking if some show like Trucks got involved and took these Trucks and built a nice truck from them that it might bring some healing and closure in this precious lady's life.

If there is anything that you can do, or if you have any suggestions please respond.

Thanks,
Name
Contact Info

I'll let you guys know what I hear back. In the meantime the email address for Trucks! is info@truckstv.com. What I suggest is that we bombard them with emails from our board members. Please keep the emails polite . There's a bunch of us here guys and if just some of us would take a minute of our time to send an email we might be able to get some attention and actually help this lady.

Keep it up.
tdave00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:42 AM   #80
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

By the way I sorta know this guy.

Chuck Hansen used to be the co-host of HorsepowerTV. He lives in the little town that I just moved from. I bid a job for him one time. I had no idea who he was until I saw him recently on a rerun. He was a really nice guy and I would not feel uncomfortable at all about driving over to his house and telling him the story to see what he might be able to do or suggest. Thoughts?

Last edited by tdave00; 07-31-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:22 AM   #81
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Wow tdave00, that is REALLY well writen!! Great job. Hopefully that will get some attention. Keep us updated.
I didn't get a reply from Dawn's daughters about the information that I didn't have to fill out the Overhaulin application. As soon as she responds, I'll post the needed stuff so we can fill one out. I'll fill one out and send it in. Sounds like chrislehr and 68GMC454 are willing to fill one out too.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:34 AM   #82
Frizzle Fry

tdave00 well done! and heck ya you should contact Chuck.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:13 AM   #83
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

Thanks guys. Now Don't Forget to Email the Trucks! TV Show.

I'll wait to see what I hear back from Trucks! before I go over to Chuck's.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:36 AM   #84
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Latest email:

Dear Bill:
Hi. I am just now able to get back to the computer to kind of update you on how every thing's going and I saw your note. I will try to call him as soon as I get off here. Thank you. And I wanted to thank you for listing my trucks for me. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your help. Please promise me that you'll let me know any expense you incur on my behalf so I can reimburse you OK. I've been away for a few days and I had to catch up on some work outside, so when I checked my mail I found that I have some very nice emails from members of your forum. Their thoughts and prayers for my family mean the world to me. I was hoping that by now, I would be able to thank all the members for the support they are giving me through you in person so to speak. My daughters tried to complete my registration for me while I was away but I'm afraid they weren't quite successful yet. I think what happened was they attempted to enter the incorrect password too many times, because they said if you do that, you have to wait at least two weeks for the system to clear for security reasons, and then you can register again with a completely new password. It's my fault because I thought I had told them to make up a new password for me, but I guess I must not have. Since they felt so bad about it, I couldn't let them see how disappointed I was, but at least everyone has a way to write to me if they think of any ideas or have any suggestions for me. In the meantime, if you visit the forum, please tell them we messed up, but I promise I'm coming on there as soon as I can to thank them all in person for all their help. Thank you again for everything Bill and please, to you and all the other members, please, please don't let me cause you any financial strain. You all have families just like I do. God bless all of you. Take care.
Dawn

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
Old 08-01-2008, 05:57 AM   #85
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

And, the needed info from Dawn's daughters for the overhaulin application.
I'm gonna fill one out Saturday. Maybe if we sent in several, it may help? What's everyone's thoughts?

Dear Bill and All,

Hey its me Tiffany. Sorry to be so long with this but we had to ask mom things without makin her suspicous. We knew some already but what I did was I told her I saw a truck like ol girl in town that had a ugly paint job. I started askin her what she would do to her truck. Also Becky and I were helpin her outside and I asked her if I could take some before & after pictures of what shes doin for my scrapbook. She said fine as long as I dont get her in them like I did when I took the auction pictures. Well I only ACCIDENTLY got her in one of them so I could show yall how far she goes to avoid askin anyone for help.Ill get rid of it after I send it to you and she wont know. I snuck in the garage while I had the camera and took some pictures of ol girl for you to. Heres what we found out.

It is a 1967 C10 short wheel base.

Its registered to my dad.

She doesnt think the transmission is in it but she wants to have a bulldog ? I think thats what she said.

They traded a 71 they had partialy restored for it a few years ago at a carlot.

There is no bed on it but she would like to put a stepside on it.

She wants it to be original but she doesnt like chrome trim on the body.

She wouldnt chop it or lower it.

She wants the largest tires that would still look good.

She wants to put packs on it so it will be loud?

I asked her what color she would paint it and she said some combination of off white pearl and deep candy apple red. Its not hard to get her talkin about what her and dad were gonna do and she said other things but thats about all I can remember but I hope its enough. If not just let us know. Oh yea she keeps all the titles together so I found the one to ol girl and heres whats on it...vin# C5148B132003 Thanks everyone and let us know what else you might need. Bye

Tiffany & Becky

Last edited by 63 & 64 Bowties; 09-04-2008 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Deleting Dawn's personal information
Old 08-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #86
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Gotta give props for Tiffany and Becky for running interference w/the password idea!

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:19 AM   #87
chrislehr
Engine n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdave00 View Post
I am about to send an email to the TV Show Trucks!

The contents of the email are below.

Subject: Interested in a local "Overhaulin" type of story? Please read.

I belong to a website for Chevy Trucks (67-72chevytrucks.com) and we have a story on there about a Tennesse lady who has recently lost her husband.

One of our members came across her story on Ebay of all places. Her husband was a die hard Chevy guy - specifically the 67-72 Chevy trucks. She and her husband purchased and restored these old trucks until he recently passed unexpectedly. She was left with 4 of these old trucks and miscellaneous parts and was trying to auction them all off on Ebay in one auction. She had alot of people trying to rip her off and ended up not selling any of the trucks. Below is a link to her Ebay auction where you can read her story for yourself.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...em220255540192

The guy from our forums contacted her and tried to help her - telling her to auction them off one at a time, or try to sell them individually on our board. The story got picked up on our forum and has gained a tremendous amount of interest from our board members. Her daughters discovered what we were trying to do and are amazed that people that don't even know her are trying to help her. The lady does not know about our efforts or our contact with her daughters.

This is a link to the thread on our forums.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=298883

We are collectively trying to help this lady and it was mentioned that we should try and get her on some show like Overhaulin. I watch Trucks! religiously and recognized that you guys do your show here in the Middle Tennessee area, so since the lady is in west Tennessee I thought it might be more realistic that her story might get picked up by Trucks! rather than Overhaulin, which is all the way on the West Coast.

From the emails sent back and forth this lady is going through a tremendous amount of grief because of the early passing of her husband. We were thinking if some show like Trucks got involved and took these Trucks and built a nice truck from them that it might bring some healing and closure in this precious lady's life.

If there is anything that you can do, or if you have any suggestions please respond.

Thanks,
Name
Contact Info

I'll let you guys know what I hear back. In the meantime the email address for Trucks! is info@truckstv.com. What I suggest is that we bombard them with emails from our board members. Please keep the emails polite . There's a bunch of us here guys and if just some of us would take a minute of our time to send an email we might be able to get some attention and actually help this lady.

Keep it up.
Badass.... Thanks for the effort on that!!! Trucks is a BETTER option too... They do things a little more the way I like em done...
chrislehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #88
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Very cool deal guys I sure how that something gets worked out here...

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #89
RM72chevy

Wow! I'm kicking myself in the a** right now and cannot believe I just now saw/read this post! Each and everyone of you guys are great as it is and feel you all have kicked up a few levels more by supporting Dawn and her family.
I live approx 30 min south of Nashville so if there is ANYTHING I can do to help, please let me know.
RM72chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #90
RM72chevy

Thumbs up Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Oh, I almost forgot.. If for any reason these tv shows do not accept Dawn's application.. I think with the knowledge here and the plethora of parts/trucks dawn has and possible a fund raiser. A team could be formed to put O'le girl on the road for Dawn.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #91
jb1016
"Oh well, it's a driver."

I've been following this for a little while now, but this is my first post. Here's a copy of the email I just sent to Trucks!

To whom it may concern:

I'm a member of an online forum, http://67-72chevytrucks.com. I know I am not the first from this group to contact you recently. I, too, am writing to urge you to examine this discussion thread regarding a lady in Sevierville who lost her 46-year old husband very suddenly to a heart attack. Here is the link to the thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=298883. You will see that, to this couple, these trucks were a hobby that they enjoyed together. When he died, she was left with four trucks in various states of disrepair. She was trying to auction them on ebay as one lot; that was what started our discussion. Here is that link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...em220255540192 . We recently learned that there is another truck, a 67 short wheelbase C-10 that carries too much sentimental value to sell. Her two daughters have been in contact with one of our members and are supplying us with "intelligence," if you will, in an effort to keep their mother out of the loop. There appear to be a lot of usable parts on the other four trucks. Collectively, we would love to be able to surprise this humble, sweet lady with a thoroughly rebuilt truck -- the realization of the vision she and her husband had for their "ol' girl." Of course, our forum is comprised of people from all over the continent and beyond. There is only so much we can do. I'm hoping that the folks at Trucks! will be touched by her story and decide to intervene. As a truck enthsiast, as a fan of your show, and as a Tennessean (we are the volunteers, right?), I hope you will consider this.

Thank you sincerely for your time,
Jonathan Bradley
Nashville

The email address is info@truckstv.com. We need to flood their inbox with emails!

To all you guys who got this started -- way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Petty
I don't know, but I've been told: You never slow down, you never grow old.
jb1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #92
jb1016
"Oh well, it's a driver."

Btw, I know the second two links don't work; I sent them another email to fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Petty
I don't know, but I've been told: You never slow down, you never grow old.
jb1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #93
Rodms

Guys and Gals who is close to her so if something with the shows does'nt happen could help out and arrange some stuff,say IF ALL 12800something members Donate 2 Bucks and do it our self,that should build a pretty nice truck ,You think.Hope something happens with the show b\,but if all else fails something to think about

Last edited by Rodms; 08-01-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Rodms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:32 PM   #94
ksjh1316
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodms View Post
Guys and Gals who is close to her so if something with the shows does'nt happen could help out and arrange some stuff,say IF ALL 12800something members Donate 2 Bucks and do it our self,that should build a pretty nice truck ,You think.Hope something happens with the show b,but if all else fails something to think about
thats a great idea and was kind of thinking along the same lines. Kind of like a 67-72 Extreme Truck Makeover. There has to be enough members in that area that know some shops that we could get this done at. Count Me In
ksjh1316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:20 PM   #95
RM72chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjh1316 View Post
thats a great idea and was kind of thinking along the same lines. Kind of like a 67-72 Extreme Truck Makeover. There has to be enough members in that area that know some shops that we could get this done at. Count Me In
Exactly my thoughts for a "Fund Raiser" Have a dedicated pal-pal account setup for "Project 67-72chevytrucks.com for Dawn" if everything else should fail.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #96
RM72chevy

Heck, I would be willing to stand out front of wal-mart with a coffee can and a sign if needed.
Setup donations inside the corner party store/ gas station and such with a sign telling the story.

just a thought
Old 08-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #97
Rodms

I know I bleed chevy orange glad to know others do too.Heck 2$ is not going to break me or make me so if nothing comes up all should support this and be proud of what you did and trust me it will evently be on the tube!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #98
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1016 View Post
I've been following this for a little while now, but this is my first post. Here's a copy of the email I just sent to Trucks!
I think if all of us interested in this story will keep sending similar emails we will hear something soon. I am still waiting, but confident we are gonna hear something back.

BTW...you Tennessee guys need to check out TNCTC. It's a local Classic Truck Board. The link is in my signature.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #99
ap2002

wow, yall guys are awesome,,, im very glad to be a part of the this site,,, please count me in on whatever, im all in into putting a happy face on Dawns face again...
Old 08-02-2008, 03:32 AM   #100
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM72chevy View Post
Exactly my thoughts for a "Fund Raiser" Have a dedicated pal-pal account setup for "Project 67-72chevytrucks.com for Dawn" if everything else should fail.
GREAT IDEA !! Wonder, if that's something the Mods/Admins could handle? Maybe a "sticky" or something?