The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #76
Tri5Nerd
Tripple Five Fanatic

Re: What a mess just look at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
Thanks man.

I love doing this stuff and sharing pictures. I don't know many car nuts near me that actually do their own work (with the exception of BC Toy Chest) so I come here and a few other forums to share and watch build threads. You guys make it easy to share and your compliments are greatly appreciated.
I guess I'm not a car nut that tries to do my own work and not too far from you.

Tri5
Old 02-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #77
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri5Nerd View Post
I guess I'm not a car nut that tries to do my own work and not too far from you.

Tri5
You don't live anywhere near me you are about an hour away and that's with good traffic. So stop being so sensitive.lol BC Toy Box lives 10 min from me, you are the one that moved out to the sticks.lol

I will tell you right now nobody and I mean nobody is a car nut like BC Toy Box. I thought I was sick, he needs to be in a mental ward for being a car nut. He told me the other day that eating gets in the way of him working on cars that's why he eats so late.lol Now a man that will starve until he finishes working on a car is just nutty. He had the nerve to be angry at being hungry.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 02-28-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #78
Tri5Nerd
Tripple Five Fanatic

If you think that's far then I guess I'll be quite now.

Tri5
Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #79
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

You don't have to be quiet, but you could stop being a trouble maker.lol
Old 02-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #80
Kim57

Kabwe & Tri5
Don't feel bad. I don't have anyone in my neighborhood either. That's why I'm on here everyday to check builds.
Kim
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #81
Kim57

Kabwe & Tri5
Don't feel bad. I don't have anyone in my neighborhood either. That's why I'm on here everyday to check builds.
Kim
Oops! My bad a double post.

Last edited by Kim57; 02-16-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #82
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

This thread reminds me that I have to purchase a new cross member for the cobbed MII front in my 40. It isn't near as bas as the one that was repaired here, but it wasn't installed properly and drives goofy to say the least.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #83
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
Kabwe & Tri5
Kim
Kim I don't even want to talk about neighbors they always call the police on me for noise.lol Man I shut down all loud noise at 6pm now I used to work until 8pm noise ordinance says 10pm, but they still call on me. One time they told the police I was chopping up cars.lol I live in Inglewood, CA man and you don't want to play with our police you can't tell them stuff like that somebody can get hurt.lol They called the police on me at 3pm on a Sat. I asked the police what about these home additions people are doing and gardener with leaf blowers early in the morning. He said they call about that also. The last time they called on me the cop was cool he was a car guy and we started talking cars while his female partner rolled her eyes.lol He just told me to stick to the noise ordinance and everything is cool. Man I have to move to the outskirts of town.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
This thread reminds me that I have to purchase a new cross member for the cobbed MII front in my 40. It isn't near as bas as the one that was repaired here, but it wasn't installed properly and drives goofy to say the least.
It can't be saved? or is it just easier to start fresh? What is it a 40 what? Chevy, Ford, truck or car? You know I want pics.lol

Never mind I see what it is in your signature. I almost brought a 39, those are some cool old rides. I dream of owning a coupe its my favorite street rod.

Last edited by Kabwe; 02-16-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #84
Fat Mike

[QUOTE=Kabwe;4491384]Kim I don't even want to talk about neighbors they always call the police on me for noise.lol Man I shut down all loud noise at 6pm now I used to work until 8pm noise ordinance says 10pm, but they still call on me. One time they told the police I was chopping up cars.lol I live in Inglewood, CA man and you don't want to play with our police you can't tell them stuff like that somebody can get hurt.lol They called the police on me at 3pm on a Sat. I asked the police what about these home additions people are doing and gardener with leaf blowers early in the morning. He said they call about that also. The last time they called on me the cop was cool he was a car guy and we started talking cars while his female partner rolled her eyes.lol He just told me to stick to the noise ordinance and everything is cool. Man I have to move to the outskirts of town.lol

You live in the the sticks and your neighbors are calling the police. WOW! What is the ghetto coming too.
Fat Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #85
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Mike View Post
You live in the the sticks and your neighbors are calling the police. WOW! What is the ghetto coming too.
Okay Mike watch it now, who says I live in a ghetto.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 02-16-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #86
sgtusmc

Man that really sucks, about your neighbors. Let us know when your on the next episode of COPS....sorry man, I couldn't help myself!!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...hlight=sgtusmc
U.S. Marines - Certified Counselors to the 72 Virgins Dating Club.
sgtusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:05 AM   #87
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtusmc View Post
Man that really sucks, about your neighbors. Let us know when your on the next episode of COPS....sorry man, I couldn't help myself!!
I thought that you had to be drunk and from bakersfield, CA to be on an episode of cops.lol
Old 02-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #88
wwhijr
SUPERscrapMAN

[quote=Fat Mike;4491826]
Quote:
Kim I don't even want to talk about neighbors they always call the police on me for noise.lol Man I shut down all loud noise at 6pm now I used to work until 8pm noise ordinance says 10pm, but they still call on me. One time they told the police I was chopping up cars.lol I live in Inglewood, CA man and you don't want to play with our police you can't tell them stuff like that somebody can get hurt.lol They called the police on me at 3pm on a Sat. I asked the police what about these home additions people are doing and gardener with leaf blowers early in the morning. He said they call about that also. The last time they called on me the cop was cool he was a car guy and we started talking cars while his female partner rolled her eyes.lol He just told me to stick to the noise ordinance and everything is cool. Man I have to move to the outskirts of town.lol

I had a neighbor like that. I could walk outside and fart and he would call the cops. One night we had been in bed for 3 hours and there was a knock on the door. The cops had got a noise complaint. Eventually they stopped coming out at all. When the cops wouldn't come out anymore he started calling the county code enforcement. They came out three or four times and said to keep all my stuff down in the field. Which it already was.

The final straw was him going ot the county inspectors office and cussing out the county supervisor. The inspector came out and my wife and I were out under my only two shade trees taking some stuff apart to scrap. He talked to us for about a hour about everything under the sun and then said, "it is your yard do whatever the hell you want."

I told him to tell the neighbor that the very next time anyone came to the house I was going to build an 8 foot tall fence out of old garage doors and paint his side hot pink. The kicker is I live in the middle of nowhere.

Turns out that the idiot was trying to sell a double wide and 4 acres of land for $150k because he had just built a $300k home. He wound up selling it for $90k. New neighbor is great he comes over and helps me work on stuff. I told him he owed me money for the good price I got him.
The BLueOx 1994 Chevy Suburban. K2500 454 Used on a daily basis.
wwhijr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #89
sgtusmc

Quote:
I thought that you had to be drunk and from bakersfield, CA to be on an episode of cops.lol
haha...good stuff!
On this episode of COPS. How to finish up that weld after getting tased, or running around the truck getting measurements with the K9 in pursuit.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #90
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

wwhijr,

That is a awful lot of bull to go through with a neighbor.

Quote:
haha...good stuff!
On this episode of COPS. How to finish up that weld after getting tased, or running around the truck getting measurements with the K9 in pursuit.
Well I'm kind of use to K9's in pursuit that's my other passion.lol I never said I was not a bit nutty. There is nothing like having a good fight with a good dog.lol Scareface "I'll be the bad guy".lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 02-17-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #91
sgtusmc

Man, before I get to caught up, I'd like to give you some props on this save. You did some outstanding work on that guy's truck. I showed my son (10yrs old now) the dog pics you had on your old build thread. He thought it was cool how you trained them. I told him I'd wrap him up in some bubblewrap, old blankets with some duck tape and he could be like you. He just gave me that "are you crazy" stare. Hell, I know I wouldn't be a meat puppet for an attack dog. With my luck I'd get bit where I didn't have padding.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #92
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Thanks man I really appreciate it.

That's funny about your son.lol Man I love a well trained dog. These dogs (not the police dogs I worked with) are the sweetest dogs in the world, one of them is a even a therapy dog visits old folks home and acts like a lap dog.lol There is nothing like seeing the development of a well behaved fully trained protection dog.

Let your son watch this. This was a great dog we lost him a couple of years ago due to bloating. I loved working with this dog. Ignore that silly puppy crying in the background that is one of Porter pups wanting in on the action.lol

RIP Porter

Now I will get back to trucks before the Admins get mad. Sorry car guys but I have two hobbies.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 02-18-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #93
OrrieG

I'm glad I live in a neighborhood with lots of car guys, carpenters, cabinet makers, etc. Always lots of background noise plus kids having fun. The unwritten rule in the neighborhood is that noise up to 8 pm is ok during the week, a little later on the weekends when people don't have to work. Two of my neighbors retire early because the go to work very early and I respect that. Only times I've had problems with neighbors I just reminded them that its a two way street, if I look close enough I could start nit picking their lifestyle too. Only ones that escalated involved drug use or excessive incessent dog barking. In both cases I gave the people fair warning three times to correct the problems then filed disturbing the peace complaints. In both cases when the cops served the complaints they found drug use and the problems went away.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #94
sgtusmc

You know, I'm truly blown away by that video. I honestly didn't know you could have a dog that well trained. It's amazing!!! My son is going to really dig this video. Thanks for posting it, and sorry for your loss man.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #95
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
You know, I'm truly blown away by that video. I honestly didn't know you could have a dog that well trained. It's amazing!!! My son is going to really dig this video. Thanks for posting it, and sorry for your loss man.
He was not my dog but it felt like it was. In the dog club there was no jealousy and we had the attitude that if one of us wins the competition then all of us win because we all helped in the training. Well Lamont and Porter won a lot of competitions.lol There were very few handlers and dogs that had the relationship of Lamont and Porter, they were the perfect match and it was a pleasure to work with them. Its been a few years since we lost Porter and he is still talked about as one of the greatest dogs ever to compete. Its common to go to a competition and hear "Now if you ever saw Lamont's dog Porter he was beautiful". Man that dog was beautiful to watch work.

I hope your son enjoys the video.

Last edited by Kabwe; 02-17-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #96
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
I'm glad I live in a neighborhood with lots of car guys, carpenters, cabinet makers, etc. Always lots of background noise plus kids having fun. The unwritten rule in the neighborhood is that noise up to 8 pm is ok during the week, a little later on the weekends when people don't have to work. Two of my neighbors retire early because the go to work very early and I respect that. Only times I've had problems with neighbors I just reminded them that its a two way street, if I look close enough I could start nit picking their lifestyle too. Only ones that escalated involved drug use or excessive incessent dog barking. In both cases I gave the people fair warning three times to correct the problems then filed disturbing the peace complaints. In both cases when the cops served the complaints they found drug use and the problems went away.
Yes my friend you are lucky you don't have to deal with this crap I have to deal with.

Last edited by Kabwe; 02-17-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #97
chevyrestoguy

Man, what an awesome video. I love seeing dogs of that caliber working, and he's the best I've ever seen. We've got Belgians here at work, but none of them are anywhere close to Porter. Our handlers don't spend the time to work the dogs, and they're usually left alone in the back of the car going nuts whenever they hear anything. Belgians are probably the best of the breeds for that type of work, but they usually attach themselves to one person and our handlers are not that dedicated.

I have to admit I got teary eyed at the end of that video. I love dogs.

My build threads:
'55 Chevy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247512

'64 C-20: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=446527
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #98
Fat Mike

That was a very talented dog. Maybe he could train my kids!!LOL
Fat Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #99
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
Man, what an awesome video. I love seeing dogs of that caliber working, and he's the best I've ever seen. We've got Belgians here at work, but none of them are anywhere close to Porter. Our handlers don't spend the time to work the dogs, and they're usually left alone in the back of the car going nuts whenever they hear anything. Belgians are probably the best of the breeds for that type of work, but they usually attach themselves to one person and our handlers are not that dedicated.

I have to admit I got teary eyed at the end of that video. I love dogs.
Yeah Belgians get very attached to their handlers and some of them are skittish but with the drive they have you can work them through a lot of their problems. I'm more a fan of the dutch shepherd that's what I have but they are a lot of dog and too much dog for most people. Because the dutch is a straight up thug.lol The problem with the dutch is just the opposite he is not skittish at all but he may not listen to you as much as a Belgian when his drive kicks in. He has a lot of fight drive. OMG does he.lol

I get teary eyed every time I think about Porter. That was a once in a lifetime dog.
Porter had many issues that we train through. He use to be a afraid of water so we soaked him.lol Anytime he showed fear of anything he would get introduced to more of it. That's why we loved him so much because of the all the work and his growth. By the time he was a champion he was not afraid of anything because he saw everything in training.

See training protection dogs is like training a boxer. He can never lose a fight during training if he does you may lose the dog. You just keep putting him in these little fights and set him up to win and by the time he is in a real fight he does not know how to lose. Losing is not an options anymore, being scared is no longer an option. That was Porter in a nutshell he did not know how to lose or run anymore. He forgot what fear was because he was so use to winning. He was a winner and had confidence that no matter what happens I can handle it and I will win. The pressure we put on that dog was unbelievable and it came to a point where he was not even phased. In the video there is a lot of pressure going on 4 or 5 decoys jumping all over the place and he handles it with ease. He was beautiful and the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with. Oh and his bite was like an alligator we often had to tell Lamont to out him because the bite pressure was too much to take, even through the bite suit. It felt like your arm was gonna snap.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 06-07-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #100
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Mike View Post
That was a very talented dog. Maybe he could train my kids!!LOL
Nope it was talent and training. Porter had us worried many times so we trained harder.lol