The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #76
Oldskewl70

Re: aka "Bubba"

Yea don't get me started on BODY shops. I went threw two myself with my truck and nowhere close to happy about it am I with my truck. I built it to drive so drive it is what I'm doin. No more gettin jerked around at the body shop I tell ya. I've got a 72 convertable cutlass I'm starting on next and I've decided I'm doin it MYSELF... I still need to narrow the rear and gears and locker in the truck so I can fit 20x11 . Lookin for a good cam and head work I'm puttin trimm on it this week I'd like to have it finnished by summer....
Posted via Mobile Device
Oldskewl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #77
formikaus

did you ever get the drive shaft figured out? i know on my swb when we put the 700r4 in, the driveshaft was too long. so we moved the engine forward a couple of inches, which i did not mind anyway cause it left plenty of room for the hei distributor.
formikaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #78
VA72C10
VA72C10

Glad to see/hear it's getting some attention!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #79
Dynomutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by formikaus View Post
did you ever get the drive shaft figured out? i know on my swb when we put the 700r4 in, the driveshaft was too long. so we moved the engine forward a couple of inches, which i did not mind anyway cause it left plenty of room for the hei distributor.
I have A resolve, but haven't decided if it's the right one yet. Since I don't have a cab on clip on the frame it's kind of hard to determine the correct placement of the engine, too far back, hits the cab, too far forward, no room for pulleys, fan, radiator, etc. So I need to make sure I make the right decision, after a LOT of measuring. I'm still not real sure what happened to make the ds not fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Glad to see/hear it's getting some attention!
Me too! But it's short lived attention for now. Probably be the end of March before I really get back on it. We've been working on my dad's 69 more than the 72.

Oldskewl, I here ya on the bodyshop thing. They've been a pain in my ... since I dropped the cab off, and these are "friends" of mine.

Build Thread

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=446194
Dynomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #80
formikaus

well good luck on the measuring.......i justed opted for the electric fan, cleared up some room and a couple of ponies.
formikaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #81
Dynomutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by formikaus View Post
well good luck on the measuring.......i justed opted for the electric fan, cleared up some room and a couple of ponies.
I'm going electric fan too, but I have the Billet Specialties pulley setup and it's a little different than stock so I have to keep that in mind as well.

Build Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #82
Chris92

Looking great! Glad to see your back on it.

What gas tank is that? I would love to have a tag fill tank but don't want the tank to hang too low. The Camaro tank mod just sits too low for me.

Does it look like the filler will work well?

Thanks!

Chris
Chris92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #83
Oldskewl70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomutt View Post
I have A resolve, but haven't decided if it's the right one yet. Since I don't have a cab on clip on the frame it's kind of hard to determine the correct placement of the engine, too far back, hits the cab, too far forward, no room for pulleys, fan, radiator, etc. So I need to make sure I make the right decision, after a LOT of measuring. I'm still not real sure what happened to make the ds not fit.

Me too! But it's short lived attention for now. Probably be the end of March before I really get back on it. We've been working on my dad's 69 more than the 72.

Oldskewl, I here ya on the bodyshop thing. They've been a pain in my ... since I dropped the cab off, and these are "friends" of mine.
It's like they do what they want to until they need some money then work a Lil then bull**** somemore... I think I'll become a body man😁anybody need some work done lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Oldskewl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #84
Dynomutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris92 View Post
Looking great! Glad to see your back on it.

What gas tank is that? I would love to have a tag fill tank but don't want the tank to hang too low. The Camaro tank mod just sits too low for me.

Does it look like the filler will work well?

Thanks!

Chris
Thanks Chris. I put the tank dimensions together and had Dave Boyd custom build it for me. Now that it's done, I would have changed a couple of things about it but I think it will function fine. It's not the biggest tank at just shy of 17 gals but it will suit my needs just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskewl70 View Post
It's like they do what they want to until they need some money then work a Lil then bull**** somemore... I think I'll become a body man��anybody need some work done lol
Posted via Mobile Device
The story I kept getting was, we're just too busy doing insurance work to get to it. So I'd ask, what, is my money not as green as there's? But you're right, they're not real busy right now so we'll see what happens if a hail storm or some bad weather blows through.

Build Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #85
Dynomutt

Well obviously I haven't been on in a while, and not much has been done with the truck either, sad to say. Have just been dealing with life things for the last year or so. I'm sure many of you know how that goes. Hoping to get back on the truck in the next couple of weeks so I've been browsing the site a little to get back in the mix some. I have my cab back and the body shop never did anything more than the few pics I posted. Been to several shops since and I've almost decided to paint the thing myself. Haven't painted anything since the early 90's so I might be just a little rusty, but it beats dealing with body shops any more. Got quite a bit of work to do on Dad's truck too so not sure how the progress will be and at this point I can't even remember where I left off so I'll need a little time to refresh myself on the build. Dad healed up great to btw, can't even tell he ever hurt himself and that's awesome to me.
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Build Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:15 AM   #86
builtbyKane

That sucks to hear about how the body shops treated you. Hopefully this year is a lot better to you so you can get some real work done on this project.
builtbyKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #87
truckzilla

Sub'd!
truckzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #88
jondancer

dynomutt, could you pm me some info on that gas tank, i want dave to make me one just like it.
thanks
jondancer is offline   Reply With Quote