The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-18-2014, 02:06 AM   #76
Ornery37

Re: New truck whats it worth?

I would see if you could get it out to look under it.
The aftermarket parts do not fit as well and original.

It looks to be a nice truck and that is his asking price.
offer him $2500 to $2700
the worst he can do is say NO!
1937 chevy fenderless pu (use to be daily driver)
1983 MB turbo diesel (daily)
Ornery37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 04:25 AM   #77
Coltronist

I bought my truck for 2k running and driving with the body in about the same condition. The guy who sold me the truck wanted 4k for it and I told him he was smokin the hookah pipe. Hit him with 1300 and see where you go from there. I agree with these guys no more than $2500, but in that condition I think you should try to get it for a little lower. That truck looks sweet! I would keep that rusted look and clear coat it!
Coltronist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #78
68basket

i love the patina. i have built a rotten truck and would happily pay $4000 to start with that one as long as its true that the structure is not rotten. i would do interior, suspension, and drive train and leave the body as is. Love it.
68basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #79
boucher racing

To give you an example. I purchased this HIGH optioned 66 C10 283, auto, custom cab, factory AC, SWB for $2000. It was not running at all, it had been sitting in a field for 6 years. We had to drag it on a trailer with a tractor. I lucked out though. The drive train was in great shape and most everything worked. I redid the exhaust, full tune up, electrical wiring, lowered, all new brakes, new bed, wheels, tires, and a full clean up.

Here is the build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=587639

I put roughly $2000 into the truck before I sold it.

If I were you, I would not give over $2500 for it.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=587639
boucher racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #80
1966shortwide

Not trying to be a smart a$$ to you but you had $4000.00 total investment , and you still had not fixed any rust, in door's fender' rocker ,ect .So if he buy's the truck for $3500.00 to $4000.00 and get it's running say for even a $1000.00 with trim and all and that would be high figure and he has no rust repair needed and don't need to buy patch panel's and the time and labor he is done if he keep's the patina.Maybe you won't agree but that's my thinking.
1966shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #81
PGSigns

Think we need to slow down on this one till the truck is out the weeds and someone has looked it over good to see its actual condition. It could have a lot more issues that we know of. Then whats it worth?
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #82
Monte's62

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher racing View Post
To give you an example. I purchased this HIGH optioned 66 C10 283, auto, custom cab, factory AC, SWB for $2000. It was not running at all, it had been sitting in a field for 6 years. We had to drag it on a trailer with a tractor. I lucked out though. The drive train was in great shape and most everything worked. I redid the exhaust, full tune up, electrical wiring, lowered, all new brakes, new bed, wheels, tires, and a full clean up.

Here is the build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=587639

I put roughly $2000 into the truck before I sold it.

If I were you, I would not give over $2500 for it.
Boucher, just checked out your "cropwell" build. Really nice. In my opinion, it is a better value than the blue truck in question, and better than the truck I just bought, except for maybe the bed wood. I am a fellow teacher as well and it is fun to work on these trucks in the summer.
Monte's62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 04:26 PM   #83
Monte's62

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
Think we need to slow down on this one till the truck is out the weeds and someone has looked it over good to see its actual condition. It could have a lot more issues that we know of. Then whats it worth?
Jimmy
I can see at least 1 maybe 2 dents in the passenger door, and what looks to be some rocker issues on both sides, or at least early stages. Hey, either way it's a great truck, at least based on the pictures, but I don't know if it's as good as advertised

Definitely worth the asking price if it has bumpers, trim, lights, wiring, hubcaps, bed wood and an engine that could be repaired.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:26 PM   #84
C/10 King

Not to hijack or start an argument, but I'm just curious (for fun)......... If this was "your truck" what would you ask for it???? And be honest.

.....And I'll be the first to say, if it as rust free as said... and after buying some used tires and used taillights (maybe $150. in parts) I would be asking $6,500-7,000.

Ok, what's your asking price on this non-running matching stock truck?
1971 Short Fleet
1970 Jimmy Custom 2 WD "Golden Ticket"
1972 Blazer 2 WD "Retro Blaze"
C/10 King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #85
Whiteblur

Went back today with two jacks and crawled all underneath it to double check everything. I found a hole the size of a quarter in the passenger floor board and a hole half the size of a penny in the passenger rocker. Everything else checked out perfect! cab corners, solid. rockers, solid. pans, solid. pinch welds, solid. kick panels, solid. mounts, solid. inner fenders, solid. Entire truck=solid. He's at $4k and not a dime less. There is no negotiation on this truck.
Whiteblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #86
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

c/10 King, thats what cracks me up about what guys think other guys trucks are worth. They don't think about if it was theirs and how much they would want for it. The guys that are saying $1000 or less are smoking some good stuff evidently. Have they bought any rust free parts before. If the body is as clean as he says, its worth a heck of alot in parts. Factory AC Cab, doors, front clip, tailgate and a bed, go buy any of that without any rust and see what you pay. Guys are into the original paint patina trucks anymore, as you know. Engine and drivetrain is way cheaper to fix compared to rust. I wish it was closer to me, I'd have to do some hard thinking on it. I'm not saying its worth the $4000 but its not a piece of junk truck either. I bought rust free truck out of Montana for $1500, shipped here for $900. Tried to sell it complete but ended up parting it out completely and did great on it BECAUSE it was rust free
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #87
scottco

Kind of depends where you live. I bought mine in close to the same shape for $400. Corners and floor are good, small spots on doors and fenders. Single owner? paper work and history are worth something. Trucks don't rust to bad here in the Panhandle of Texas.. Good luck..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=649951
scottco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #88
C/10 King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteblur View Post
Went back today with two jacks and crawled all underneath it to double check everything. I found a hole the size of a quarter in the passenger floor board and a hole half the size of a penny in the passenger rocker. Everything else checked out perfect! cab corners, solid. rockers, solid. pans, solid. pinch welds, solid. kick panels, solid. mounts, solid. inner fenders, solid. Entire truck=solid. He's at $4k and not a dime less. There is no negotiation on this truck.
Soooooo, are you pulling the trigger??? I like it more every time I look at it.
1971 Short Fleet
1970 Jimmy Custom 2 WD "Golden Ticket"
1972 Blazer 2 WD "Retro Blaze"
C/10 King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #89
TheCougarine

If you knew you could get the engine running I wouldn't see it as such a bad deal but if you plan on dropping a bigger engine in it anyway it seems a bit much to spend. You could buy a running truck in about the same shape for less than you'd probably spend replacing everything in that one.
TheCougarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #90
Ratpin

If he says "non-negotiable", that right there might turn me off. I might tell him if he can get it to turn over and run he's got a deal, but doubt that'll happen. I'd probably walk away unless you are starving for a project. I personally have so many irons in the fire right now that I may not see the same monetary value as the next guy, but if I needed something to work on and it was close maybe my opinion would differ.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #91
scottco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpin View Post
If he says "non-negotiable", that right there might turn me off. I might tell him if he can get it to turn over and run he's got a deal, but doubt that'll happen. I'd probably walk away unless you are starving for a project. I personally have so many irons in the fire right now that I may not see the same monetary value as the next guy, but if I needed something to work on and it was close maybe my opinion would differ.
I agree with Ratpin. I know how much work is involved. so it's hard for me to lay out that much money then have to go to work on it.. But with that said they are getting harder to find. I always price my junk so I can come down to make a deal....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=649951
scottco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:59 PM   #92
boucher racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966shortwide View Post
Not trying to be a smart a$$ to you but you had $4000.00 total investment , and you still had not fixed any rust, in door's fender' rocker ,ect .So if he buy's the truck for $3500.00 to $4000.00 and get it's running say for even a $1000.00 with trim and all and that would be high figure and he has no rust repair needed and don't need to buy patch panel's and the time and labor he is done if he keep's the patina.Maybe you won't agree but that's my thinking.
I never had the intentions in fixing the rust stops. It needed some bed work, rockers, front fender, typical issues. They didn't bother me on this project, it fit the vibe of the finished product.

I have been watching the prices of the trucks for awhile and they have been increasing since I bought "cropwell". To give you an example, I sold it for $7000. It was a fun project and have been looking for another.

Like I said, I lucked out. If the engine or trans were shot, it would have been an easy $1500 more to get it up to snuff. I did not spend a dime on the interior other than clean it.

Supply and demand. The supply of a original C10 like that, with those options is REALLY low. So, the demand will be high.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=587639
boucher racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:44 PM   #93
Micmac

I live not to far from Tennessee. I would not pay 4K this for a truck in that shape, that being said I've had mine for many years and have not been in the market. What I would pay is of little consequence, if he thinks it's worth it he should do it. I still would try and get him down anyway. Mine does not have all the options this truck does either. I do have the build sheet and dealership paperwork, and a few things that are desirable. That being said, I would not take that for mine. In fact, I do not believe I would ever sell it. I had a guy just last week pull up aside me over in Virginia in a '57 Chevy Belaire and ask me what would I take for the truck, without hesitation I told him it was not for sale. He stated he had been looking for a 60-66 truck in good shape for awhile. I am sure he had the money based on what he was driving. If the OP thinks it is worth it, he should go for it. Especially if he is planning on keeping it it really doesn't matter what he puts into it, it is for his enjoyment. My son wants the truck when I die, it will be his (if he gets a garage).
1947 Indian Chief Roadmaster with Sidecar.
2012 Indian Chief Serial #002 of 110 built in '12
2016 Indian Chief Roadmaster
Micmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #94
Ornery37

It is a nice truck and if I did not have a lot of other projects I would consider it at that price, but I would be living the patina (the reason to pay that price for me).
But the question on what I would sell it for I would be around the $2500 due to it not running (it is a ac cab and a short wide bed).
I sold a fleet long bed, big back window truck, with similar patina for $500 due to I needed room (I was asking $1800 first then $1200, but the seat, tailgate, motor, trans and drive shaft were removed). It had a title also.

But I could see the $4000 price range as long as it does not have major body rust and has a title. Cause, I think for another $4000? you could have a really nice $8000 truck to drive around.
1937 chevy fenderless pu (use to be daily driver)
1983 MB turbo diesel (daily)
Ornery37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #95
Mjminino

I paid 500 for mine, but like I said I also had 1000 in panels and mine was completely torn apart and nothing was attached. I would personally say "Since it doesn't run/drive, I've got $3000 cash, 100 dollar bills for you right here right now no bull**** no hassle" and see where it goes from there. I would gladly pay the 3000 dollars to have a truck in that shape and all I had to do was drop a motor and tranny in. My project as it sits now I'm years down the road until I'm able to drive mine and like I said I still need fenders and outter fenders, all that jazz including motor and transmission. So my opinion if you could get it for 3000 I would do it. Now if he says no to the 3k just say well, if you change your mind let me know. Wait a couple of days or a week. If no response and you still really want the truck, then go buy it. Still getting a deal for that little of rust repair.
Mjminino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #96
Monte's62

Whiteblur, as several have mentioned it is worth what it's worth to you really. Now if you plan to re-sell then you need to really think about what you have to put in it. Everyone is talking about no rust repair and that is a big deal on some trucks, not as big on others, and not much of an issue at all apparently on this truck. But there is still a lot of money to put in this truck depending on the engine. And I will go back to my very first post on this thread, I think you have a little more than patina on that hood.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:31 AM   #97
AUS64c10

For me, I can't weld but I can do mechanical and paint ok. I wouldn't bat a eye lid if that passed my way for $4k. It would be such a nice change working on something that hasn't molested by the 10 previous owners.
AUS64c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 11:25 PM   #98
butch2000

I live in Canada , everything rusts a way here , I like it , it is straight , and it's not rotten , I hate rot it takes for ever to fix , it's worth what you are willing to pay ? I like it so I would buy it , the little things like lights and all being re-popped so easy to get , you swap a small block in and go through the brakes and stuff and have a nice patina driver , 5-6 grand , just my thoughts , if you don't buy it let me know where it is please ?
butch2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #99
Maddoxdb

I will say that I paid wayyyyy more than that for my 63 I just bought. It is running/driving. Needed tires bad. But I could for sure see that truck bringing $4k. I wouldn't sell it for less....
Maddoxdb is offline   Reply With Quote