The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Put some buddy buckets in my 71K20

Ive always liked the buddy buckets, the bucket seats in my truck were gray Astro van seats. They were pretty comfortable, but just didnt go with the eventual look Im going for.

I bought two sets of buddy buckets and took the two best seats and centers for the set that was going in my truck. I sent the frame and the center console box to the sand blasters. Then I stripped all the upholstery off the seats and center cushions. I picked up a new set of seat covers and was ready to do my first ever upholstery job.

I bought a hog ring pliers and some hog rings down and the Co-op. I already had a decent staple gun, so I was ready to do some damage. I had always heard you should put the seat covers out in the sun to make em more pliable, so I just dropped the tailgate on my truck and did it all outside on my truckbench.

Over all its pretty simple job. But where the seats join together its pretty much good luck and hope for the best. Some weird flappy piece of material is supposed to wrap around and hide frame and foam. In the picture the part with the pleats on the drivers seat looks funky, but its just weird shadows and reflections. It is a little lumpy across the very top of the seat though..oh well. I just did the best I could, this isn't a show truck.

I had painted the frame semi gloss black already, so I was ready to bolt the seats on. Started with the passenger side, simple. Put the drivers side on and the adjuster arm was on the wrong side...WTHeck? I had put the passenger seat on the wrong side Working upside down and backwards throws me off.

Now I have to decide whether to keep the black metal door panels or upholster them to match the buckets.

I also have to order some Lizard Skin sound and heat coating so I can yank up the lovely carpet and lay down my new rubber mat flooring. (You don't put carpet in a working truck, heh)

Im broke right now so thats going to have to wait...one step at a time =)
Attached Images

Last edited by CG; 07-03-2009 at 07:40 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote