The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
Recian

SBC discussion

So I've tossed around ideas of eventually come winter or spring time tossing my tired 305 for another sbc. I know there's anything from even 200 something ci's to the common 350, 400 and everything in between. I've even considered a 327 from older muscle cars. I've even got a guy at work putting mopar parts in a 350 block. I'm looking to make a street truck. I drive 5.3 trucks at work from time to time when we get em as used cars and I'd like something to perform like that, power when I need it without major bog or lag but not a racecar. My truck is going to be a junkyard dog. Built for cheap with junkyard parts, from different engines and such. If I have to find parts from different models and put them together that's fine too. There's easily 10 junkyards within a 50 mile radius and they all have at any given time 10-30 of these trucks and even more 88-90s models. I May get a 700r4 eventually since I've rebuilt them and they're easy I could pick one up cheap.

I'm wondering what you guys' opinions would be and the pros/cons of each. Good setups for a street truck. Maybe even consider better gears. I can't even break my tires loose on wet pavement and my rears are almost bald.
Recian is offline   Reply With Quote