The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2014, 10:55 PM   #1
Budman56

Wtb 60 to 63 deluxe gauge lens needed

Hello all I am in need of lenses for 60 to 63 deluxe gauge clusters. Let me know what you want for them Please attached photos to the this post for me to look at thank you.
Attached Images

......................_____
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/
Budman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:19 AM   #2
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: Wtb 60 to 63 deluxe gauge lens needed

Let me check my inventory Alan. I may have one but not sure of the condition.

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE1964 View Post
Let me check my inventory Alan. I may have one but not sure of the condition.
Here is what I have. It is a complete tach cluster minus the speedometer. I really wanted to restore this one and I bought it from another board member. I had a customer that needed a speedometer so I took it from this one. I have no idea if any of the gauges work including the tach.

If you want it as is, I can let it go for $165.00 shipped. I really don't want to separate it at this time. I also have a couple of non working/broken speedometers I will throw in. The lens on this one does look good enough to wet sand and polish.

I am constantly looking for the 60-63 parts and will let you know if I come across a lens by itself.

Let me know

Take care,
Tom
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Budman56

thank you T-bone I just need a lens right now. I just sold one like that only on eBay and only got $375 for it totally refurbished. I wasn't too happy, Oh well that's life. I had a lens for the one that I have now but I was in the middle of reworking it and had just painted it, and walked away then came back to find out that the paint had caused the lens to spider crack, I wasn't happy, It must have been something in the paint that reacted with the plastic. So that I the reason I am on the look out for a lens now. Also I think I finally cracked the issue with being able to test gauges with out a truck take a look at this https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Attached Images

Last edited by Budman56; 03-17-2014 at 03:31 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman56 View Post
thank you T-bone I just need a lens right now. I just sold one like that only got $375 for it totally refurbished I was too happy. Oh well that's life. I had a lens for the one that I have now but I was in the middle of reworking it and had just painted it, and walked away then came back to find out that the paint had caused the lens to spider crack, I was pissed. It must have been something in the paint that reacted with the plastic. so that I the reason I am on the look out for a lens now. Also I think I finally cracked the issue with being able to test gauges with out a truck take a look at this https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
That stinks Alan. No way to save it? Are the cracks that deep that you cannot sand them out? What kind of paint are you using? I don't want to make that same mistake.

So, can you tell me more about your gauge tester? I am very interested. I am using a 0-500 adjustable pot now but it is a little cumbersome. Does your devise also test temp and amp gauges? I would be willing to work out a deal with you on my good lens if you can share the secret, or better yet make one up for me

Let me know, PM me if you prefer,
Thank you,
Tom

Old 03-17-2014, 02:43 AM   #6
Budman56

Quote:
That stinks Alan. No way to save it? Are the cracks that deep that you cannot sand them out? What kind of paint are you using? I don't want to make that same mistake.

So, can you tell me more about your gauge tester? I am very interested. I am using a 0-500 adjustable pot now but it is a little cumbersome. Does your devise also test temp and amp gauges? I would be willing to work out a deal with you on my good lens if you can share the secret, or better yet make one up for me

Let me know, PM me if you prefer,
Thank you,
Tom
FYI my name is Bud (budman) The paint I used was rust-oleum metallic finish it reacted with the plastic causing it to crack all the way thru the lens and only in the area's that I painted with that paint. that is the first time that has every happen to me. As far as the tester its simple after several failed attempts to build one with resistors, I talked to an electrical engineer and he suggested using a pot so I purchased a 0 to 200 ohm and solder it to a project board from radio shack with some of there alligator leads and a battier hook up. it will test the fuel, temp, as far as the amp I just use a battier and reverse the voltage to see if it will move. I did find out that it only works if the gauge is mounted in the panel for a ground if it out of the metal housing it wont work it has something to do with the grounding. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #7
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
FYI my name is Bud (budman) The paint I used was rust-oleum metallic finish it reacted with the plastic causing it to crack all the way thru the lens and only in the area's that I painted with that paint. that is the first time that has every happen to me. As far as the tester its simple after several failed attempts to build one with resistors, I talked to an electrical engineer and he suggested using a pot so I purchased a 0 to 200 ohm and solder it to a project board from radio shack with some of there alligator leads and a battier hook up. it will test the fuel, temp, as far as the amp I just use a battier and reverse the voltage to see if it will move. I did find out that it only works if the gauge is mounted in the panel for a ground if it out of the metal housing it wont work it has something to do with the grounding. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Sorry Bud, I have no idea where I thought your name was Alan. Thank you for the tips on the tester and the paint. I use that same paint to paint screw heads with.

If you want the lens I have, $50.00 shipped to you. I will not be able to ship it until Wednesday. If you want, send a paypal to tbonegarris@yahoo.com.

OR:
If you want to make me up a couple of the testers you made, I will do an even trade with you for the lens.

Let me know and I will get it ready to ship. PM me your address information if you are interested.

Thank you,
Tom

Last edited by TBONE1964; 03-17-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:49 PM   #8
Budman56

Quote:
Sorry Bud, I have no idea where I thought your name was Alan. Thank you for the tips on the tester and the paint. I use that same paint to paint screw heads with.

If you want the lens I have, $50.00 shipped to you. I will not be able to ship it until Wednesday. If you want, send a paypal to tbonegarris@yahoo.com.

OR:
If you want to make me up a couple of the testers you made, I will do an even trade with you for the lens.

Let me know and I will get it ready to ship. PM me your address information if you are interested.

Thank you,
Tom
I will do the trade, but I will have to order some more of the pots. so it will take a couple of weeks. I will let you know when I get it done.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:06 PM   #9
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
I will do the trade, but I will have to order some more of the pots. so it will take a couple of weeks. I will let you know when I get it done.

Hi Bud,
PM me your address and I will send you the lens. If I cannot get it in the mail before 3 pm on Thursday, then I will have to wait to ship it until March 26th. When ever you get the parts is fine.

Thank you,Tom