The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2004, 11:56 AM   #1
Nima
Blue 67

Power steering

I just bought a 1967 chevy pick up C20. I never had chevy truck before, therefore I am new in this field. The truck seems to be in good original shape although needs lots of updating/restoring. One of the first thing I am interested in is adding power steering. Is this possible? If it is, Is i difficult?. I appreciate any ideas in this regard.
Thanks.
Nima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:46 PM   #2
72gord
Never enough time!!

Welcome from Wisconsin. Not to tough to add power steering as long as you find the right donor truck for parts. You will need to find parts that are for your application...4x4 or not...the right pump and brackets from V-8 or 6 depending on what you have.
You may also need the pulley off the crankshaft damper. Hope this helps,Gord
72gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:46 PM   #3
Rakort

With a 67 there also may or may not be an issue with the frame where the gearbox mounts. As I understand it on certain 67's (early ones) there was not an appropriate indentation in the frame to allow clearance for a power gear box, only enough clearance for the manual box. This is a common upgrade on these trucks and there has been a lot of past dissussions on this board about it. Please use the search funtion and locate the past discussions to learn more. There may even be some info under the FAQS section of the board, not sure though.

Good luck

Rak

Parts for Sale: Pictures
Awesome Elec. Schematic Available: Picture
Awesome Elec. Schematic Available: Picture
Rakort is offline   Reply With Quote