The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 10:36 PM   #1
67pro-street

Attn: Mothertruckers Is A Scam-artist

I am really pissed off at Ed, the owner of Mothertruckers. I live in Washington State and I bought over $1700 worth of parts from him in November of last year. I am 17 years old, and Ed knew this. In order to make my money, I got a job and actually paid for the parts by myself without the help of my parents. Anyways, with that order, I bought 2.5-inch drop spindles for my truck, but when I went to install them, they were for the wrong year of truck. So not only did I waste my whole day as well as my uncle's day trying to swap out these spindles, but I also learned that I gave Mothertruckers a hefty tip of $269. The next day I called Ed and told him that he gave me the wrong spindles, so he asked me if I wanted to get the right ones, but I said no because I was just so mad about wasting my weekend, and I found cheaper ones with twice the quality from ECE. So Ed told me to return the spindles via UPS. Within the week, I sent the spindles. I even packed them better than Ed did when he shipped them out to me. I used those plastic air bubble things as well as newspaper wherever there wasn’t enough air bubble things. I also put on the rubber caps that go over the threads on the end of the spindles. Then I put the two individual spindle boxes into the original bigger Spindle box and sent it out. Well, I called Ed a while later and he said that he got the spindles back, but miraculously the threads were ruined on it. So he said he was going to talk to UPS about claiming his loss or whatever. Well UPS must have been pretty busy because it took Ed about a month and a half to finally “get something back from them.” During this month and a half I called ed about the reimbursement about 3 or 4 times, and he always said it would be on my next credit card statement, but whenever I called the credit card company, they said I never got it. Then finally, Ed got off hold with UPS after trying for 45 days and got his claim. But him being the responsible caring businessman that he is, didn’t even bother calling me back. So I called him and he said he was going to send me the money within the week. Well, surprise, surprise, I still haven’t gotten my money back. I never wanted to come to the message boards with this, and that is why I tried for about 4 months to talk to Ed about getting my money back. But since he obviously doesn’t care about his customers, than I will just help him out with some advertising. So in conclusion, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM MOTHER TRUCKERS. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A YOUNG KID TRYING TO PAY FOR YOU TRUCK BY YOURSELF BECAUSE HE KNOWS THAT YOU ARE THE EASIEST PREY. ED IS THE WORST BUSINESSMAN YOU WILL EVER COME BY.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:43 PM   #2
70cst

Ouch!!!

Ok Ed...I realize there is two sides to every story soooooooo...Lets hear your side of the story or else we may have to assume that 67pro-street is 100% right? If that's correct then you will have to go into the "Hall of Shame" supplier list.
What say you Ed?
Old 04-18-2004, 10:53 PM   #3
whitesswj
Embrace the Redneck

let's just remember that there IS 2 sides o Every Story.
Ed has a good rep here on the board as far as i can tell. Let's hear his side.

Son, you just can't get there from here...
Old 04-18-2004, 11:28 PM   #4
bigjimzlll

shouldn't this post been moved..or deleted or something...sure this guy might have a beef....but to flame a know "good guy" distributor just dont seem right...I mean you cant put the tooth paste back in the tube

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA
Old 04-18-2004, 11:35 PM   #5
bpmcgee

Guys,

Let's hold off commenting on this until Ed gets a chance to reply.

I had a problem with Ed a while ago, and he worked diligently to get it resolved. He deserves a chance to rebut.

Brian
Old 04-18-2004, 11:43 PM   #6
PTS Kustoms

I used to run a mail order business and yes it does take UPS a very long time to file claims. The simple soultion to your problem is to conact your credit card company with supporting documents mainly your receipt for shipping the parts back and they will more than likely credit your account. "End of Story".

Remember that if you bash someone or talk down to them, it will guarantee no cooperation or satisfaction.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:50 PM   #7
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

67 pro-street

Well, you just learned an important lesson...there are long distance problems dealing with mail order parts.
Why didn't you buy with one of the many local/Washington dealers, that you could have worked with face-to-face? After all these problems...
Your solution was to go right to another out-of-state company, and work long distance again.
I, for one, sell and stock a very complete selection of dropped suspension for our trucks. You could see it, touch it and get several options for your budget and needs.
No I am not trying to solicit your business, I am doing just fine...but why do you insist on giving your money to everyone except the people in business where you live?
Sorry for venting, but I will never understand why guys don't first support their local businesses. I get calls continuously from guys that bought all their big parts somewhere else and now they need help making them work. HELL NO! I spend my time & efforts helping my customers, the ones that buy here and live here!
Old 04-18-2004, 11:57 PM   #8
70cst

I agree...There are two sides to every story and I'm sure when Ed gets a chance to explain his side all will be worked out. The Hall of Shame are for those suppliers who constantly have bad reviews. If I was 67pro-street and this happened to me I to would not be a happy camper...but things like this do happen and that's why we must get input from both sides. This is a good place to resolve diferences to both party's satisfaction... 67pro-street has written a concern so now lets have Ed respond from his perspective...Remember...Chevy's were'nt built in a day..or...was that Rome?
Let the conflict resolutiion begin.
:p
Old 04-18-2004, 11:57 PM   #9
PTS Kustoms

Most of us do not have a local shop to see and touch parts. I notice that you and the complaintant are from the same state. Do you know this individual? I do agree that you must buy from a reputable supplier with USA made components. Stay away from foreign made parts. You will definitely be sorry!

More two cents! I buy from ECE and I have been 100% satisfied with Dave Clark, Mark, Stan, and the crew...
Old 04-19-2004, 12:20 AM   #10
rn2fine

To the 17 year old young man. I can appreciate how much work you had to do to get the $1700 to make your hard earned purchase. Sometimes vendors make honest mistakes like sending out the wrong parts. It happens often and in all types of business. And I am sure you did a great job packing up the spindles and I am sure that UPS screwed them up. This happened to me once with a really big purchase of some industrial equipment. I did not get my money back for over a month. It was a tough and frustrating education in the art of shipping stuff. I now always read the fine print and policies regarding shipping and insurance. No doubt it sounds like the vendor and the UPS folks may have been slow, but even at their fastest you may only get your money back a week or two earlier. It appears that UPS is mostly at fault based on what I have read. Vendors can do very little to speed up a claim with UPS. This is why many of the people on this board talk about it taking years to restore a vehicle. It is a long series of setbacks, trial and error, and disappointments, along with periodic victories. In the end though it is all worth it, just look at some of the trucks that you see on this site.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:27 AM   #11
Castiron9
72 LONGHORN OWNER

I have to agree with Frank here.I buy my parts locally that way if there is a problem..I know that I can talk to someone directly...Sure Frank charges more for his parts"just kidding Frank"But Hell he has quality parts and is very helpful....Ok........Ed....what's your side of the story.........P.S...Prostreet...I am with you I would be pissed off too and you have every right to vent...Try out the local vendors.........................

70-C/30 DUALLY
Old 04-19-2004, 12:30 AM   #12
bigvinnie

would like to hear the other side myself, but if what 67 says is true, there's really no excuse for failing to reimburse as was promised.... and it all started with the supplier sending an incorrect part... 2 wrongs still don't make a right.
Waiting for that other side of the story...

72 Stepside Project

Last edited by bigvinnie; 04-19-2004 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:37 AM   #13
70cst

Hey 67pro-street...Look on the bright side. If this is the worst thing that you will ever experience in life you will be a lucky young man.
Remember this...You can't appreciate the mountain tops till you go throught the valleys!
Just my .002 cents worth.
Good Luck. I'm sure all will be resolved.

Old 04-19-2004, 12:48 AM   #14
Castiron9
72 LONGHORN OWNER

Hey Ron Take a chill pill,,,,,,,,Frank was just pointing out the fact that it might be wise to do business with some one locally so that if there is a problem you have some one to talk to face to face...I don't think Frank is trying to solicite any business from this kid just trying to prove a point..I have dealt with Frank on many occasions and can tell you that he is doing just Fine Hey pro street you have a right to take your business any where you want ..............

70-C/30 DUALLY
Old 04-19-2004, 12:59 AM   #15
ryanroo

hey prostreet, thats some bad luck, sorry to hear it. i know how ya feel as i am 19 and have spent countless $$ on my truck and all of it my hard earned money as well. my advice is to never burn bridges though, maybe sometime in the future youll need a hand from this Ed fellow. always best to have another friend than another enemy. good luck
ryan
Old 04-19-2004, 01:05 AM   #16
rn2fine

I think that we are hijacking the thread here with the "buy from a local vendor" issue but I would like to comment on it anyway. I live in the Phoenix area where there are no less than 6 vendors that carry 67-72 truck parts. I have parted with approximately $15,000 to these vendors over the years. After a while I got a good feel for who had quality parts, who had good service after the sell, and who had good prices. Usually I shop for the best price but in the end that has burned me because I often found that I had sacraficed quality for a lower price and lost a ton of time returning stuff and arguing with vendors. I found some vendors were not very helpful and just wanted to make the sale. I found some vendors that were very helpful. Now I shop more for service and quality than for price or location. For example, I bought something from Frank once that none of my local vendors stocked. Frank was timely and I liked his service and product. Even though I live in Arizona I will buy out of state from Frank again. I agree with Frank that it is likely frustrating when people come to him for help after buying parts from someone else, especially if he believes that his prices and service are good. I can tell you that if someone else screwed me in a deal and another vendor (including Frank) took the time to help me I would buy from them as much as possible from that point on because of their service and as long their prices were fair (do not have to be the lowest because I am willing to pay a little more for quality and good service). But that is just me.

Last edited by rn2fine; 04-19-2004 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:17 AM   #17
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Quote:
Originally posted by Castiron9
Hey Ron Take a chill pill,,,,,,,,Frank was just pointing out the fact that it might be wise to do business with some one locally so that if there is a problem you have some one to talk to face to face...I don't think Frank is trying to solicite any business from this kid just trying to prove a point..I have dealt with Frank on many occasions and can tell you that he is doing just Fine Hey pro street you have a right to take your business any where you want ..............

hey, who's got that big "chill pill" emotion that was going around here for a while ???
I need it.....
Old 04-19-2004, 02:37 AM   #18
PTS Kustoms

Again! Call your credit card company and they will resolve this issue if all stated is true...
Old 04-19-2004, 03:22 AM   #19
68LSS1

I agree here that instead of telling 67 pro-street where he should of bought his parts or saying what Ed should do, we need to hear the other side. We don't even know if the spindles were drop shipped from the manufacturer directly or if shipped to Ed that he even opened the box (I say this as this situation has happened to me twice). I couldn't really fault the vendor for that mistake. Also there was some recent posts on LS1tech about some credit card companies not crediting refunds correctly. Another possibilty. And all that I'm saying, is we don't know the other side. And to PICKMUP:
Quote:
No I am not trying to solicit your business, I am doing just fine...
I'm glad you're doing fine. You may be a ok guy/vendor but you sort of come off a little "loud" in your post. I guess I'll take your advice and stick with the local vendors.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:40 AM   #20
Don Loverink
Account Suspended

I know UPS damage claims can take quite a while to get done, I sent a tach dash to Pennsylvania and it got there in a wrecked box and the tach dash was junk, every gauge was wrecked, the guy who bought it from me emailed me pictures, I went to the UPS store and started the paperwork, it took about a little over a month to get a check from UPS for the damaged part. The check came to me and then I had to reemburse the guy the money, stuff happens, even with the big brown trucks, but yea we need to here the rest of the story. Most vendors are honest and want to work things out for future sales, lets hope theres a happy ending here eventually.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:24 AM   #21
MOTHERTRUCKERS

67pro street you or your dad call me tollfree 1 866 755 6772 Monday afternoon or Tuesday and I will refund all your money on the damaged WESTERN spindles! UPS has refused the claim because of insuffient insurance (if you insured them I need a copy)and poor packaging, I got a check for 81.00 on Friday after months of arguing with them. They were drop shipped from WESTERN FORGE and in the conversation between your dad and you about the year it could have been my mistake on the year you wanted and I offered to send you another set at no charge. WESTERN spindles are the highest quality lifetime warranty direct bolt in spindle on the market. I have not heard from YOU but your dad has called 2 or 3 weeks ago and I told him I was waiting for UPS to make a determination on the damage. If I remember right your order came to 2100.00 and you got a pretty good discount on parts and shipping. UPS took the spindle when I filed the claim and it was their fault the threads were damaged not yours or mine, 1 was dropped on something from a very high place to cause that much thread damage. For you to come on the board without calling me is a little matter we can discuss privately over the phone.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:52 AM   #22
70cst

Now we are getting all the facts...As Paul Harvey says...Now for the rest of the story? Now I would like to hear if 67pro-street
insured the spindles and if so for how much? Is it now possible that 67pro-street is headed for the Hal of Shame. But to be fair to 67pro-street...When I was 17 I had a tendency to fly off the handle before thinking everything out. But then again I know some guys that are much, much older then 67pro-street who still fly of the andle before thinking things out. Point is this...there are many ways to resolve issues. Coming to this board was one way to get action...but I found it interesting how quickly we started to take sides before both sides were fairly heard. I stand guilty...I'm always for the little guy...but rushing to a conclusion isn't fair to the situation that is being resolved. Again this sight is perfroming a funtion that many other boards would not have been able to resolve. Life is a series of learning process. I rather be learning life's lessons driving a Chevy/GMC then a F**d. And my last .0002 cents worth...A healthy family is one who will have differences...but a healthy family will resolve differences. This being said...I want 67pro-street and MOTHERTRUCKERS/ED to win in this situation!!

Old 04-19-2004, 08:50 AM   #23
Blue Beard

Glad they replied back.......

UPS only insures to a certain value...beyond that it costs extra....

I've had orders shipped to me that were damaged....to be replaced with more of the same damaged goods done by UPS...

As far as hard earned money....now days everyone has hard earned money...
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Old 04-19-2004, 10:15 AM   #24
ts71281

But then again......... Who's to say Ed would have done anything if 67 prostreet hadn't posted this? Sometimes (and unfortunately most of the time) the little guy has to make some noise before the big guy starts listening. I've been in 67's shoes before, and it's sure funny how your money can get taken so easily, but never given back as easily. I don't think 67 was out of line at all.

Joe
Old 04-19-2004, 10:32 AM   #25
pissonNOS

How did 67 pro street get a credit card if hes only 17?