The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2004, 12:44 PM   #1
Grim Reaper

Off the redneck list!

Ya might be a redneck is more then half that vehicles in your yard do not run.

Well the 75 Jimmy has been down for a while. Couple of cylinders not firing.....Gosh my life time plug wires didn't last a lifetime.

Stupid autozone lacky actually tried to argue about them. I bought them 5 years ago...they have maybe 20k on them. 2 of them dead open. Dork points out "they are 5 years old". I point out "it was a life time part, I'm still alive, so is the truck and I still own it go get me new plug wires".

That sorted out. it runs much better. Dropped the top and drove it work. Now I am really thinking twice about putting it up for sale.

88 Burb developed a wicked brake pull on the way back from FL a week ago under hard braking with 3k of trailer with no brakes behind it. Re did the fronts a couple months back so knew the problem was in the rears. I have had new shoes sitting there for it for 6 months. I need to use the truck to pull another truck home this weekend. Been putting this off because my sloped drive. Then the waiting on the machine shop to turn the drums part...

So I bugged my buddy who is a prowrench to come over to his shop and use the lift and the brake lathe if needed. Went over there last night. Pull passengerside and plenty of lining left. Stupid adjust was frozen. Finaly ran out of travel on the wheel cylinder. Freede it up pulled otherside to check linin, it was fine. adjusted it up. It about put me thought the windshield. Aparently this has been a issue since I have owned the truck. Best brakes it ever had now. Wife called me about 30 minutes ago to tell me she just about got wiplash first time she took a stab at them. I warned her LOL.

So off the red neck list 3 out of 4 are drivers again. I'll be 3 out of 5 this weekend when the new truck gets here LOL .
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 01:26 AM   #2
Prerunner1982

thats not bad, when everyone is at the inlaws, including me and my truck, there are 12 vehicles on thier property... 6 of them run, 4 of them get driven..
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:30 PM   #3
75-K5
Bucket of Bolts

Hmm, let's see...14 cars total and 8 are functional. Whew, I was almost worried that I was a redneck
Old 04-25-2004, 10:33 PM   #4
Destructo

Hmm, we got 5 here and they all run and are licensed.

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2wd 4-banger, 5 speed, Street Pack with 3.73 axle.
Destructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:21 PM   #5
Grim Reaper

Got the 4Runner home. I'm a 5 total 3 runners. LOL. Have a couple transmissions I'm looking at for the runner so It may be a driver soon.

Guy sent me some pictures of this runner. He was honest and repeatedly tole me it has been taken a part more since thos pictures were take.....HE WAS NOT KIDDING. the inside was stripped to the steel. Dash is laying in the back. Bumper and gill out of it. Wife was thrilled LOL. It was $300 and suposidly semi fresh rebuilt engine with about 10k on it. Guy even tossed in a BRAND new front bumper still in the box LOL. Heck that was like $80 with shipping.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 02:09 AM   #6
southernmutt33

i feel out of place.....im down to just 2 vehicles an they both run...just think this time last yr i had 6 an only 2 didnt run...man will i be glad when i can finally move back home an get something up on blocks.....i feel lost with out at least 1 on blocks.....

if ya cant afford to buy it, then be hillbilly enough to build it, it's cheaper to build it anyway.....

be a man, stand up to your women an tell them your the boss, an if she dont like that, then ask her if she needs help around the house...

http://public.fotki.com/southernmutt33/

84 GMC 454, 3/4 soon to be a dually with one ton suspension.
60 1/2, lwb stepside..for sale
98 taurus, ugliest body stlye ford ever built, but dependable family car.
73 vistaliner, cab over, newest toy, reason for turnin 3/4 into 1 ton
southernmutt33 is offline   Reply With Quote