The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2004, 03:45 AM   #1
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Do we have any early Vette Knowledge here ?

I have an early front Corvette motor mount. The one that goes on the front of the Motor between the Water Pump and Block, Then crosses to the frame rails.

Does anyone have any idea what it's worth?
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:18 PM   #2
RON WOODGEARD

What, We have no Corvette knowledge on this this here ???

Is this mount so old you guys don't know what it is :p
Old 05-03-2004, 08:01 PM   #3
72C203503ONTHETREE

What years vette used that type of mount? I never had a car old enough to still use the front mounts, oldest I had was three 66 Malibus(same age as me). Look on e bay and see what simiular things are going for or find a Vette board. Also check out Hemmings motor news.

09 Challanger RT six speed in all black.

74 Datsun 710 wagon, all 1.8 liters of screaming Datsun power.

73 C10 long bed, 350/350 combo, nice shape.
72C203503ONTHETREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:38 PM   #4
RON WOODGEARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72C203503ONTHETREE
What years vette used that type of mount? I never had a car old enough to still use the front mounts, oldest I had was three 66 Malibus(same age as me). Look on e bay and see what simiular things are going for or find a Vette board. Also check out Hemmings motor news.
This mount came off of my 59 or 61 I can't remember which, I changed it out for a Chromed one back in 72. I threw it in a corner and forgot I had it. They are excellent for putting chevy engines in other applications, I used one when I put a 327 in a 60 Ford Falcon.
I checked E-bay for a few hours last night, and couldn't find anything.. Maybe the Corvette Board at Andy's Favorite spot
Chavy Talk....
Old 05-04-2004, 03:57 AM   #5
RON WOODGEARD

I found it at Ecklers Corvette parts. It's a 53-60 Lower front motor mount, Their repro, sells for $90.00

I think this one will go to ebay
Old 05-04-2004, 04:47 AM   #6
basketcase

Just found this thread. There were 2 different front mounts for the '56-'62 Corvettes. The '56 -'60 was straight across the back and the '61-62 had a half circle cut in the back to clear the plug in the top of the new style water pump.

The cut out version replaced the old straight back one as a service part and was available from GM well up into the '70s if not early '80s. I don't know what the last list price was for them but the price for the straight one when it went out of production was a whopping $3.05. I bought one in '72, the cutout style, for a spare engine for my '59 and the bill says retail price $4.10. I got a discount though.

No money in repro parts, is there? If yours is the original straight one it should be worth more than the newer cut out one. I haven't tried to buy one in 33 years since I still have that new original I never used so I don't know what they would fetch on Ebay.

Tom
Old 05-04-2004, 06:38 AM   #7
Dean

I would be interested in that mount if it is not pitted around the mounting flanges. I have a 60 & my brother has a 61. Thanks.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 12:42 PM   #8
basketcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
I would be interested in that mount if it is not pitted around the mounting flanges. I have a 60 & my brother has a 61. Thanks.
Hey. More old Corvette nuts on here. I will be using that mount in the '59 on a 350 I'm gathering parts for. The car has set for many years while I have been busy raising a family and all that but it will be running for the '59s 50th anniversary. The original will stay with the original 270 hp. I plan on driving the car a lot but not getting it NCRS judged so a few extra cubes and the 3.36 rear will get me down the road well.

BTW I'm an administrator on the Corvette Action Center . Stop by and check out our site sometime. We are having a national meet at Auburn IN the weekend of May 20-23 (see CruiseFest link on the home page). You might want to come up. You will need to register very soon to get in on the banquet at the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum. There is also a forum dedicated to the meet and related subjects for more info.

Tom Bryant