The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-05-2004, 08:24 AM   #1
sealw98

Question Electrical issue's

Last week I had a problem with my headlight switch, I traced that down to the bulb in the brake light, thanks to you guys out there. But never figured out the turn signal switch problem. Well I was trying to reground my front marker lamps after my paint job and poped the fuse for the tail lights and dash lights, The wierd thing is after that fuse poped the turn signals worked like a champ, when I replace the fuse they quit working. Do anyone have any idea of whats going on with my electrical system?
sealw98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:45 PM   #2
JimKshortstep4x4

Smile

The front marker lights not actually grounded. One of the leads connects to the park light side of the front light wiring and the other lead connects to the turn signal part of the wiring. If you ground either lead, you will have a problem.

The left side marker wiring connects as follows to the park/turn signal wiring,
blue to blue and brown to brown.

The right side marker wiring connects as follows to the park/turn signal wiring, black to blue, brown to brown. All of the wires for the markers should have been connected inside the harness. Anyway, the marker should not be grounded.

Jim
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:34 PM   #3
sneakysnake
It's a catastrophic success.

Also, the fuse holders get a little corroded roll you up some sandpaper and clean the insides
sneakysnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:54 AM   #4
sealw98

Wink

Last night I ran ground wire from the battery to each of the side marker lamps. Found out that I have a 67 front wire harness, so I spliced into the park lamp side and ran a ground to it and they work perfect. I now have my turn signals working again in fact all of the lighting is working perfect. Found out that the hot wire that operates the brake switch was on the same fuse that the park lamps was on and causing all type of problems, it was rigged any way the hot wire was just stuck into the fuse. What I did was to just move the wire to a different fuse and everything worked perfectly.
sealw98 is offline   Reply With Quote