The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2004, 02:44 AM   #1
full foot notch

help bagging the rear of the c10????

alright, bout to order the stuff to bag the rear of my C10, and im trying to decide between the triangulated super flex 4link that jason @ suicidedoors has for $349 ( http://*****************/products/4-l...rpivot_kit.htm ) or the super lift triangulated for $299 ( http://*****************/products/4-link_canti_bars.htm ), the first one i can just order, but the second one, before i can order i need to send him the measurements of the bars that i need, but ive never really set up one before, so for a triangulated 4link, where would i place the mount points, and also what will i have to cut or modify to lay frame, IE am i going to have to cut and raise any little crossmembers or the tranny tunnel on the cab, and i will most likely run either the airlift 2600 bags or some slam specialities bags

and yes i would search, but the search function aint worth an ish on this new board

its one of those, i would like the super pivot so i can hit some sides, but i also want the super lift one so i can tuck some big rims
full foot notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 02:47 AM   #2
full foot notch

oh yeah, also going to be running a 10 inch notch kit and bridge kit from suicidedoors
full foot notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:41 AM   #3
KutThroatKustoms
drag body or die

You dont need a 10" notch unless you wanna tuck a 24 or 26. I believe a 24 will even fit under a 8" notch with the right tire.. goto my page and put in your tire size (ignore the notch part, just look at tire diameter at the bottom) to see how tall your tires are www.kutthroatkustoms.com/wheel%20calc.html .

you can't properly setup anything but a parallel 4 link, b/c its too narrow to the get the correct angle. Well you can setup a triangled, but your bars wont be bent enough and you'll have to run a panhard, defeating the purpose of a tri-angled 4 link (the bars are suppose to be turned enough to not need a panhard or any other device).

I'm not sure what you have to cut, but i'm sure you have to trim in the tunnel for the driveshaft and the crossmember in front of the rear end will probably need notched (i recommend you rebuild it out of some box if you're thinking of sticking a 4 link mount there so it doesnt rip your stocker apart).

You can use the super pivots and get high lift. It just allows the bars to move easier and doesnt bind like bushings do in certain movements.

Airlift 2b7 is an excellent bag, nothing but compliments, rides EXCELLENT. Only reason you'd wnana go with a slam is for lift, but your shocks are gonna stop you before you get the 11" of lift the slams give, unless you have some really big shocks, but then you gotta someway to mount those huge suckers. Well lemme clarify that. If you use it in a lever setup, it will max way before the 22" of lift (2:1 ratio).. you can get ~15-17 give or take, depending shock location of lift with just a 2b7. Slam isnt needed unless you just want it. IF you ride over axle, then yeah, get the slames, but they'll ride like crap b/c of all of the air in them to get 11" of lift.

Last edited by KutThroatKustoms; 05-12-2004 at 11:47 AM.
KutThroatKustoms is offline   Reply With Quote