The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-14-2004, 02:10 AM   #1
tommygfunk
tommy . master of madness

urgent please read!!!!!

Urgent! Please read, urgent
Hey this was sent to me via my email.
Send it to everyone you know. I don't care who it is. We are going to do this.
Let’s take back America! Don't buy gas on 5/19!!!
iT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR ASS ". DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?
REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS; MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC.AND PIZZA HERE IS NOW .75 A SLICE. WHO PAYS IN THE END?
WE DO! WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.
SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
Don't buy gas on 5/19
BOICOT
tommygfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:30 AM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Like what was said on the general discussion board yesterday on the same topic, that won't hurt anyone at all.
So you fill up on the 18th or the 20th...they still sold you 20 gallons of fuel.
Who comes up with these stupid ideas? (I know it wasn't you) I got the same e-mail and responded with pretty much what I just typed here.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:00 AM   #3
adamls
Gotta Startem Early

Drive a yugo if you dont like it. I drive a truck because I like it, not for fuel economy. If I wanted that I would be driving a focus. Suck it up, gas is cheap compared to other countries and other items in this world namely water ($1.00/20 ounces = $6.40/gallon, for water)
Old 05-14-2004, 11:43 AM   #4
cdowns

i don't see anything URGENT in this post !!!!
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:07 PM   #5
68 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamls
Drive a yugo if you dont like it. I drive a truck because I like it, not for fuel economy. If I wanted that I would be driving a focus. Suck it up, gas is cheap compared to other countries and other items in this world namely water ($1.00/20 ounces = $6.40/gallon, for water)
Or be smart and get your truck to get good gas mileage. Then you dont have to "suck it up" as much
Old 05-14-2004, 12:12 PM   #6
tommygfunk
tommy . master of madness

Unreal, that’s all, just unreal, this really amazes me. And thank you longhorn man, for not blasting me like some others have. I never said it would work, but motorcycle riders don’t have to wear helmets here, but we have to wear safety belts…why… because they protested and got there voices noticed.
And yes I drive a firkin huge truck + a smaller one and a really, really big car. + a little bitty eagle talon.
tom
tommygfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:36 PM   #7
1968GMC
love my truck

I agree with adamls 100%
1968GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:37 PM   #8
Longhorn Man

Tommy, i rarely try to make things personal...sometimes i sound like I am, but a rarely intend it.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:26 PM   #9
72C203503ONTHETREE

The only way to get lower prices is to either take over all the oil producing countries(wont happen) or get our own oil from our own land, probably wont happen due to the wackos. Wait till Kerry gets in(if he does, hope not) he wants to raise gas taxes 50 cents. He allready voted to do that but luckily it was voted down.

09 Challanger RT six speed in all black.

74 Datsun 710 wagon, all 1.8 liters of screaming Datsun power.

73 C10 long bed, 350/350 combo, nice shape.
72C203503ONTHETREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:08 AM   #10
gmc71

I just paid $2.12 for a gallon of 87 octane! It has gone up at least .30 this week. These prices are crazy.
gmc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:19 AM   #11
GSFMECH
On the road

Yep, prices are crazy. All this because the oil companys want to drive the price up, believe me they are not hurting. If they took the stupididy and excess out of drilling for the stuff it would cost a nickle a gallon. I have worked for an offshore drilling contractor for the last 25 years, so I know what it takes to drill for the stuff. It ain't cheap to get oil, but I think what we are seeing now is greed. I can't complain I guess after all it is my bread and butter. My .02
GSFMECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:58 AM   #12
sam's 72

First off I want to say that I am not defending the oli companys at all. But here is one of the issues with high gas prices. The government is constantly putting the squeeze on these oil companys over pollution. They are forceing these companys to do things that cost a lot of money to the company. I know this cause I work for an oil company and I operate process units, and we are constantly in training behind all the new laws that the government is forceing down on these companys. They want these companys to have 0 emissions. That is right 0! That makes it hard to operate on a fixed cost. So what the oil companys are doing, they are passing down the extra cost to operate to us. This is my opinion on this. mean while, over seas, the rifineries over there do not have all of these constrants on them. This is why these same companys are packing up shop and moving over seas. So not only is the government hurting us at the gas pumps behind this, we are also looseing jobs behind this. You have some right wing activists wanting to shut all the plants down, due to emissions. I am not saying lets polute the air on purpose. But in order to keep jobs and keep cost down, the government is going to have to stop forceing these company to do some of the things they are forceing them to do. It is unbelieveable. One thing that we have to do now. Is crush arolsol cans, when we empty a can of WD-40, we have to take it to the can crusher, put it in the crusher, it pocks a whole in it, the as it is crushing the can, what is left in the can is smashed out and goes to a drum, when the drum is full, it has to get deposed of. This machine cost like 5 grand, they have about 12 of these machine around the site. This is just one of the new laws that have come in effect. Now how do you think they pay for this extra cost? They damn sure are not going to let it cut into thier profits, they just pass this on to us.
Sam
Old 05-15-2004, 01:07 AM   #13
rickspickuppart
Account Suspended

everyone in the country walking to work for a month or 2 is the only way to hurt the oil companys; one day means nothing to a company that reports a loss, but made more this year than the previous year.

remember: the fuel that increased in price last night, was the same fuel in the underground tank before they raised the price.

I hope that made sense

Shawn

Last edited by rickspickuppart; 05-15-2004 at 01:16 AM.
rickspickuppart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 06:18 AM   #14
Longhorn Man

And like I said to my wife..."There is NO FRIGGEN WAY I am walkin to work...that's it, case closed, end of story."
Old 05-15-2004, 08:18 AM   #15
68 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
And like I said to my wife..."There is NO FRIGGEN WAY I am walkin to work...that's it, case closed, end of story."
Buy a Bike?
Old 05-15-2004, 01:45 PM   #16
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Can't recall which "expert" was on the tube the other day, but he mentioned a couple things.

One, there's a global economy, and even if we produced all our own oil, when the world price goes up, our price also goes up. Britain discovered this several years back by producing all their oil, and when world prices increased, so did theirs, by a like amount.

Two, China is beginning a huge economic expansion, and gobbling up huge amounts of fuel, with the expected result on the world's production.

Unfortunately, there's no escaping the laws of supply & demand.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:21 PM   #17
68 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker

Unfortunately, there's no escaping the laws of supply & demand.
We can manipulate it by demanding less
Old 05-15-2004, 04:19 PM   #18
whitesswj
Embrace the Redneck

Exclamation

I can't quite understand the world's rising price hike but i do know that i love my truck and i don't plan on driving any less or more. Yes, when my wifey and i go on a trip or one that's long distance we take the Goobermobile (minivan) and we get 50% more gas MPG. Her Voyager gets about 25 on the interstate and 16 in town. my truck gets 10, 11 on a good day. That's why i'm going to do just what 68 Sub said, "be smart and get your truck to get good gas mileage" except we can't get our trucks to get GOOD milage, but we can get better. I'm getting making my truck run cooler - better mpg - less noise when going down the road - means aerodynamics which is better mpg - keep the oil changed every 3k, change the air and gas filters every 10k, get a better fuel pump and put a fuel pressure regulator on so i'm using less gas, get a return line back to the tank reuse some of that fuel, put the tailgate down when i can, keep the tires rotated and balanced, keep the alignment on the front end up to spec, keep the tires aired up.roll the windows down and turn the ac off, turn the engine off when at long stop lights or rail crossings, all of these things add up to about 5 mpg more a gallon than the regular 11 or 12 mpg. thats 100 miles more for every 20 gallons of gas. Also, i've got a motorcycle that i've got to get fixed up - there's a savigns on gas!! Can i hear amen. Instead of Downing the rising prices let's take action to use less gas, the demand goes down, and thus prices might reflect that. Do your part , call your congressman ask him to lower the 50 cents that you're paying on every gallon of gas you use now. But remember the cost of living has to go up at some time I guess now is the time. my.02

Son, you just can't get there from here...
whitesswj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:36 PM   #19
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Suburban
We can manipulate it by demanding less
Christopher, I couldn't agree with you more! And let me add, beware of higher fuel taxes (are you listening, Mr. Kerry?). Europe is well known for very efficient, high mpg vehicles, as well as for very high fuel costs due to very high fuel taxes.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:59 PM   #20
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

I am wondering if this shouldn't be in the political section. there are a LOT of issues to be discussed on this subject. just my $.02
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 12:00 AM   #21
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

87 octane just went to $2.05 here, filled the S-10 for $25.00. Still better than the guys with the 4X4's. I don't want to pay that much but hasn't our prices been cheaper than in other countries. As far as gettin' a nation wide boycott it would never happen. As a country nobody could agree to do it. It is a good thought! I got to buy it to go to work, so I can work to buy it!! LOL!!!! There is no easy solution to this problem except deal with it till the price comes down. If it does!!!
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:26 PM   #22
72C203503ONTHETREE

Sams72-It would be a radical left winger that wants zero emmissions, the liberals are the big environmental wackos.

09 Challanger RT six speed in all black.

74 Datsun 710 wagon, all 1.8 liters of screaming Datsun power.

73 C10 long bed, 350/350 combo, nice shape.
72C203503ONTHETREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 03:46 PM   #23
rn2fine

I live in the area of western Phoenix. My wife and I drive modest and fuel efficient cars to and from work. We only take out our beautiful 72 Burb when the whole family is going somewhere like church or on an outing. I have done my best to get good mileage out of the Burb (15 mpg). Our cars get in the 20s and 30s. What really irks me is nearly everyone else in my neighborhood drives around with just one passenger in super sized vehicles such as Hummer H2s ... I see soccer moms going hitting the road in Crew Cab F350 4x4s with big blocks, with only ONE person inside. No doubt, I love big ol American Iron Trucks, but to drive one everyehere by everyone like most people in my neighborhood seems silly. A study conducted over 10 years ago indicated that drivers in Phoenix burned 2 million gallons of gas a day. Now I am sure that it is closer to 4 or 5 million gallons of gas PER DAY. Fuel efficient cars are not the automakers best sellers. Something needs to change or we are going to end up like some places in Europe, paying over $8 a gallon.

Last edited by rn2fine; 05-16-2004 at 03:53 PM.
rn2fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:15 AM   #24
PTS Kustoms

I agree with what everyone is saying and I especially do not like Kerry's idea of a gas tax hike but lets all remember who we vote for in the future especially at a state level. If you do not vote, then Register!!! Please do not go to your local vendor that sells gas and make rude gestures. Gas stations make very little($0.05 per gal avg) on fuel and worse we pay a percentage to swipe a credit card when a consumer buys fuel. For example if gas sells for $2.00 a gallon and the credit card company charges at a minimum 1.54% the credit card company then makes $0.03 per gallon or worse some charge 2.50% and they make $0.05 per gallon. Point being is that the damn third-party billing companies are as crooked as the oil companies and politicians if not worse and hell they are all probably connected. Sorry for rambling on...

One more thought! The credit card companies then charge you the consumer a very large fee on what you owe. Now whos making the money!!!!

Last edited by PTS Kustoms; 05-17-2004 at 01:18 AM.
PTS Kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:43 AM   #25
JayDubBlazer
go cyclones

i'm buying a prius

PROJECT OLE GREEN

1972 Blazer 4X4 350/700R4
2017 Silverado LT
JayDubBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote