The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2004, 02:04 PM   #1
Bowtie67

Freaking Oil Leaks

I posted my truck about a week or so ago when I was finally able to drive it out of the garage for the first time since last fall. I had some minor issues well I should say some were minor, one was a real pain in the A$$, thanks to a defect in the manifold that it wasnt sealing on the intake to the back of the block, seams the machined process was off by about 3/8 of an inch, The first time firing it up wasn't to bad I must of put somewhat of enough silicone back there so it only leaked a minor bit and I figured there must have been some oil back there when I put it together the first time, so I pulled everything and this time I made sure everything was clean and put a good bead of silicone down there again, I gave it some fair time to cure abit before really torqueing and putting everything back together, Leaked like a Freaken Faucet, so now I'm ticked I rip everything apart and I'm looking at the block and here is my RTV I layed down that I have always down before and it had never touched the intake (what the FCK) I pull another manifold I have and I measure everything out the rear of the new manifold is over 3/8 of an inch off from the china wall. In the mean time of trying to get this thing running properly I screwed with the Fuel Injection to get this thing running the way it should, it had been getting a little better but was no way near anything I should have thought it would run. I go cool down from my second attempt of fixing that oil leak and then go back at it again, this time I layed the beads on the back of the intake where it is gonna hit the block and on the block and let it setup over night. Finished putting it all together this morning and I got a copy of a map for my fuel injection from another guy with a simular engine setup. Take it for a ride, I smoke the tire through first shifting into second at about 5000rpm still smoking the tires in second untill this thing hits about 5000rpm again and then it's like someone put a shot of nitrous in this thing my trucks starts going sideways and I have to back off. Now thats how I thought it should run!!! & No more freaking oil Leaks

2009 Toyota Tundra
1996 Harley RoadKing

"I maybe getting old, but I can still burn rubber with the best of them"
Bowtie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 02:21 PM   #2
'70_402

sweeeeettt..... that is what these trucks are for right there!! i bet you couldn't pry that smile off of your face!!!!!
'70_402 is offline   Reply With Quote