The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2004, 02:48 PM   #1
Russell
Professional Grade

Thumbs down Just a small rant

<rant on>

Argh, anyone else hate it when their truck has a problem and everyone tells them to sell it and buy a freakin little Honda?!

Makes me so mad, my truck motor blows a gasket "Sell it, go get a little car" "your truck sucks anyways"

NO DUH, why else do you think I'm working on it?! I don't care if it costs me a lot of money, when all is said and done for, my truck will be just as good if not better than most any vehicle out there, for a quarter of the price too! Not everyone can go out and buy a 50 000 dollar Duramax, I'd much rather spend 15 - 20 thousand, and get a truck that will haul just as much, and go twice as fast doing it, with the ability to say -- Hey, I built that, how much have you done on your 50 000 dollar duramax?

Ugh, I dunno if anyone else gets this too, but it annoys the heck outta me, no way I'm gonna sell my pride and joy for some little honda just because I blew a gasket somewhere, or becuase it runs a little rough when its cold, I'd much rather put 3500 into my 355 and put that in than spend 3500 on a stupid little ugly car that I'd be embarrassed to drive!!

<rant off>

Anyways, what would cause a truck to decide to run like a peice (one or two cylinders firing only) until you get up to about 1500 RPM, just to have the truck run good afterwards?

And does anyone have a set of 5.7 Vortec heads they can give to me cheap? My heads are tickin a bit as well...