The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2004, 04:48 PM   #1
earnhardt221

HEY GUYS CHECK THIS OUT 1970 chevy crew cab?

Hey Guys i just seen a 1970 chevy crew cab.I never hear of chevrolet making them.It's in a magazine called TRUCK BUILDER.It's the June 2004 issue.It has a old yellow pick-up on the cover.If you turn to page 82 they show a good shot of it.I read a little of the story.It said that chevrolet made only a few of them for the U.S. Forestry and some went to the Railroad company's. I would love to have 1 of them. Just thought i would share the interesting information.

Thanks Tom
earnhardt221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:31 AM   #2
ghetocrewzer
Account Suspended

Chevrolet didn't actually build them on the assembly lines, but they were built for the forestry industry. They used another set of front doors and moved the rear cab wall back then built filler panels where needed. The post between the front and rear door was kinda ugly, looked like a big triangle. Also airports had Suburbans stretched with a bunch of doors, they were huge. Pro Design Hotrods just rebuilt one of the old crewcabs, I think it's the one you saw in the mag. They used a shortbed on it, reworked the door post, used suburban/truck window post to get rid of the big triangle filler. That thing is awesome.
ghetocrewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 05:18 PM   #3
crews
It just doesn't matter

ghettocruizer you are correct...But they also made these for railroads as well. They were contracted out to one of several conversion companies and then delivered to the dealers. the 72 I used to own ( and will again soon ) appeared to have been built for private consumption as it was fairly well optioned. It had a 402/ auto/ ps/ pdb/ aftermarket AC/ and two tone paint with all of the trim. It is also a GMC, so that makes it a little more rare. I agree that the triangle piece is not nearly as astheticaly appealing as the one that the guys are building at Pro Designs...but after the 'Burb they built would you expect anything less???? Those guys have done a great job with that truck. Someone else is working on a crew cab dually that is laid out on bags and 19's ( which for a dually is pretty big hoops)....Thye last magazine pic I saw of it , it was in primer....

If you don't like me- TAKE A NUMBER; There are people ahead of you!!
crews is offline   Reply With Quote