The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-18-2004, 11:05 PM   #1
sixty8chev
The Sauz

Got a New truck

Looks like I'm gonna be on your guys board a bit more often now
I just bought a 79 3/4 ton 4by, 44 in the front and I think a full floater 14 bolt in the back, 4.10 gears, 350 with a 4 speed,np205, camper package, with lot of free rust for only 400 bucks,
the cab needs basically replacing, but luckily my buddy has a spare one sittin in his front yard, and the clutch only sits about a 2 inches from the floor.
So the questions will start right here, can someone verify from the pics that i've got the back axle identified right, also this is my first manual truck,so is there any way to adjust the clutch in these, or should i just go lookin for a new one, and how much trimming am i going to have to do to fit 35's with a 3 inch body lift in it?,
She don't look like much now, but I'll keep the pics comin as she gets built in the next few weeks
Attached Images

01 Sierra - Daily Driver (for now)

Last edited by sixty8chev; 07-05-2004 at 06:57 PM.
sixty8chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 11:26 PM   #2
Russell
Professional Grade

Most definitly a 14 bolt out back, very tough rear end... As far as the clutch goes, you may have a broken clutch, or the throwout bearing may be shot... You'll probally have to replace it. Either that, or you can check under the dash and make sure that there are still two springs holding the clutch pedal up, and that they are in good shape yet.

You should try taking that truck to the local mud hole, with those tall skinny tires and 4x4, you'll probally do pretty good I'm not too sure about this, but I do believe you can fit those tires on without trimming the fender if you do the 3" body lift.

Overall a pretty solid looking truck, less rust than I have!
Old 06-18-2004, 11:51 PM   #3
plumbcut
california fill

we have a criminal on our hands. you stole that truck!

pc
plumbcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 02:38 AM   #4
sixty8chev
The Sauz

I'll take a picture of the floor and the drivers side soon, then you'll get to see what the great white north can create for rust, it's pretty much gone right to wear the seat mounts to the floor, but the box and front clip are relatively rust free so I think i got somethin good to start with once i get the cab replaced
01 Sierra - Daily Driver (for now)
sixty8chev is offline   Reply With Quote