The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2004, 02:34 PM   #1
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Interstate observation....

On Saturday, July 3rd, I was on my way to Texarkana, TX. While on the way, I noticed a 67-72 in the right lane. As I got closer, it had Pennsylvania tags, and was a green GMC. I'm not real good on identifying WHICH model of GMC it was, but it looked like a decent truck to be from Pennsylvania. Either it was a transplant, or an "Uncle Daniel", but it wasn't bad looking, at all. It was a LWB, and appeared to be basically stock and straight.

Going today to look at a '69 Custom/10, LWB, 350/400, A/C, P/S, 88K 1-owner, white truck. Gonna take some pix. The truck is in the possession of a guy who bought it from the original owner's widow (I know, I know, not a one-owner), but he hasn't titled it, so it's still in the name of the original owner. I may not buy it, but I gotta see it.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:37 PM   #2
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Okay, it's not a Custom/10. It's a C/10, but it was pretty loaded, when it was new. It's got the engine/tranny combo listed above. It's a factory tach dash WITH speed warning. It has air and power steering, but no power brakes. The body is LWB, and has the original white paint. Interior is blue (seat cover and door panels, which are metal, not vinyl). It has whitewall tires, and original wheel covers. There is some rot in the rockers, but there are NOS rockers to go with it. The bed is really nice, not perfect, but it had a cover on it from new, with indoor/outdoor carpet on the metal floor. The bed is still white, under the carpet and the inside bed walls are very, very nice. There are 88K miles on the odometer. It has a non-working AM radio and a CB (don't know if it works or not). The blue dash pad is very, very nice. The original owners paperwork, title and dealer delivery ticket is included, all dating from '69. The glass is good. The truck has upper/lower bodyside moldings, and what looks like the CST molding on the tailgate, but it doesn't have woodgrain. It may have had it at one time, but it isn't on it now. Teh bodyside molding is very nice, but there is one small ding in the tailgate piece. The spare tire looks like it is original to the truck, and the hanger is still in place. It has had new points, condenser, rotor and cap with plugs changed, too. The carburetor is a Holley, on the original spreadbore intake. It has an oil bath air cleaner (big ole hunka stuff). New alternator and starter, too. The widow of the man who bought it new was all too happy to let all the papers and stuff go with it. But, somebody needs to buy this truck. It's too nice to chop up, but somebody might seriously consider chopping a foot out of the rails and make a SWB truck out of it and put a short bed on it. It is that nice! I have pictures, if anyone wants to see. The guy is asking $4000 and it's in central Arkansas.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote