The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2004, 08:02 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done?

I actually worked on my truck(s) this weekend. I started by cleaning out my garage a bit. It needs an extreme make-over, but for now it's organized enough that I can work. I bought another wrench set so I spent some time organizing my new tool box too.

Here's the list-

02 F-150- I needed to move it from the back of the garage so I could get my 77 back there. It had an inch of dust on it so it got a complete detail. CI waxed the paint, cleaned all the windows, and shined all the chrome-

02 GMC- It's been sitting waiting for me to get it on the market. It got a wash job and the carpet cleaned. I replaced the old floormats with a new set, and replaced the defective center caps on all the wheels. All it needs is one armrest recovered and it's ready for a new owner.

04 Dodge- I washed it twice (it rained) and detailed the interior.

77 Chevy- I moved it to the back of the garage since it would be imobile for a while. Put it up on jack stands and pulled all the wheels. I got half of the undercarriage cleaned. I pulled the rear shocks and put a fresh coat of paint on them. I'm heading back out now to start polishing the wheels....

What did y'all get done?????
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
BaggedC10
Under construction!

Worked Friday and Saturday. I've been lying in bed all day today (Sunday).

I graduated a year early from high school on Wednesday.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:57 PM   #3
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Ordered a new air dam. Should be here this coming week!!! The K10 air dam is shot.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:11 PM   #4
Grande Rojo
paper or plastic?

I had to pull my new tranny I just put in. The builder gave me the wrong TQ converter it was a stock stall and I need at least a 2300-2800.

Worked on a couple of GM fenders for my truck the one's on there now are aftermarket Asian Crap . They fit OK but not good enough for me. So I will re-do my whole front clip.

Then I washed the wifes Caddy and mowed the yard
Grande Rojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:14 PM   #5
n2billet
Village Idiot....

Bought another stinking car, this time in Alabama. Loaded up the truck and trailer at 1pm on Friday and by 11:30 that night I was at the roach motel after 713 long miles, Saturday morning loaded up and drove like a mad man trying to get home so I could have some sort of weekend. Sunday morning up extra early to wash borrowed (new) truck and aluminum trailer and returned to owner. The best part about all this? I got to look inside this guys ( borrowed truck owner) garage,What's so special about this? Look at this months Street Rodder, Goodguys and Street Rod Builder, he's on the cover of two and center poster fold out on the other, all these with three different cars! I was in heaven.......
n2billet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:21 PM   #6
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2billet
Bought another stinking car,.......The best part about all this? I got to look inside this guys ( borrowed truck owner) garage...... I was in heaven.......
And the pics are where ????? I know who's garage it was, and I want pics of that too. That man has waaaay to many nice toys. I think he should share :p
Old 07-11-2004, 09:26 PM   #7
SanitysBane

i almost got red running again, installed the 88 sending unit, and lines, installed a new rear u-joint, and installed my switch for the eltric fuel pump, maybe by tomo i can put ol' red back on the road again and do some testing, a.k.a. big smoky donuts.
SanitysBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:36 PM   #8
n2billet
Village Idiot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX
And the pics are where ????? I know who's garage it was, and I want pics of that too. That man has waaaay to many nice toys. I think he should share :p
No pictures this time, he has the new "American Hot Rod" car in there and it doesn't air until September so it's under cover so to speak.... The other cars.... will simply make you cry....... he has a 34woody that I've never seen, said he retired it after it made top 25 at three shows.......real nice car.

The garage is better than most homes around here but I don't think he would like me taking pictures of his "Toy Box" and putting them on the internet.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:50 PM   #9
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

installed a stereo and have been listening to it through the only speakers i have in the truck right now, the small tweeters in the dash haha!
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 10:12 PM   #10
Destructo

Worked on the Suzuki Samurai! Picked up some 50 dollar 31x10.5" tires for it on saturday and finished up the brakes this afternoon and took her for a spin through the woods and got a little muddy.
Attached Images

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2wd 4-banger, 5 speed, Street Pack with 3.73 axle.
Destructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 10:48 PM   #11
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I finished painting my house (finally!), and cleaned up my garage a lot. I put up some shelves, and trying to get all of my cans of bolts and screws in some kind of order.

I did drive teh Blazer around the block today. I scored a set of grey leather 95 Chevy ext. cab seats on Friday for my favorite price, free. I will try to get them mounted and play with the stereo now that I can actually move around the truck a little bit.

Oh, the 82 went to it's new home on Friday evening. Been so hectic I forgot that part....

Last edited by Jonboy; 07-11-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 10:51 PM   #12
Russell
Professional Grade

I broke my carb :P

Now I need to either find a TPI setup and get it runnin this week, or go spend a couple hundred bucks on an Edelbrock 1401...
Old 07-11-2004, 11:16 PM   #13
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Quote:
Bought another stinking car, this time in Alabama...
Like you needed another one.....
You traveled to Alabama and didn't even call! I am upset Where in Alabama were you?
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:54 PM   #14
soleeagle

I didnt do much on Saturday, But I spent all day today at the Super Chevy Show in Indy untill the rain came in. Met a few of the board members also at the show.

'85 Chevy Silverado 4X4
'91 Chevy 4X4 Suburban

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/545941
soleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:45 AM   #15
crossy
Oh,you can't buy that new

Vacation week,
Mon.=night , resprayed roof on 75.
Tuesday-Wed. = Jersey shore.
Thurs. = bought 71 Malibu I saw on way home from shore.
FRi=Fiddled with Mailbu & 75 truck.
Applied the 'roll on' bedliner to the 75 ,
Sat. early yard work then Family reunion in Central Jersey with SEVERAL crown & cokes. (wifey drove home).
Sun. Bustin my a$$ all day on the lot i bought so i can park even more unfinished project trucks on.. sweating out the Crown.
Tomorrow i am getting new mmags for the 75. Ar-23's. white letters or not????
DAVE
98 Vortec project.
94,3500,6.5L 4L80
81 SWB GMC POS finally gone
73 Pinto, stock, w/CragarSS's-eww
LOTS of Cummins trucks.
crossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 06:57 AM   #16
n2billet
Village Idiot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captkaos
Like you needed another one.....
You traveled to Alabama and didn't even call! I am upset Where in Alabama were you?
I thought about it but for the life of me I couldn't remember where you lived, anyway I went to Boaz.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:04 AM   #17
Nvbowtie

Waxed my truck, installed some of my goodies like tail lights, tail gate band....
1988 Chevy Blazer Tahoe
Nvbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:08 AM   #18
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossy
..... white letters or not????
DAVE
I vote not
Old 07-12-2004, 10:29 AM   #19
76sierraclassic

Saturday morning my dad came over to help me fix an outside faucet before I have siding put on my house this week. He also brought his extension ladder over so that I could cut a few limbs off of some of the trees close to my house. That was a job!!! It was way too hot outside to be doing that kind of stuff, but it's good to get it done.

While my dad and I were working on the faucet, my mom and my wife took my '76 shopping. They came back home and mom told me that when she came back out of the store there was a huge puddle of antifreeze under the front of my truck. I knew I had a small leak, but that proved that it was getting worse. So Saturday afternoon (after resting a while) I went out and found that the inlet in the top of the radiator coming from the heater core was bent and had broken loose to the point where it would almost spin around. Dad came back over and helped me solder it back in place, but I still have a leak somewhere. I've got to try to figure that out this week.

Mike
76sierraclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:49 AM   #20
Grim Reaper

Two weeker for me. I was on Vacation last week so wasn't loging in much. As usual for me it was a working vacation.
Friday a week ago was get tires on Honda, Smog the 86 Toyota 4Runner I bought the previous week, Stand in line for a tag. How that thing passed emmisions I do not know. I am still chasing a problem in it. It's been throwing codes for O2, AFM and TPS. TPSwas bad for sure and I'm not so sure there isn't a problem with the new TPS. I had to screw with the AFM to get it to run at all. The mixture is off and causing it to throw a O2 code even with a new O2 sensor. Will have a New TPS ordered tonight. Tried a reman AFM and ran worse then my tampered with AFM. on this one.

Took the week off to rebuild the transmission in the 4Runner and work on the Airstream. took 3 days to rebuild the 5 speed but it works perfect. I tell you what, moving around that aluminum cased tranny and transfer case was sure a lot easier then the TH350 and NP203 in the 75! I used ratchet straps to lift the tranny and case together up as high as I could. Couple jack stands under the cross member and bench pressed the thing in without much trouble at all. The whole combo was around 120lb. That sure beats the 200+ pinunds that 203 case weighs alone!

Rebuilding the tranny cost $200 in parts and I bought a chap Harbor freight 12 ton press onsale for $99 and a couple gear pullers for a grand totale of $150 in new tools. The local gear shop gets $900 top rebuild that tranny.

Did some of the trim work in a batroom we are wrapping up a remodle on.

Cleaned out the growing collection of cloathing and trash from myu wife and two daughters in 2 of our cars. The list included 4 sweaters, 17 pullup's (unused) that are too small, 4 door pockets stuffed full of trash, 3 game boy cartredges the oldes lost her mind about and accused wife of tossing. Wife gets to go ape **** on her next week when kid gets home for vacation at G-mas. Didn't have a chance to vacuum them out.

Washed the 88 Burb and plan to throw a coat of wax on it tonight when I get home.

Productive week but never did get to work on the Airstream.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:49 AM   #21
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Quote:
I thought about it but for the life of me I couldn't remember where you lived, anyway I went to Boaz.
I am in Birmingham. I am a little over an hour from Boaz. What place did you get the new purchase, and..... Where are the pics?
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:04 PM   #22
low 84

i bought some motorcycle parts, nothing on the truck

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:02 PM   #23
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleeagle
I didnt do much on Saturday, But I spent all day today at the Super Chevy Show in Indy untill the rain came in. Met a few of the board members also at the show.
I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING I WAS GOING TO DO THIS WEEKEND! DAMNIT!

i got a call on my lunch on Friday from a friend of mine telling me she wanted to race her mini stock Mustang on Saturday. she asked if i would help get it going. i get over there about 6:00 Friday night, find that there is a block with 4 pistons in it sitting on the floor. a pile of parts, and a pile of bolts. so i started assembling. i got the longblock done about 3am, and was contemplating going home, but she gave me the puppy dog eyes, and told me she realll wanted to race it. so i pushed on, finally at about 4pm, we had the engine in, and everything hooked up, but it wouldnt turn over. loaded it on the trailer to make registration, even though it hadnt moved under its own power yet. got to the track about 6:00, after having stopped and bought a new starter for it. put new starter in, discovered a dead battery (had been trying to start it with the battery charger on it, 50a jump start mode). we were going to try and charge the battery off the one in her tow rig with some jumper cables. when i opened the hood, i discovered a dual terminal battery. BINGO! no more battery problems. after that we discovered that the timing belt was a few teeth off, fixed that, and the car fired right up. a little tweaking of the timing and she was good to go, with 4 laps left in the heat that was before hers to spare. didnt get home until 2am, then got up at 10 and brought my 1 ton axles home, and shipped my C10 frame to my buddy's house. then just loafed around the house for the rest of the day. not feeling real well today, so i came home from work early. i havent checked the boards since Friday... man i missed you guys!
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:54 PM   #24
Beyond

Sounds like Jeremy should get the weekend thrash award!

I didn't get much done, worked most of the weekend. I did finally find the miss in my Dually, then spent most of the evening Sunday working on the Nova getting the bumpers prepped for painting, changing the shock settings, misc. tinkering.
1987 454 Dually Crew Cab
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:05 PM   #25
apstguy
LED King

I put on the rebuild carb and tried to get it going and got mad - Next day tried to fix a leaking gas line but it is broken - Modified the ash tray so now it is just a big rectange I also started to polish it. Timed the Honda and fiddled with the carb some more.

1985 C10 305 w/ Bowtie OD TH700R4 3.42 LSD 202,000 miles
2006 Ford Focus ZX3 5-speed Stick
2016 Chevy Spark EV
Gone: 2002.5 VW GTI 24v VR6
Gone: 2008 VW R32
apstguy is offline   Reply With Quote