The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-22-2004, 06:55 PM   #1
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Kickpanel Speakers

There has been some question in the near past about the kickpanel speaker install, I have had mine well over a year, and just installed them. I have a decent pair of Blaupunkt speakers in them, There again, I don't remember which ones they are, But they're not the top of the line. Somewhere in the middle of the quality range.

Whoever It was a while back in a thread, said the Kick Panel speakers made the stereo sound like ****, has crappy speakers.. and it doesn't matter where you put crappy speakers, They are still going to be crappy.. Put some very good speakers in the Kick panels, I would go Excellent Quality three ways, Then round them out with a pair of tweeters, Mount the tweeters Somewhere on the dash, or mount them behind the mirror to image off of the windshield, And run the speaker wires under the dash rubber down to the dash as to hide them. I think you guys that refuse to cut and want a reasonable sound will be very happy with them.
I also think that a Pair of Kick panel speakers, with a good pair of aftermarket ones where the factory had them under the dash could be a very reasonable compromise of not wanting to do any cutting..
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote