The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-25-2004, 01:30 PM   #1
Ddragggon

Unhappy 1973 K20 sub for sale

It is with great regret that I create this post, but things happen in peoples lives, which make continuing along the same path impossible. For me, this is a delayed reaction to a layoff, which was a delayed reaction to 9/11.

For sale:
1973 K20 suburban. Just dropped the 454 in it in January, dropped an SM465/NP205 behind it in May. this is my project truck, and is near completion. it needs some simple body work (doors balanced, new front clip, have a spare power tailgate for it with a matched key for the doors I hung this afternoon) some interior work ( front seat has a hole in the drivers side, from me getting in with tools in my pockets, and being an old seat) Front axle ( D44 HD) needs a rebuild, and is not hooked to the NP205. SM465 I found out needs a new top cover, as 2nd gear pops out of place, if you don;t hold it there. ( top cover should cost about 20 to 40 at a junkyard. ) There's also 1400 watts of stereo sitting in this truck, althougi I'm contemplating tearing it out since I know I'll never get anywhere near what I paid for everyting in the truck. AC is basicaly in peices in boxes, but truck has plumbing for Dual air, and a good condensor core up front. ( airbox on firewall has a hole in it from 350 engine tearing a hole in it) Truck is on about 4 inches of lift, rolling crappy 33's, and 4:10 gearing in the differentials. I'll throw in the 3 Outlaw II rims/tires I have to go with it. ( won't need them anymore)
so basicaly yeah, you're buying my project at the 90% completion mark.
$3500 Firm, or throw $3000 in cash on the table. Will NOT part out. if you ask, I will probably hurt you

Engines:
350 engine. all I know about this engine, is that I pulled it out of the K20, because it blew a head gasket, and hydrolocked. Bearings are shot ( gold dust in the oilpan) I'll get head and block numbers and post those here. $200, sold as a core.

454 engine. This came out of my parts 73 C10 suburban. it ran and drove fine the entire way home from the gentleman I purchased it from. the VIN says it's a 454, and the gentleman says it's a 454, but I haven't found the familiar "7.4L" stamp on the block anywhere. I'll get the block and VIN numbers off of it. Engine will need cleaning, as it's been sitting for 2 years in the Arizona Desert. Engine is complete from pan to carbureator, has power steering pump, water pump, and brackets for the alternator included, as well as the original flexplate. no alternator, (your 350 alternator will fit fine) no fan, no fan clutch. $1200. Sold as working engine.

Other:

Parts: high compression 427 heads (I'll post head casting number). I bought these with the intention of making the spare 454 into a high compression high horsepower engine of doom to put in th 73 K20. no time, no money. $400.

Comp Cams RV cam for 454. it's been sitting for almost 2 years on the shelf. $80 bucks. will post cam number.

Vacuum brake booster from 1973 C10 suburban. $35

Front bumper for 73 to 80 chevy truck. Chrome, some small bends. Push bar ( bent to hell, but impressive when you come up behind someone at 90) $50 for the set. no brackets.

Lots of other parts that I can't remember off hand.

Email: Ddragggon@livingwithstyle.com
AIM: Ddragggonwork

All parts/vehicles sold as is, where is. If you can't pick it up, I can deliver up to 10 miles for free, 100 miles for $50 additional. any greater distance can be negotiated on. I don't particularly want to ship, but I can if you're willing to jump through flaming hoops too.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ddragggon; 07-25-2004 at 07:11 PM.
Ddragggon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:29 PM   #2
mkundo

How about some photos from the side and the rear. Parts/engine compartment.
Thanks
mkundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:57 AM   #3
plumbcut
california fill

90% complete in which way? Needs a motor, body, tranny, front axle, tires, interior, etc...
plumbcut is offline   Reply With Quote