The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2004, 01:34 AM   #1
tmcgrawlookalike

lowering my 72 snb

what is the "correct" way to lower my truck.does someone offer lowering spindle for these trucks on the front?it has factory disc brakes.how about the rear?does it get done with blocks,or aftermarket springs,or what?i do not want to heat up the springs or do a half a$$ job.thank you
tmcgrawlookalike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 08:10 AM   #2
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Any vendor will have the spindles you need.

If you want more than 2.5 inches lower in the front, you'll need a drop spring in conjunction with the spindle.

Rear, assuming it's a coil spring truck, you can use a block for up to 2 inch drop or so. Any lower than that, and you'll need a drop spring. If you're going to wind up buying a drop spring for the rear anyway, just bypass the whole lowering block deal and buy whatever drop spring you want. They come in any increment down to 6 inch drop.

If you lower it more than 3 or 4 inches in the rear, you'd be wise to address the panhard bar and shock mounts to improve the ride and handling.

Again, all the vendors will be able to fix you up.

I use Early Classic Enterprises for all of my stuff. Their kits come with every single thing you need right down to the bolts and washers. Lately, other companies have been pressuring ECE by offering lower prices and ECE has retaliated by lowering their prices. For example, ECE spindles used to be like 260 bucks and MCGauheys offerd theirs for like 219. When I called ECE, they sold me mine for 219. I imagine they have been hurting with the other companies offering similar products to theirs for cheaper. Years ago, ECE was the only game in town for quality 67-72 lowering stuff.