The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-02-2004, 10:16 PM   #1
724wdcopper
graphic designer

blazer tank

has anyone used a latter blazer tank on a 72 4wd? every time i do a search on ebay, i come up with lots of late model blazer tanks(especially s-10). they look to be about the right size, haven't measured yet, but the price is pretty reasonable. yeah, you would have to piece together a fuel hose and sender, but there are lots of aftermarket pieces for that. this might be really good when going to fuel injection. that is my goal. a ramjet or when i dream at night an LS1 style!

so, anybody done it?
724wdcopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:36 PM   #2
MACKL
Almost done!

Yep, I put A 72 blazer tank in my 70 swb. I love the location of the tank and I put in the side marker fill cap. (Real sweet) I have one complaint, it takes fuel REAL SLOW. I know the late model tanks are a different size and will not work. I got my tank from Kenny's truck parts. It came with mounts and sender. A lot of the vendors on the board sell them. I would buy the one with the bigest fuel fill hole to speed up filling up the tank. (Real real slow). If you could come accros a tank off a car that had a "behind the plate" fuel fill neck, you would fix the real real real slow fuel fill rate. I have heard of someone doing that but I have zero details. Maybe some one else on the board will have some info. Good luck with the project...
Kelly

The 1970 SWB Project

Removed 6cyl manual trans, manual everything
V8-350
Auto/PS/PDB
Blazer Fuel Tank
Behind the Marker Light Fuel Fill
MACKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:59 PM   #3
Bleach
this guy

Do a search for some of Tennman's posts. He did a really sweet job of relocating a tank where the spare is supposed to go. There is are a couple of write ups with pics on here somewhere. That's one of my long term plans. I'm more interested in being able to see and stop right now!
Bleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 02:24 AM   #4
Mudder

Theres a ton of info on this site for what you wanna do. Just do some searching.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote