The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
Lynx

Question Tank Selector Switch

Either im blind or its gone but I cant find the seach function any more so here is yet another Selector switch question.

Tanks wont and never have switched. It is stuck on the left hand side tank and im trying to figure out where the problem is.

The system I have on my 83 is the one with the switch with the 4 prongs on the back conecting to a pink,black,lt green, and drk green wires.

I Have cleaned up the grounds and thats not my problem. So now im checking the switch. Is there any "Bench test" that I can do on this switch to see if its working as it should?

1983 Silverado SWB 305
2002 Silverado Extended Cab 5.3
http://members.shaw.ca/bkennett
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 07:18 PM   #2
Russell
Professional Grade

Umm, try putting 12 volts on it and listen to hear if it clicks. If you can, try rigging up a setup on the output (side with one tube) that will squirt water through the solenoid, and apply / take off 12 volts and see if the water comes out of each of the two tubes, dependant on if 12 volts is applied or not, or if water comes out of both tubes.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:30 PM   #3
Lynx

Im first trying to find out if its the switch in the cab. Then if its working fine ill check out the actual valve
Old 08-09-2004, 12:23 AM   #4
full foot notch

im just taking a stabin the dark about the wiring, like i said, A GUESS, but pink most likely is the 12v, black is ground, and the lt green and drk green are the different tank senders/pumps
full foot notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:56 AM   #5
Lynx

Yup, ive got power at the switch and at the valve, so it seems that the wiring and switch is all good. I guess its the fault of the valve itself, im going to price one out tommorow.