The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-14-2004, 10:28 AM   #1
ChevyDude

My new 700R4 transmission arrived!!!

Well with all the delays I've had and after I just finally got my truck back from the paint shop after 4 months I decided not to rush getting it back together. So, the 3 on the tree is going to the way side and a new 700R4 trans will replace it. After careful research (I hope) I decided to purchase my 700R4 Mega Monster tranny through Monster MotorSports out of Florida. I ordered it one week ago along with a 1800-2000 stall converter and a complete conversion kit including TV cable and Trans filler tube, and it all arrived yesterday....and they threw in a t-shirt that reads:
www.EatMyShift.com guess that's their web site. The direct web site without the intro is : www.FeartheMonster.com Anyway just wanted to report another company that comes through as they say they will. Trans came packed very nicely on a crate and was delivered on time and in perfect shape. I can't wait to start putting it in!!!

1971 Lil' Red 350 SBC 700R4

Last edited by ChevyDude; 08-14-2004 at 11:03 AM.
ChevyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:30 AM   #2
Hunter
Lovin' Arizona Since 1961

Hooooow MUCH? What else do you need? Hmmmmmm. H.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:40 AM   #3
ChevyDude

Delivered to Colorado with the conversion Kit it was $1137.69. They call it their Mega Monster 700R4 and is supposed to have all the trick strong Bad A$$ parts in it. They tell me it will handle All the HP you put in front of it...so I think I'll be just fine with my 350 hp small block. Could I have bought it cheaper...maybe??? With their warranty and all the positive feedback on ebay I feel good about the purchase. No I did not buy it through ebay. I just called them up and placed the order.

Because I'm no tranny expert...not sure exactly what else I will need. I do know the drive shaft will have to be shortened and I'm thinking an automatic Flexplate will have to be bought to replace the flywheel. Guess I'll find out as the install goes in.

1971 Lil' Red 350 SBC 700R4

Last edited by ChevyDude; 08-14-2004 at 10:51 AM.
ChevyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 04:32 PM   #4
Smitty

Hey Chevy Dude,
Along with the flexplate you will have to get a different starter too I believe and don't forget to align it proplerly so that it meshes between the starter drive and the teeth on the flexplate.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 12:18 PM   #5
Blue68

Also, torque converter shield (bottom) and TCC lockup switch parts. You may want to really research how to set up the TV system. [url]www.700r4.com[\url] provides what seems to be some of the most detail information for setting them up I've seen as well as the correct cams for various carbs to ensure proper pressure curves.

The Monster web site has the following statement: "For the system to operate properly, all throttle linkage, vacuum lines and kick-down components must be connected and adjusted properly.". Hopefully they share how to do that and what you MUST do to ensure you meet their warranty requirements.

'68 C-10 LWB, '98 Z-71 350 w/accessories (Serpentine), Edelbrock Performer, Edelbrock 1405 (600cfm) carb, GM HEI, CompCam Extreme 4x4 roller cam, Thorley Headers, Carter Electric Fuel Pump, Vintage Air, 700r4, 3.73, disc brakes and power steering upgrades.
Blue68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 04:25 PM   #6
Grim Reaper

I bet thats a company that use to go by the name "transcore" or something. Guy who owned it use to hang on CK5.com. I think he ran into some issue with the name and had to change it. If it is the guy was pretty kewl and had this AWSOME K5 he built. It was in Jacksonville or Apalacicoloa as I recall.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote