The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2004, 11:11 PM   #1
RShaips

no brake lights ? and another brake ?

I have a 67 swb that I had the bed off, for a few weeks, when I put it back on (all painted and lookin killer!) the brake lights don't work, wireing is good ,brake switch is good ,I bypassed it and still nothing,I am not getting any power to the brake wire anywhere underneath the truck, where else can I look? Now my other problem not related to the brake lights is when I mash down the brakes they will not lock up, they stop good just kinda slow, I have power disc brakes on a 71 frame with a 72 power brake setup off of a 72 4x4, do I need a different portioning valve ? or what else could be the proiblem. My truck is a combo of three trucks ,67 LB which I put onto a 71 SB frame that had 5 lug, brakes and power steering, 72 1/2 ton 4x4 which I took the power brake setup and 383 stroker motor. Its finally almost completely finished ! Thanks for the help
RShaips is offline   Reply With Quote