The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-16-2004, 04:12 PM   #1
Hook'em

Brake light?

A story I thought you would get a kick out of.

I took the old truck over to a local oil change place this weekend. They do a 21 point inspection (although my old truck probably does not even have all 21 things to check). As one guy pulled the truck into the bay, another checked all of the lights: headlamps, high beams, turn signals, brakes, etc. I was in the front of the truck when he said "top brake light out". Curiously, I walked back to see which one he was talking about, and he pointed to the bed light on the top of the cab. He was pretty young, I remember when third brake lights became standard on cars in 1986, he was probably just born.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:30 PM   #2
thisolechevy

ha ha I am only 16 and know that its a curtousy light, or cargo light.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:45 PM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

lol! That is kinda funny, but we've all done something like that at one point or another.
I remember the first car I saw with 3 speed on the column. (A bad @ss Torino...70-ish) The guy told me it had a 3 speed in it, and when I saw the column shifter, I instantly thought 3 speed automatic. When i saw a clutch pedal down there I said something about the owner being an idiotic retard for swapping in an automatic when it used to be a stick!
I was 13 or so, and didn't know jack.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 07:40 PM   #4
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

My mother had a cherry '70 Maverick that was painted at a local shop. It had the 3 on the tree shifter too. It was backed up near the building awaiting her arrival to pick it up. When she arrived to get it, the "shop kid" was sent out to get it for her......Jumped right in and fired it up, backing it right into one of those big bronze Y shaped Fire Hydrants!(mounted on the wall) He thought it was an automatic in park. He nearly totaled a car that was just there for a freshen-up paint job.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote