The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-02-2004, 01:12 PM   #1
bigblock73
yeller

Happy B-day 75stepside!

Happy 24th man! Since it is your b-day, you must post updated pics of your truck...thats the new rule
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:00 PM   #2
75stepside
*Proud Member*

thanks man!! wow, i've had so many requests for the updated site, well, i promise an update this weekend... w/ the labor day holiday i'll have time to both work on the rig and work on the website.

First off, let me tell ya, I sprung a great deal on a brand new 73-87 painless system from autozone... $390 + tax. I basically just made friends w/ the manager and it went from there. now, if anyone else would be interested, i'd be more than happy to coordinate.

secondly, progress has been slow since my April 1st paintjob, hence the lack of updates. I've been super busy working NOW two jobs, and i went out and bought a 2002 R6, which hurt the restoration funds. but, alas, I was able to squeeze in getting all new glass and seals in the truck, the wormy chestnut for the bed, my wiring harness (still in box) and rear disc brakes for my posi axle. this weekend, i'm putting on misc. body panels, putting the posi axle w/ rear disc underneath it, touching up overspray on the chasis, and taking pictures for all to see!

thanks for the kind thoughts! i'll be posting/updating the site by monday evening.

take care all! thank you!!!

(how's your project bigblock73???)
75stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:14 PM   #3
bigblock73
yeller

That is a good deal on the wiring harness...what a score! You will LOVE the harness..it goes in sooo easy. I am, as others are I am sure, awaiting your updated pics...so hurry it up before this post gets moved because it doesn't pertain enough to 73-87.

As far as my progress...

I basically have the interior of the truck all wired up...just need to finish up a few things and then I am going to start assembling the rest of the interior. My doors, and entire front clip is at the painters and it has been hell let me tell you. The guy is super nice, but he is soo damn busy, a couple members of his family are very ill and in the hospital (his father is one), and I can never get a hold of him or get him to return my calls. I might swing by his place this weekend and just get my stuff...done or not. He is 3+ month past our agreed upon finish date. I hope to at least have the front half of the truck done this fall, and get the bed and rest squared away this winter/early spring.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:56 AM   #4
75stepside
*Proud Member*

wow, that was my whole story all along. I went through 3 body guys until i got my project done. the first guy, lived in the bottle, but was reliable, and did really good work. unfortuntely, his 2 DUI's in a month slowed him down and lost his license, and he just plain quit on me. I believe i owe him a lil cash yet, but he can come get it if he wants it... the second guy worked for about 2 weekends, did great work, good work, but then never called, came back, or returned calls... he is a friend of the family.

my final guy was hesitant at picking up the project, but with some convincing, he did. he's been working full time at a body shop for about 8 years, and on the side, he's got his own professional paint booth.

good work, good time, and great quality. very detail oriented and that is what my project needed. i am very particular and my body guy was too, so it worked out. i hope you work something out w/ your guy. monday update for sure!

take care all
75stepside is offline   Reply With Quote