The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-01-2004, 04:53 PM   #1
72C203503ONTHETREE

Hate to think about it, but whats my truck worth? Long-

I may have to sell my truck quick due to expenses that I need to get paid soon, mostly moving costs and utility hookups and related costs. I won't be able to pay that and the regular bills on top of that since my wife has a full time job and I can only work part time while going to college.

Anyway, the truck is my Chevy 72 C20. It is a long bed fleetside, 350 V8, three speed on the column, power brakes, power steering, no AC, 16" rims and tires, GMC tailgate, glass is all there and good, has a red bench seat in good shape, rest is white paint or brownish tan vinyl. Still has original chrome hubcaps, most of the truck is still original. Has the Eaton HO52 non locker but am getting a HO72 Detroit Locker 4.10 geared center section that goes with it. I also have a good SM465 trans with a working PT, shifter, knob, and even the rubber shifter boot that goes with it. Has Hella H4 headlights, have smoked front signal lens assemblies to go with truck, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake(new), good used Carter 600 cfm AFB carb, new Summit 1105 cam, new Moroso stud girdle, new Proform aluminum roller rockers, Brodix valve covers, Edelbrock air cleaner, have new door lock assemblies and heater switch, Heater fan control lever is broken, am looking to get a new assembly to fix that, drivers door release handle just broke a few days ago, am looking for another one to fix that also. Has a racing harmonic balancer, new high output HEI distributor/coil, and a true double roller timing chain with cam bolt locks. Engine runs great, doesnt burn oil, does leak a little from rear main seal. Good power and revs fast. I also have brand new rotors, calipers(rebuilt), pads, bearings, and seals for the fronts but havent installed them yet. Grease also goes with it all. Pads are Z rated Performance frictions, overkill but what the heck, lol. The front left wheel bearings are a little loose so I went ahead and got all new parts just to be safe when I removed the old bearings. Truck drives great, would make a good daily driver if you can afford the gas. Body is white, needs rocker panels, they are there but rusted, everything else is pretty rust free. Has some rust around windsheild inside from leaking drip rail from what I can see. Floor is good, gas tank doesnt leak, no rust or crap in the clear fuel filter yet. Has newer duwl exhaust and glass packs, was on truck when I got it. Bed is not perfect, wood is still in floor but not the best, has some kind of bed liner previous owner installed, held 90 8X4X4 bricks with no problems. Some dents in the bed, not horrible, worst is a crease behind the rear wheel. Hood, grille, fenders, doors in good shape. Front bumper has been pushed up a bit on the right side, may be easily fixed. All the lights work, even the reverse lights, dash lights are nice and bright. Truck is a non radio option, has original radio block off plate. Dash pad is crakced from the heat. Door panels have been painted white, steering wheel plastic is breaking off. Parking brake still works good. Frame is great, no rust. Has a rear bumper with a 2" receiver hitch and wiring, don't know if the wiring plug works though. Its probably a 6 or 7 truck on a 1-10 scale.

I was thinking $2000, but I dont really know what it would be worth. I need to get as much as I can though. It is in NE Alabama, not too far from Huntsville or Guntersville. I will get some pictures if anyones interested in it. I didnt want to post this in the classifieds until I knew what a fair price is or get into a bidding war since thats not allowed there. Anyway, thanks for any input. I tried to include everything good and bad and be honest.

09 Challanger RT six speed in all black.

74 Datsun 710 wagon, all 1.8 liters of screaming Datsun power.

73 C10 long bed, 350/350 combo, nice shape.
72C203503ONTHETREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 07:30 PM   #2
Blue Beard

Need to post some pics to help sell.....
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:59 PM   #3
72C203503ONTHETREE

Yeah, cant do it on here though, have to have someone post them for me.

I forgot to post earlier that the truck also has a brand new four core radiator, racing aluminum water pump, and all new belts and hoses.

If anyone can post pics for me, let me know and I can e mail you some.

Old 10-03-2004, 09:18 AM   #4
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

I can post them, I will PM you my e-mail address.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:05 AM   #5
72C203503ONTHETREE

Ok, I have two guys willing to post pics for me, thanks Yukon and 68GMC. I have to get the truck washed and get pictures taken, then I will get you the pictures. Hopefully I will not have to sell it though.