The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-03-2004, 01:01 AM   #1
Swbman

I know Im not the only one to say,ITS NOT FOR SALE..

Being the avid and sometimes obessive old car and truck nut,For the most I always have some old car or truck parked in the driveway either by its own power or on a trailer, and I live right off a major and very busy road,it never fells at least a couple times a week if I have a 72 2wheel blazer,71 3/4 burb,68 chevelle ss,64 buick special deluxe wagon,69 riviera,72 cheyenne super swb, and a host of parts trucks someone always knocks on the door or leave notes asking if I want to sell, and for the ones I do talk to they must think Im stupid or maybe he doesnt know what he has kinda attitude and I can get over on him,my first response is its not for sale and I guess they must be banking on I dont know what I have here, like I said I live right off a very busy street,and if I pass by someones place and regularly see muscle car era stuff all the time,then a light would probably come on to tell me that this person,is looking at and buying some nice stuff,so he must know what he's doing, and not Im gonna go and see if I can get that 72 blazer for a thousand dollars,now I make sure any vehicles are pulled behind the fence,so I don't have to deal with the it that for sale mess,cause if it was for sale wouldn't you think I would have a for sale sign on it.When I look for stuff to buy I always get off the beaten path. Just venting. Dont mind me, hell they dont know it took me well over a year to find the blazer,or another year to find the chevelle.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:38 AM   #2
1969 GMC

I have only ever had 2 people attempt to buy or trade my truck from me. The first was some guy that came into my workplace, saw the truck in the parking lot off of a busy state route. He asked, "Who owns the yellow truck and how much to drive it home?"
I replied, "$5k and she is yours, they are getting harder and harder to find you know."
He just frowned and left.

The second was a kid I graduated with. Since his sophomore year he has worked at his father's factory, sweeping the floor and being a gopher, making like $15 an hour. Basically suffered from severe silver spoon in mouth syndrome. I give him some credit, because he was the only other "truck guy" in my graduating class. He wanted to buy my truck outright at first, to which I refused. He kept nagging me about it. Finally he said he would trade me a late 70's K30 for it, which was one of his 4-5 trucks. I went to look at it...what wasn't rusted was bondoed horribly. 454 knocked and TH400 needed rebuilt. he had taken the dana 60 out for one of his other trucks and put in a 10 bolt I just passed.

I think my truck is a keeper...
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 03:43 AM   #3
Brainchild
Still drivin' a Rat Rod

I keep mine pretty well hidden at the moment,back 1/4 mile from the road at the farm

My problem is keepiing Dad from taking them.He gave me the 49,and since I got it running,and nearly streetable he's always tormenting me about taking it back.
I also got the 71 body from him,and he's offered me the 92 4x4 for it,and I said no,I hate that truck,it's beat 7 ways to sunday.

I'll kow more about this later when I actually get tags in them next week,I hope
Rusty Member #13872
Instead of saying.....you are a discomfort in the back of my front.....one should be able to say...... you are a pain in the *a$#*

71 GMC LWB
49 Chevy
85 Chevy G20

Check out my website
Brainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:07 AM   #4
Blue Beard

I've got too many sitting here, if I put one for sale it seems like they want one of the others.

Doesn't it make you wonder why when you decide to sell one of the others that no one is interested?
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:29 AM   #5
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Don't discount those people.

I had a saleman walk into the fire station and wake me up one day wanting to buy my truck sitting in the parking lot.

Two days later, I had a cashier's check for it. Turns out, he was from Minnesota and had never seen a rust free truck before, coupled with the fact he had just sold a 1970 Cuda and had plenty of money to spend.

Moral of this story, always have a price in mind that you could live with selling it for. Some folks got bank.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:35 AM   #6
Mudder

I have guys always asking if the truck is for sale. Never really considered it. I guess everything has a price tho.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:53 AM   #7
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

I live somewhat off the beaten path, but in the 27 years I've owned the Beast, I've had several people ask about buying it, but it's like a member of my family. The locals know it's not for sale. If someone asks about it, I take it as a compliment. Doesn't bother me.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:26 AM   #8
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

I've stopped many times to ask if something is for sale. Twice now I have bought something like that. One of which is the only car I have ever wanted. I caught a glimpse of a 70 chevelle with a flat tire in the side yard of a guys house with a few other old cars. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he said that he'd let it go for a grand. Next day I was jump starting it and putting air in the tire. Truth is, I had just totaled my other car in a wreck and had plenty of bank at the time. Even if he'd've said 5 grand I'd've still been over there the next day picking it up.
Since I have bought that car I have had offers from people many many times. Even with the front clip off of it and the motor stripped down to the cracked block I still get offers. It's not really for sale, but if somebody wants to give me 5k for it, it's gone.
Todd
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:34 AM   #9
fine69

I get them stopping by all the time. Ask how much, then ask if i want to trade? But they always want to trade something gay.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:57 AM   #10
Southpa

I don't mind young(ish) people keeping a fleet of vintage collectibles laying around just so long as they are seriously planning on getting them (or their parts) back on the road. What bugs me is these crusty old farts (re: post by Silvertonguedevil in "Totally Crushed" thread) who only have a few years of life left, no relatives, and are hoarding these vehicles with the belief that they plan on restoring them. Yeah, they are yours, you can do what you want with them and I guess the money won't do you any good anyway. But I mean, I think these guys should at least show some respect! If they cared so much to have acquired the vehicles in the first place then they should be concerned that they (or their parts) will be given good homes. NO! They'd rather just try to spitefully take it with them when they die! (Done ranting.)

On a side note, I've heard of guys that collect guitars...and they DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO PLAY THEM!

You can wish in one hand and crap in the other.
See which one gets filled first.

Last edited by Southpa; 10-03-2004 at 12:01 PM.
Southpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 12:15 PM   #11
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Never had an offer on any of mine....... Bummer I guess I would trade my blazer for a 2wd and I am gonna sell the 69 sooner or later but the 72 will never be for sale and the 70 swb k-10 that I am hoarding will be together sooner or later....

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 12:38 PM   #12
kirsten
need i say more

I think when people find out it's my truck and see the 'not a chance' look they don't bother! But they want her just the same...
I have to say, though- If you live in WA, that was me leaving notes on your truck about 6 yrs ago... you do what you gotta do when all the ones in the truck trader are ****.... and it worked out!! Only in was in a field in Princeton that I found it!

*big block environmentalist-HA*
seaangel@shaw.ca

the creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
kirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 12:47 PM   #13
Brainchild
Still drivin' a Rat Rod

Everything is for sale I guess.I have shot my mouth off before,and ended up getting a ride back home.I'd sell about anything for the right price,cause there is always something I want more than what I have.That's just the nature of the beast I guess
Rusty Member #13872
Instead of saying.....you are a discomfort in the back of my front.....one should be able to say...... you are a pain in the *a$#*

71 GMC LWB
49 Chevy
85 Chevy G20

Check out my website
Brainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #14
obsesive23
Who me?

We get people stoping buy at my dads at least once a month "is that for sale" it really upsets my dad. He's always worried about theifs. But there is a lot of cars sitting there next to the shop lets see, Dad's got 2 dodge ramchargers, 3 short box 4x4's and a quad cab all dodge. My self a 63 caddy, my 68 chev, and my 67 gt fb mustang. then there's my cousin's collection a 93 454 ss, 3 yes 3 gtx grand nationals, a 78 monte (looks exactly like the one in training day), a 2002 navigator "wrecked" siting on 22's. So with cars like that sitting around the shop you can amagine that people are gonna stop. Heck that's I have found a lot my cars.

72 2WD Blazer, under going porter built surgery
67 GT Mustang fastback
67 Mustang coupe C/S clone
64 Falcon sprint hardtop
obsesive23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:02 PM   #15
chevy_fatman
Where's my beer?

When I first got my 2wd Blazer I would have at least 3 or 4 guys daily stopping by and look at it (live behind wally world) they would ask the little lady if it was for sale and leave their phone # then I decided to move it out of town with some relatives and even sitting in the backyard people has come to ask if it is for sale and since I don't want to sell I just reply bring me 10k and is yours and I know that the blaz is not worth that much, is just a way of discouragin people when they ask if is for sale.

If it was for sale it would have a a big fking for sale sign, wouldn't it?

How do you make the invisible, visible?.........You take it away.
chevy_fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:25 PM   #16
RAT-AT-TACH

i get asked all the time if my burb is for sale one guy has asked 3 or 4 times now,everything does have its price but i honestly dont think my burb has one, i love it to much, my brother and i spent a couple of weeks in a rain storm with no shelter working on the motor and then finally putting a new one in,in my eyes i would never be able to replace this truck.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2004, 02:43 PM   #17
72moneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAT-AT-TACH
i get asked all the time if my burb is for sale one guy has asked 3 or 4 times now,everything does have its price but i honestly dont think my burb has one, i love it to much, my brother and i spent a couple of weeks in a rain storm with no shelter working on the motor and then finally putting a new one in,in my eyes i would never be able to replace this truck.

Boy, love that Burb! Want to sell it?
72moneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:52 PM   #18
Canadian694x4
Born To Lose Club

Location: Calgary, Alberta/Oxenden, Ontario, Great White North
I personally don't mind when asked...but I can see how it could get to be a pain in the ass to some.
1972 GMC K2500 Custom LWB Fleetside - Proud Owner For 2 Yrs - 1 of 571 Built & Sold In Canada! - 350 V8/SM465/NP205, 4” Rough Country Lift, 33” Interco TSL Thornbirds
2007.5 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD 4x4 - Proud Owner For 15 Yrs
- 6.6L V8 Duramax Diesel/Allison 1000, 2" Lift, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ's.
2008 Yamaha Raptor 700r - Proud Owner For 13 Yrs - ITP Mud Lites.
2015 John Deere 1025R - Proud Owner For 6 Yrs - 24HP Diesel/H120/54D/260B/SB1154.
Canadian694x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:44 PM   #19
67cst
i love summertime

i always ask guys if they want to sell stuff, as a matter of fact i just got home from crusing back roads, i live in a town with roughly 90-100,000 people, i know there has to be a 67-72 4x4 out there somewhere! im just not having any luck, ive got a few grand stashed in the bank and a fat loan waiting too, i want something real nice, a solid daily driver but i just cant get lucky enough to find something and its starting to piss me off! lol

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 06:23 PM   #20
Nixon

Well I can respect all or the various outlooks on this subject. I have been one of those people who would see a truck and inquire. Always hoping for a deal because I used to not have enough scratch to pay the price. I have since bought a truck that had a "for sale" sign in it, but now I am always scrounging for a good deal on parts. Saw two 72 chevy lwb's in a field the other day and stopped to ask if the guy was interested in parting them out. He wanted to sale the trucks whole but their beds were filled with parts he had scrounged over the years. As a result of asking I got two decent doors for 70 dollars. They need most of the internals replaced but the glass is good and very little cancer. I guess the point is if you don't ask you'll never know. There may still be a little ol lady who has her dead husbands truck and wants to get rid of it cheap.
Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:07 PM   #21
Stryker67

EVERYTHING'S FOR SALE. PERIOD. I'll sell everything I own if the price is right. 'cept my soul of course, that's already spoken for.
The world needs ditch-diggers too.
Stryker67 is offline   Reply With Quote