The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-25-2004, 11:27 AM   #1
kaz1961

Opinions of this 59 Apache Fleetside

Hi all, I am looking for a new toy and would like to get a 1950's pickup. I know nothing about them and was hoping to get some advice from this board. I ran across a 59 Apache that looks interesting. Here is the sellers description:

1959 Chevy apache fleetside pickup truck, handsome royal blue with white top, interior completely repainted, has 1956 265 cu." V-8 with power pack and 4 barrel carb. Has complete NEW: braking system including master cylinder, electric wipers, single wire alternator, cam & lifters,timing chain, fuel pump, water pump, king pins, drag link, U-joints. Frame has been cleaned and sprayed with epoxy primer. The heater & defroster work, it tracks straight traveling down the highway, has attractive 6 lug chevy sport wheels and good white letter 15" tires. It is a rare option that this truck has the original 1959 am radio which is worth $300-$400. This truck was upgraded so that it would be enjoyable for driving from state to state. Enjoy driving this truck while continuing restoration. It is a daily driver truck, not a show truck.

I have pictures here:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ssekaz/album?.dir=/61d0

What do you think of the truck? What would be a good price in this condition? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
kaz1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:01 PM   #2
john j

The first question you have to ask is "is this the truck i really want. And as most will tell you, it's worth what you want to pay. It's to hard to put a price on a truck. If you just can't live without it, then you'll pay what ever to get it. But if it's just a truck to you, then you won't pay as much. Make the offer that way. johnj
Old 10-25-2004, 10:40 PM   #3
DennyB
Led Sled! Discs R 4 ME!

Here is a link to a post where a couple of sources for truck values were posted.

http://207.44.196.117/vboard/showthread.php3?t=123251
DennyB is offline   Reply With Quote