The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-05-2004, 12:08 AM   #1
dinnut

cool pic from school

took this pic at school today. the jeep is my friend david. he knows alot about cars and he really wants to do big things with this jeep (i talked him into an lt1... if we can only find it...) the blue truck is mine with the 2.5" lowering springs in the front... the 3rd is this kids dodge w/ a 318 with some stuff done to it and the 4th truck is my friends 80something shortbed chevy truck with an lt1 engine and corvette transmission. its fast. it has a big cam... but he has highway gears and it slows it down a bunch. this is the first time we really parked like this.... i just felt like taking a pic on my cell phone and showing yall
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2004, 12:11 AM   #2
Peregrine

That's awesome. Now I might take a pic of my parking lot, it's not a bad idea. My friend Stephen parks behind my in his 74 mustang. Maybe it's a 72. It's ugly though. And a Ford. But at least it's old. I have been told by nearly everyone at school that I have the coolest vehicle there, so I may not be the coolest guy, but at least my truck will have a date to prom.

Let the world change you and you will change the world.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:34 AM   #3
Brainchild
Still drivin' a Rat Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
My friend Stephen parks behind my in his 74 mustang.
That's the way it should be

I remember parking in a row like that with my friends,school,walmart,wherever,we all drove our own cars to the same place so it would look like a big club
Rusty Member #13872
Instead of saying.....you are a discomfort in the back of my front.....one should be able to say...... you are a pain in the *a$#*

71 GMC LWB
49 Chevy
85 Chevy G20

Check out my website
Brainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:51 AM   #4
GMC71k20

my truck was voted best ride at school, made me proud to build something that could beat all the spoiled kids
GMC71k20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 02:13 AM   #5
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

Back in HS (like a year and a half ago, lol) me and my friends would always line up the trucks at the back row. When i was a sophomore and junior there were 3-4 other 67-72's and we'd try to park next to each other. By the time i was a senior there was only 1 other and it wasn't there all the time. Still fun to line them up though, and show a little country boy pride, lol. Mine was also proably the 2nd fastest, only my a LT1-powered Camaro was faster.
lukecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 03:51 AM   #6
75-K5
Bucket of Bolts

You guys are lucky, I was the only person at my school with a pre-1985 vehicle of any kind, until this spoiled kid got a mint '73 c10. Everybody drooled over it because it was bright red and perfect but he didn't do any work to it at all. He even got in the yearbook but what did I get? Squat. I drove a very nice '76 Monte Carlo at the time and nobody cared.

One week my buddy got to drive his grandpa's cherry '62 Thunderbird to school. That was fun times. Everybody liked us then. :p
Old 11-05-2004, 04:49 AM   #7
BurnoutNova

in HS only once or twice there were some badass rows of cars, all along the street in front of school... my 72 nova, a friends 69 chevelle w/ 17" touqe thrust II's,a real nice 72 chevelle SS, 71 camaro Z-28 with an LT-1 and M-22, 2 mazda rx-7's with 350's in them, a 63 nova SS, and there were a few lt1/ls1 camaros and some IROC camaro's

a few times i got into it with one or the other at lunch time...

the best time was when i had to push my car outside, after auto tech class becasue it was "too loud" hahaha... of couse it always had open headers. drove it there every day with slicks and open headers
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:50 AM   #8
ale8oneboy

We had a few nice cars each year in our parking lot while I was in high school. One guy had a 71' with a new model bed. Sweet truck, he let it go though. We had our share of Camero's and Mustangs. By the time I was a senior things died down a little bit. It became more of who had the loudest rumble or biggest burnout. I drove my Dad's 87' Bronco (Ford, I know). But it was loud enough most of the time to win the after school rev'n and speel contest. Which was usually followed by road ballet. The guys would pull out and throw them' side ways. Sometimes they'd end up in creek by our school. Pretty embarrassing when the principle pulls you out with his truck.

Keep sending the glory day stories... Always good to

"Color Me Gone" - Two Lanes of Blacktop

Last edited by ale8oneboy; 11-05-2004 at 12:52 PM.
ale8oneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 02:41 PM   #9
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75-K5
You guys are lucky, I was the only person at my school with a pre-1985 vehicle of any kind...
I feel your pain man - First car I had, I was a highschool student. It was a 1978 Ford Fairmont SW complete with fake stick on woodie siding! It was a decent car, but I killed it off when some friends and I tried to do some 4x4ing.

Then I had a 1982 Olds Custom Cruiser (big boat of a station wagon) and most of my friends were vehicle-less bums that always wanted rides everywhere!!! LMAO. It's really hard to turn people down because there's "no room" when the friggin car can seat eight - WITH SEATBELTS! Again, a neat car with the power everything option.

One that I was most proud of, had the shortest amount of time, and only saw the school once (had no reg papers) was a 1971 VW Super Beetle.

No photos of the Ford (who'd want 'em! LOL), I have none of the 82 Olds scanned but have a bunch on paper, and I have a bunch of the VW on paper, but only one I scanned years ago. This picture is of me when I was in highschool.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2004, 04:24 PM   #10
kxmotox247

Cool picture for sure. It makes showing up for class a little easier when you and your friends are all driving cool stuff.
kxmotox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 06:53 PM   #11
Peregrine

Yeah, about the recing contest. About every other day these kids in their "souped up" Preludes or whatever the hell they are (ones a MR2 that's pretty nice, but that's the only one I've ever paid attention to) will start revvin them up while we wait to get into school. I hardly ever join in cause 1: it's silly 2: it wastes gas (I turn my truck off as soon as I get to school, seems like everyone else can afford to leave theirs running) but somedays I feel like shutting them up. One of my friends will usually look over at me and just nod and get this evil grin on their face. Like it's their truck. Bah. So I'll start er up and drown out those little four bangers. Nothing like a small-block. Mmmmm. Even my assistant principal will come over and get this goofy look on his face cause he grew up with these cars. But yeah, only my truck, the mustang and a 72 jeep that's done up real nice are older than 1984 ish.

Let the world change you and you will change the world.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 07:16 PM   #12
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Cool shot Dinnut. I didn't have a camera then, but my first wheels were a 64 Corvair Spyder and 64 Rambler American, niether should have been in public, let alone photgraphed .

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 08:29 PM   #13
R 78 PROJECT
<<< R 67 PROJECT

Cool back in the day

That's nothing,when Tx Firefighter was in H.S. a '55 chevy was a dime a dozen and there were rows of '67-'71 pick up(no 72s it was 1971)hehe lol lol,just muckin w/ya Tx Ff.,anyway good story keep up with old chevy it'll payoff in the end.
-67 C-10 stepside my toy
R 78 PROJECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 09:36 PM   #14
67cst
i love summertime

back in highschool my first car was an 85 z28, here when i live i fit right in, my school had a bad rep, always liked going out on weekends looking for fights , crashing parties etc, i was a good guy but there was lots that gave us all a bad name, anyways the camaro was pretty fitting so it was cool, i sold it after having it for about 6 months because i wanted a truck to haul my mt bike around in, i ended up getting a friend of the families s10, it was an 87 reg cab shortbox, lowered 4 in the front 6 in the back, had real nice pearl gold paint actually called twilight gold, tonneau cover, alum rims and low pro tires, everyone loved that truck, it was super clean and sharp, got me in the year book as a matter of fact...ill have to dig up some pics of it and post them sometime

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 11:31 PM   #15
68gmcdually

Back in the day I used to get to drive whatever I wanted from my parent's classic car business, so needless to say I used to get to drive anything from a 40 Lasalle Hot Rod to our 60 Rolls Royce to school and everything you could think of in between. On the inclement days I drove my S-15 with loud duals back and forth, which I might add took me longer to drive to school then to walk but it was a status symbol when you drove to school.

1968 930 Extend-A-Cab Dually 5.7l, 5 speed,
68gmcdually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:22 AM   #16
useRc10

i drove the '72 in my avatar...made the yearbook in 3 different places one year...i'll have to scan them later
-dads '70 burb (red, 5-7 drop, 350...)

www.geocities.com/userc10/truckhome.html
AIM: Auntjoedadda
useRc10 is offline   Reply With Quote